• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

iPhone 5 - to be announced today

It's funny how whenever I have this argument in real life (you guys are a lot cleverer than the people I have this out with in real life) they have no idea about the SGS3, they're just led to believe that the iPhone is and always will be the best just because it undeniably was the best 2 years ago.

Yesterday someone was like "the A6 chip is what makes the iPhone better" to which I replied "do you know who makes the A6?", so he said "Yeah, Apple - that's why it's called the A6" so I had to inform him that like everything else Apple design, someone else puts it together who in this case funnily enough is Samsung. The funnier part was when he started saying how it is as good as the Intel i3 and the SGS3 clearly can't compare. It was at this point I just stopped because I was dealing with a complete idiot.

That's why I like having debates on here. If I can beat you guys I can beat anyone. My favourite part about talking technology (especially over things like football) is that I'm just pro-technology so I'm just on whoever's side is the best in my opinion. I used to argue very strongly for the iPhone in the days of the 3G and 3GS, but ever since Samsung stole the throne, I've changed sides.

It's funny how whenever I have this argument in real life (you guys are a lot cleverer than the people I have this out with in real life) they have no idea about the SGS3, they're just led to believe that the iPhone is and always will be the best just because it undeniably was the best 2 years ago.

Yesterday someone was like "the A6 chip is what makes the iPhone better" to which I replied "do you know who makes the A6?", so he said "Yeah, Apple - that's why it's called the A6" so I had to inform him that like everything else Apple design, someone else puts it together who in this case funnily enough is Samsung. The funnier part was when he started saying how it is as good as the Intel i3 and the SGS3 clearly can't compare. It was at this point I just stopped because I was dealing with a complete idiot.

That's why I like having debates on here. If I can beat you guys I can beat anyone. My favourite part about talking technology (especially over things like football) is that I'm just pro-technology so I'm just on whoever's side is the best in my opinion. I used to argue very strongly for the iPhone in the days of the 3G and 3GS, but ever since Samsung stole the throne, I've changed sides.

I think the position that everyone on "team apple" has taken is that we don't give a brick, it's a great phone and it works for us. As many many posters have pointed out, it's not just the hardware and technical specs they care about, it's the whole apple ecosystem that they want to utilize to the fullest potential.

As for me, I don't have any of that brick. I like both platforms, and I do generally find that apple charges a premium, but we all know why they get away with it. At the end of the day, they do offer a great product and pretty damn good support, which can somewhat justify that premium for those that want hassle-free experiences.

I build my own PCs and always do all the research on every component I buy to get a nice system at the best possible price. I'll save the epeening for that ;)

Back to the iPhone, what are the specs of the A6? I know apple uses deceptive descriptions when giving specs about the A6 vs A5, saying that it loads certain apps twice as fast, which to the layman usually translates to "zomg, A6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A5 by infinity!!!1". At 1.3Ghz, the S3 is ahead in that category of raw clock speed. Apple does create the chipset design, but Samsung does manufacture it. Also, I didn't want a tablet as a phone.

On top of that, the iPhone is thin as hell and I find the 5 to be a very nice size. Feels great in my hand and the actual aesthetics are quite nice (not sure how the white colored one is). Again, I'm an iPhone virgin but I've liked what I've used so far.

Do I dislike the fact that apple can have a very closed ecosystem unless you resort to jailbreaking? Yes, of course I'd prefer the freedoms that android offers, but I have to say that everything else about the phone makes up for it.

Not trying to sound defensive; it's more the fact that I think many have explained that it's not really a huge deal of contention about which phone has the bigger dong (I can fret over that when I build my computer), because you are right, based on prior iterations of the phone, people have been hooked and are content to keep purchasing iPhones. However, I feel like you're saying that because one phone has "clearly" superior technical specs, that it's simply better. I will say that I don't understand why you would upgrade from a 4 to a 5, but if you've got the money, why not I suppose.

I think the whole defensive attitude stems from people subconciously (sp?) not wanting to feel like they made the wrong choice or that you are ridiculing them for getting "the wrong one" when reality is that most of us pick the phone that suits us... Although there are some sheep out there like these idiots ;)

[video=youtube;GHwPzVR0a1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHwPzVR0a1w[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHwPzVR0a1w

Hahaha, where do these people come from? Based on this, I'd understand why foreigners hate Americans, but this isn't indicative of even .5% of the population.
Some of those people looked like they should be in school. Some of those people sound like they really need school, especially when I got mine on Friday (albeit, not at 9am or whenever the fudging store opens) from an online pre-order.

Poor decision-making skills...

Back