• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is the club going through a bit of a 'perfect storm' at the moment?

Or we beat Brighton, Watford and Huddersfield, then draw or win against Barca.. What will you have to moan about then?

My point was these things have a habit of snowballing. I couldn’t care less whether the fans are happy with the current predicament- I only care that Poch is taking our current situation seriously. It’s a testing time for him with not a lot of options to freshen things up. We can’t take for granted that we can just walk out of this malaise, the players need to raise their game and Poch has to somehow foster that environment. It is not a question of can he do it but more a question of he must do it.

We've got more points than last season having played United away and Liverpool at home, lets compare:

17/18:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (a)- win
Chelsea (h) - lost
Burnley (h) - draw
Everton (a) - win
Swansea (h) - draw

Total - 8 points

18/19:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (a) - win
Fulham (h) - win
Man United (a) - win
Watford (a) - lost
Liverpool (h) - lost

Total - 9 points.

People are getting pretty carried away, the caveat is the fact that a large proportion of our team have come back from a lengthy world cup, so it could take time to recover.

Lets not get ourselves too worried, but approach with caution, COYS!

Last edited:
Comparing results by sheer order of fixtures always seems a bit academic to me. We could be playing completely different teams.
It's comparing the equivalent fixture last season which is usually a good sign of improvement against specific opposition. So...

18/19:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (a) - 3pts
Fulham (h) (playoff winners) - 3pts
Man United (a) - 3pts
Watford (a) - 0pts
Liverpool (h) - 0pts

Total this season: 9pts

Last season:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (a) - 3pts
Huddersfield (h) (playoff winners) - 3pts
Man Utd (a) - 0pts
Watford (a) - 1pt
Liverpool (h) - 3pts

Total last season - 10 points

So we reversed last season's Man U result, but Liverpool reversed the game against them. So kinda net effect of +/-0 against rivals for top 4. But in either your example or mine, +/-1pt at this stage of season is likely to prove irrelevant.

...I think it's the Watford result that hurts given we were leading, combined with a gutless last 5 mins against Inter. And the general poor nature of our performances whatever the results have been.

People are getting pretty carried away, the caveat is the fact that a large proportion of our team have come back from a lengthy world cup, so it could take time to recover.

Lets not get ourselves too worried, but approach with caution, COYS!

Same thing happen every season ( and usually by the same fans), we lose a couple of games and its all doom and gloom.

Hold on, is it any different to fans who go on about the club lacking a winning m.e.n.t.a.l.i.t.y.?

Yes, we do still lack a winning mentality, but that does not mean we have to start acting like chicken lickens every time we lose a couple of games. Which happens on here quite often ( and as i say its usually the same fans).

Yes, we do still lack a winning meteorology, but that does not mean we have to start acting like chicken lickens every time we lose a couple of games. Which happens on here quite often ( and as i say its usually the same fans).

What's the difference between moaning if we lose 3 games in a row or have a couple of very poor performances to moaning that we "lack a winning m.e.n.t.a.l.i.t.y" if and when we ever lose a one-off cup game?

Let’s not forget that fine margins make a heck of a difference, too. The BBC is currently waxing lyrical about Liverpool (“Liverpool hammer home their warning to Europe”). Liverpool were a poor penalty decision from (probably) throwing away a two goal lead at Wembley on Saturday and a last ditch tackle (in injury time) from throwing away a two goal lead to go 2-3 down last night. Both those fine margins went their way and now they are world beaters. Apparently. As for us, we were a poor penalty decision away from (probably) overturning a two goal deficit on Saturday and one shot that usually misses away from (probably) winning last night. I think there are things wrong with the squad at the moment, but I also think that things really aren’t that bad. Let’s see what happens when we get a few things going our way at key moments.
I agree with most of what you say. But looking at some of our wins there are some fine margins going our way too. Narrow win vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Lucky to get to half time with a clean sheet vs. United. Stupid penalty handed to us by Murray and Knockaert missing a huge chance vs. Brighton.

Our overall performances have been decent, I think we've gotten about as many points from those performances as can be expected. From what I've seen of Liverpool their performances have been significantly better, they've probably picked up a couple more points than they can expect from that, but they deserve to be ahead of us and being City's main challengers.

A lot of factors have made the start of the season more difficult for us. We've on a reasonable position all things considered. I fully expect us to properly kick into gear at some point. It's just a question of when... sooner would be better.

I agree with most of what you say. But looking at some of our wins there are some fine margins going our way too. Narrow win vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Lucky to get to half time with a clean sheet vs. United. Stupid penalty handed to us by Murray and Knockaert missing a huge chance vs. Brighton.

Our overall performances have been decent, I think we've gotten about as many points from those performances as can be expected. From what I've seen of Liverpool their performances have been significantly better, they've probably picked up a couple more points than they can expect from that, but they deserve to be ahead of us and being City's main challengers.

A lot of factors have made the start of the season more difficult for us. We've on a reasonable position all things considered. I fully expect us to properly kick into gear at some point. It's just a question of when... sooner would be better.
Agreed, Liverpool and City look really good so far this season, in total control and VERY dangerous on the attack. Frustrating how good Liverpool look.

Storm's over. Won a wet, windy one at Brighton. Every little thing gonna be alright.

Close this negative thought generating thread.

Maybe we should start doing something like this at half time?

Ajax went on to win 3-0 and scored in the 46th minute directly after. Must be awesome for the players to hear...

Then again some of our fans would probably rather sing 'It's all over now', 'Kill you' or belt out a rendetion of you're fudging brick.

Pretty amazing to get so many people to sing along to that song. Oh, wait, its Amsterdam, they've probably all been singing along to it for years and years already. :p

Back