• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Intervention

So...... if ignore isn't an option, can we ask this person to rein it in?

I know I'm not the only one offended by them

What's with the "this person" and "they", just say what you mean from the off. Or don't because you'll have brought pleasure to the "one" you're referring to by letting "them" know you've been so troubled as to make a passive aggressive whiny little ________ (you get to fill in the blank!) thread about it. "They"'ve already won here bud!

Feel free to throw a hissy fit, declare you're leaving and come back in a while. Or don't

@Gutter Boy where art thou?!?!?!?!

For the old timers, dawaxman isn't the guy who had real problems with a stalker was he? I certainly hope not as that guy I wouldn't have thought'd start this kind of thread, I was really intrigued thinking we were gonna try and keep @Jon or @markysimmo out of the vice den or something of that ilk.

What's with the "this person" and "they", just say what you mean from the off. Or don't because you'll have bought pleasure to the "one" you're referring to by letting "them" know you've been so troubled as to make a passive aggressive whiny little ________ (you get to fill in the blank!) thread about it. "They"'ve already won here bud!

Feel free to throw a hissy fit, declare you're leaving and come back in a while. Or don't

@Gutter Boy I was really intrigued thinking we were gonna try and keep @Jon or @markysimmo out of the vice den or something of that ilk.

Amateurs

Credit to Dawaxman for airing and asserting himself. Can only be healthy, and I'm sure Scara would approve. Bar racism, little seems taboo here, with a natural balance provided by other posters responding to incorrect or offensive posts. The forum has become more or less self-policed by posters. Which this thread perpetuates.

Part of what makes things interesting is disagreement, and you can be forced to learn/research more because of it. No doubt Scara plays up to that and is probably just challenging by nature. But that has some benefits, questioning accepted norms. @dawaxman where is the line between being challenging and offense? Don't be worried to post examples.

Do we all have too much time on our hands? :)

What's with the "this person" and "they", just say what you mean from the off. Or don't because you'll have bought pleasure to the "one" you're referring to by letting "them" know you've been so troubled as to make a passive aggressive whiny little ________ (you get to fill in the blank!) thread about it. "They"'ve already won here bud!

@Gutter Boy where art thou?!?!?!?!

For the old timers, dawaxman isn't the guy who had real problems with a stalker was he? I certainly hope not as that guy I wouldn't have thought'd start this kind of thread, I was really intrigued thinking we were gonna try and keep @Jon or @markysimmo out of the vice den or something of that ilk.

Nice response... could this be because I called you out in the Danny Rose thread for talking out of turn about a good deed? How dare he buy branded pizza.....yawn

Not sure how this is in any way a hissy fit. More trying to see if others are also seeing certain comments as over the line.

I'm referring to scaramanga... thought that much was obvious

And yes, I'm the one who has a wife who was a victim of a stalker and who is now the Victims Commissioner for London. Turned an awful situation into one where she helps hundreds/thousands of victims of crime

Damn.

And I was just thinking you're the man to ask about solar thermal?
If I could see this post I would tell you not to invest in it unless you use copious amounts of hot water. I'm talking 3 teenagers who want to shag everything and shower twice a day volumes of water. Otherwise, the payback is not really there as the setup is too expensive. PV panels would be a better use of your roof space IMO and cheaper. Unfortunately, I never read that question so you missed that advice. Shame.

This is why I called this thread "Intervention"

Many alcoholics refuse to admit that they have a problem...

If you can't see that some of the things that you write are unnecessarily inflammatory, antagonising and just down right rude, then perhaps someone like me needs to point it out and ask for you to politely consider others when making the assertions that you often do about 'other' people
I fully understand what I am, I just disagree with your judgement of my reasoning.

Unpopular opinions tend to offend the easily offended. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be said, merely that those participating in grown up discussions might sometimes need thicker skins.

Rude - guilty as charged. I don't spend time here to convince people to like me, I do so because discussing these topics amuses me.

Nice response... could this be because I called you out in the Danny Rose thread for talking out of turn about a good deed? How dare he buy branded pizza.....yawn

Not sure how this is in any way a hissy fit. More trying to see if others are also seeing certain comments as over the line.

I'm referring to scaramanga... thought that much was obvious

And yes, I'm the one who has a wife who was a victim of a stalker and who is now the Victims Commissioner for London. Turned an awful situation into one where she helps hundreds/thousands of victims of crime

My post here relates to your opening post and how it comes across to me. If you feel the Rose thing is unfinished you'd have to respond to points I'd made and in turn I'd do the same, it's how these things work.

Here however, it's the tone of a jaded spouse in a wilting relationship, "someone" has left the bins out, "someone" forgot the kids at the pub AGAIN!!!

