• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Bash Fest

That sort of deal should be signed sealed delivered in Matter of seconds IMO .. I'll forgive supposed itk people not knowing that .. Get deal done amazing return

Is there any kind of deal that you think can't or shouldn't be turned around quickly?

Is there any kind of deal that you think can't or shouldn't be turned around quickly?

Well for a player who offered nothing and a total failure i mean once levy knew they in for him seriously then I'm glad he had the sense to get deal done real quick without anyone truly knowing . A lot of transfers are dragged out for lots of reasons but for players out we shouldn't fool around

Well for a player who offered nothing and a total failure i mean once levy knew they in for him seriously then I'm glad he had the sense to get deal done real quick without anyone truly knowing . A lot of transfers are dragged out for lots of reasons but for players out we shouldn't fool around

I don't wish to be rude but this is naive at best. We need to get the best deal for the club, both with the fee and the terms. If we do not, then we leave ourselves with less money to bring in new players.

I don't wish to be rude but this is naive at best. We need to get the best deal for the club, both with the fee and the terms. If we do not, then we leave ourselves with less money to bring in new players.
Figures this evening banded about are 10 m , 12m and 15m .. I'd take 10m in a heartbeat for Paulinho is my point .. Any club that offers money like this should be accepted imo n not be looking to create a bidding war . We get a lot of money back for a player who gave us nothing . I don't think naive .. Chelsea didn't hang about selling Luiz for 50m . Done before anyone really got shot of it . Doing deals like that just have to be whipped up fast

Figures this evening banded about are 10 m , 12m and 15m .. I'd take 10m in a heartbeat for Paulinho is my point .. Any club that offers money like this should be accepted imo n not be looking to create a bidding war . We get a lot of money back for a player who gave us nothing . I don't think naive .. Chelsea didn't hang about selling Luiz for 50m . Done before anyone really got shot of it . Doing deals like that just have to be whipped up fast
Some comparison..... Getting 1000% more than the player is worth is a little bit different from getting 70%

Last edited:

Do you think because the first we heard of the Luiz deal was when it was at the final stages that there was no prior negotiations?

Do you think because the first we heard of the Luiz deal was when it was at the final stages that there was no prior negotiations?
I know this but it only gets out when deal virtually done .. Point is we really wanted to sell player and it's too good an offer to turn down no matter what figure it is is all I'm saying . If 10m is the bottom figure I think that's a savage return on player . No Italian club would pay that or Brazil club imvho

That depends on how the payments are structured and that is one of the reasons why negotiations can drag out.

Figures this evening banded about are 10 m , 12m and 15m .. I'd take 10m in a heartbeat for Paulinho is my point ..
Well you might take 10m in a heartbeat, but that starts to look positively irresponsible if you could have got 12m or 15m after several weeks negotiating. Getting an extra 2m - 5m for Paulinho and reinvesting it in transfer fees or wages is not a small thing by any means.

I know this but it only gets out when deal virtually done .. Point is we really wanted to sell player and it's too good an offer to turn down no matter what figure it is is all I'm saying . If 10m is the bottom figure I think that's a savage return on player . No Italian club would pay that or Brazil club imvho

I wonder if you'd have been saying something similar a week ago if the offer was at 5m

Well you might take 10m in a heartbeat, but that starts to look positively irresponsible if you could have got 12m or 15m after several weeks negotiating. Getting an extra 2m - 5m for Paulinho and reinvesting it in transfer fees or wages is not a small thing by any means.
I really don't know what or how clubs come to actual figures on players and whole negotiating thing but yeah ur right but I just can't see a club for arguments sake come to Spurs and say ok we interested in Paulinho we will offer 10 m but two weeks later come back n say ok u win we will give u 15m .. Too big a gap there I think but must be close enough and serious enough to get bodies around a table and in a quick time turnaround mean business and get deal done . Surely a ball park figure n then cone to table to iron out lesser details no ??

I really don't know what or how clubs come to actual figures on players and whole negotiating thing but yeah ur right but I just can't see a club for arguments sake come to Spurs and say ok we interested in Paulinho we will offer 10 m but two weeks later come back n say ok u win we will give u 15m .. Too big a gap there I think but must be close enough and serious enough to get bodies around a table and in a quick time turnaround mean business and get deal done . Surely a ball park figure n then cone to table to iron out lesser details no ??

What if they said we will pay you £10m but only £4m up front and the rest is dependent on appearances, results and international caps?

if we have been offering Paulie for sale to everyone and very few offers have come in, and the offers that did appear were lets say 5-7 mill or one year loan to buy deals, then a sudden offer of around 11 mill would be too good to turn down imo and in this case should be accepted and concluded asap. I wouldnt see the need to hang around waiting for something better. Only Levy and Baldini know how the market is and what sort of interest and offers there have been for our players.

Plus think about it, when we signed Paulinho we overpaid for him. This and the fact that he has had 2 very poor seasons for us, has lost his place in the Brazil team, had a terrible world cup last year, how can anybody not expect his value to have fallen dramatically? If he was playing for any other club right now and Spurs were rumoured to be interested in buying him, who would want us to pay anything more than 10 mill pounds? I actually wouldnt even sign him for 5 mill.

so this offer of 11 mill is pretty damn amazing tbh

if we have been offering Paulie for sale to everyone and very few offers have come in, and the offers that did appear were lets say 5-7 mill or one year loan to buy deals, then a sudden offer of around 11 mill would be too good to turn down imo and in this case should be accepted and concluded asap. I wouldnt see the need to hang around waiting for something better. Only Levy and Baldini know how the market is and what sort of interest and offers there have been for our players.

I suppose this is what I mean . Like a game of poker can't show your cards too soon but there has to be a figure that Spurs let out to interested parties at first and up to club to say ok we can do this and once it gets close organise a meet but a 5 m gap is way too much I think it would surely have to be closer I think ? Dunno with vast amounts of money out there once u guage a clubs and players willingness then working towards a certain figure then it's Possible to bridge bigger gaps money wise

It wouldn't be waiting for a seperate bid though, you'd negotiate with the club offering the 11m, as no one bids their maximum first time around

I think what they are trying to say is 10/11m for someone who is sh*t is worth jumping on before the people buying realise he is sh*t

Back