• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Isco

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Emirates Marketing Project are ready to meet Isco's £17.5 million release fee this January before loaning the playmaker back to Malaga until the summer, Goal.com can reveal.

City's new director of football Txiki Begiristain has discovered that the Andalusian outfit are looking to extend the midfielder's current deal at La Rosaleda, which would likely raise his buy-out clause to over £30m. As such, the Premier League outfit are preparing to act fast in order to grab themselves a bargain.

Roberto Mancini has been desperate to land the 20-year-old for a number of months, as was revealed by Goal.com in October, with the youngster proving pivotal to Malaga's outstanding form this season. Manuel Pellegrini's side sit fourth in La Liga and are comfortably through to the Champions League knockout stages.

The Italian had hoped to bring Isco to Manchester in January, but would be willing to let him stay in Spain until the end of the season in order to keep the fee down as they continue to monitor Radamel Falcao and Stevan Jovetic.

City officials have been made aware of other clubs monitoring the youngster and see a move for less than £20m as good business, while Malaga are looking to make a healthy profit on the midfielder after paying Valencia £6.5m for his services in 2011.

The champions also view Isco, who made his debut for Spain earlier this year before failing to make the final cut for the 23-man squad that went on to win Euro 2012, as a perfect alternative to Eden Hazard, who they missed out on in the summer.

The 20-year-old is a product of Valencia’s youth team and has been highly recommended to City staff by David Silva, another star graduate of the club's academy.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/01/3569674/manchester-city-ready-to-meet-175m-isco-clause

Goal.com not doing their credibility any favours with the release clause talk, but do we stand any chance? And is he the one we need?

I prefer Messi if anyone is deluded to get into these sort of conversations.

As you say Jordinho, the fact they've missed the crucial detail about the release clause (i.e. that it doesn't apply to non-Iberian clubs), doesn't bode well for the credibility of the rest.

Goal.com are prime purveyors of earthy fecal matter. They put out an 'exclusive' the other day that made into Newsnow's most viewed Spurs pages of the day. It read 'Spurs in enquiry for Eriksen', and went on to reveal that we had made an enquiry for Eriksen.

The rest of the sole paragraph on the subject mentioned how we'd be willing to let him stay at Ajax until the summer.

No quotes, no inside analysis, zilch. That was it. So they basically declared that Spurs may or may not sign Christian Eriksen in January, and may or may not announce his signing in either January or the summer. If it still doesn't come off, they can point to the word 'enquiry'.

Sigh.

of course he is, and they looked at him in the summer, but his price is up and Malaga are doing quite well.

Chelsea are reportedly close to announcing the £15m signing of Isco. (Sunday People)

Just what they were missing.

Chelsea are reportedly close to announcing the £15m signing of Isco. (Sunday People)

FFS.. Surely they will have too many for their 25 man squad if they keep signing everyone that is available?

FFS.. Surely they will have too many for their 25 man squad if they keep signing everyone that is available?
chelsea taking advantage of their CL winners status to get as many players in ... manager changes only delays the inevitable disharmony and discord from top players not having enough games ( i hope).

we should sign someone of isco's quality if we are intending to let bale go.

You am never have enough quality and this Guy I'd bette IMO than both oscar and hazard

However I think they will now sell before they buy due to their lack of champions league income this year and the fact that they will have declare the summers transfers in this years figures. They can't comply with Fair Play as much as we know its my favourite buttplug by making a loss afte making their first profit in modern history

But i might be wrong as this is them were talking about

If there is a remote chance we could get Isco then forget Moutinho, Willian, Damiao, Sneider, get Isco

I've been watching this guy closely this year and he is getting better and better. Obviously Chelsea don't need him at all and you'd have to think his game time would be severely limited. It could be a career killer for him if he went there.

I've been watching this guy closely this year and he is getting better and better. Obviously Chelsea don't need him at all and you'd have to think his game time would be severely limited. It could be a career killer for him if he went there.

The agents who advise him will be thinking about one thing £££££££££££££££££££££££££

The agents who advise him will be thinking about one thing £££££££££££££££££££££££££

Yeah. And if he's even close to as good as some of the posters here claim he is then he will get games at Chelsea. Young, super talented, hyped football players tend to be fairly confident in their own abilities as well so he's unlikely to think that he's not going to get games at Chelsea. More likely to think that he will be good enough to grab a starting spot even though there are other very good players there.

Back