I thought it was obvious that it was obvious that I knew it was Scara, I was trying to emphasize how silly the initial post sounded (to me). This is sincere, I get that I joke around a bit so it might make me look like a macaron sometimes but I mean...Like how stupid do you think I am? Actually don't answer that. A lot of subtext can get lost in translation and like you'll see in the ending paragraph, it's not really fun if I have to spell everything out but it's just what it is.

And right, I hoped it wasn't you as I recall getting on with you as a poster and seeing a lot of sense in what you wrote but yeah, the last two times haven't been positive but you probably feel the same! Just to say I referred to the situation as a means of checking whether you were a new kid of the block who had a similar sounding username. My genuine apologies if it seems crass to have referred to what of course was a very difficult time, and as I'll have said (or if not I should have) it's amazing that something good could come of it.

So back to your post here, if you don't like the landlord of the pub you can either write a letter of complaint to the official landlord's association with some quotes and start a petition and make some T-shirts with an anti landlord slogan for all you care, but you can also find another pub. To be clear as analogies go down like lead balloons here apparently, I am aware that this isn't a pub, however it is an example of a similar situation in which you have an issue with someone running something and you having a problem, which leads to options available of what to do. Now I've clocked who you are I'm not encouraging you to find another pub (continuing with said analogy) by any stretch, it's obvious we haven't clicked in the last two exchanges but I really do hope for better ones to come, for what it's worth.

If I could see this post I would tell you not to invest in it unless you use copious amounts of hot water. I'm talking 3 teenagers who want to shag everything and shower twice a day volumes of water. Otherwise, the payback is not really there as the setup is too expensive. PV panels would be a better use of your roof space IMO and cheaper. Unfortunately, I never read that question so you missed that advice. Shame.

Where are these 3 teenagers and are they female.

Actually never mind, where are these three teenagers?

She was interviewed in the guardian a month or so ago, that right? My missus showed me the article. Obviously must have been a horrendous situation to have been in but amazing credit to her for doing what she’s doing

I fully understand what I am, I just disagree with your judgement of my reasoning.

Unpopular opinions tend to offend the easily offended. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be said, merely that those participating in grown up discussions might sometimes need thicker skins.

Rude - guilty as charged. I don't spend time here to convince people to like me, I do so because discussing these topics amuses me.

Genuine questions:

Have you got worse/ruder recently?

Have you always been a mod/owned this site?

I'm not easily offended, but I have found quite a lot of the things you've said recently totally outrageous and unnecessary

Do you really need to lower the tone of your forum in such a way... I'm not talking about Chich tone-lowering, I'm referring to the narcissistic, racist, classist crap

She was interviewed in the guardian a month or so ago, that right? My missus showed me the article. Obviously must have been a horrendous situation to have been in but amazing credit to her for doing what she’s doing

That's her

Genuine questions:

Have you got worse/ruder recently?

Have you always been a mod/owned this site?

I'm not easily offended, but I have found quite a lot of the things you've said recently totally outrageous and unnecessary

Do you really need to lower the tone of your forum in such a way... I'm not talking about Chich tone-lowering, I'm referring to the narcissistic, racist, classist crap
I don't think I'm any different to normal.

I've run this place for longer than I care to remember - it was run by a guy named MattC for a while before that.

I don't pretend not to be classist - that's kind of the point of the whole system. If being working class was as good as being upper class there'd be nothing to aspire to, would there?

Racist I take exception to. Anyone who's read a decent number of my posts would know that I'm a strong advocate of equal rights regarding gender, sexuality, race etc. I'd imagine if you feel that way then my sarcasm on a recent post didn't quite come across the way I intended.

Last edited:
I don't think I'm any different to normal.

I've run this place for longer than I care to remember - it was run by a guy named MattC for a while before that.

I don't pretend not to be classist - that kind of the point of the whole system. If being working class was as good as being upper class there'd be nothing to aspire to, would there?

Racist I take exception to. Anyone whose read a decent number of my posts would know that I'm a strong advocate of equal rights regarding gender, sexuality, race etc. I'd imagine if you feel that way then my sarcasm on a recent post didn't quite come across the way I intended.

That was the one inflammatory post which I wholeheartedly agreed with. Malaria doesn't make the earth come to a grinding halt because it's 'only African people' dying... so, no I understood that wasn't racism

Anyway, you get my point. Sounds like you're going to carry on like this, it's your pub as spurspinter pointed out.

That was the one inflammatory post which I wholeheartedly agreed with. Malaria doesn't make the earth come to a grinding halt because it's 'only African people' dying... so, no I understood that wasn't racism

Anyway, you get my point. Sounds like you're going to carry on like this, it's your pub as spurspinter pointed out.
In which case I hope you continue to post and point out where you think posts are wrong.

Back