• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Intervention

dawaxman

Anthony Gardner
I love this forum and have been mainly a reader, sometimes posting/contributing for many, many years...

BUT over the last few months I've been looking at other Spurs forums because I've become increasingly frustrated by the views/opinions that one poster in particular adds to every single thread. I'm pretty sure all regular readers will know who I'm referring to and I'm certain that I am not the only who feels this way

Is it worth having an online intervention to ask this poster to tone it down a touch or can anyone tell me where all of the other regulars who have left over the past couple of years have gone to?

I love Spurs, as we all do, but I can't bear the intolerance that this poster shows constantly.

Happy to be ignored and I'll limp off to COYS or something but I'd much rather stay here

I love this forum and have been mainly a reader, sometimes posting/contributing for many, many years...

BUT over the last few months I've been looking at other Spurs forums because I've become increasingly frustrated by the views/opinions that one poster in particular adds to every single thread. I'm pretty sure all regular readers will know who I'm referring to and I'm certain that I am not the only who feels this way

Is it worth having an online intervention to ask this poster to tone it down a touch or can anyone tell me where all of the other regulars who have left over the past couple of years have gone to?

I love Spurs, as we all do, but I can't bear the intolerance that this poster shows constantly.

Happy to be ignored and I'll limp off to COYS or something but I'd much rather stay here

If its me im sorry i guess sometimes im a bit much.

Hope you and your wife are doing well.

If there is one particular poster that annoy you, why don't you just mute him/her?
To do that, just click on the avatar or nick and click "ignore".
Problem sorted.

If there is one particular poster that annoy you, why don't you just mute him/her?
To do that, just click on the avatar or nick and click "ignore".
Problem sorted.

Good point, but wouldn't it be nicer to not have to do that? Their posts can be really interesting, it's just the last few months it almost feels like they are trying to goad/trigger people on purpose

If they just took a minute before posting their bile we'd all be able to have much more sensible discussions etc.

Good point, but wouldn't it be nicer to not have to do that? Their posts can be really interesting, it's just the last few months it almost feels like they are trying to goad/trigger people on purpose

If they just took a minute before posting their bile we'd all be able to have much more sensible discussions etc.
You can still see the posts, if you want. In every thread where people you have ignored have posted, there is a "show ignored content" button.
Regarding the behaviour of people here, you can't teach an old dog and all that.

Without revealing who this is....ignore isn't an option on their profile.......

That is Xenforo’s fault, to be fair, they refuse to create an option for ignoring that class of user, so even if the individual who upsets you wanted to offer the option, it couldn’t be implemented.

So...... if ignore isn't an option, can we ask this person to rein it in?

I know I'm not the only one offended by them

That would be against the very point of this website.

This isn't Twitter or Instagram, this is a discussion forum designed for long form discussion. I won't go as far as to say all viewpoints are welcome, but all viewpoints are free to be aired. The onus is on any of us who disagree/take offence to make the counter point to those opinions.

Last edited:

Ignore is always an option, you don't need tech to help you out.

I do it all the time in real life even when the person is in front of me talking, it should be even easier on a forum as visually you don't have to hint you might be listening.

Just too add, i am a bit disappointed, when I saw the thread title, i thought you had an intervention that would save us and the world from virus Armageddon.

And all you wanted to do was ignore someone:rolleyes:...

:D

That would be against the very point of this website.

This isn't Twitter or Instagram, this is a discussion forum designed for long form discussion. I won't go as far as to say all viewpoints are welcome, but all viewpoints are free to be aired. The onus is on any of us who disagree/take offence to make the counter point to those opinions.

Got it... so you'll continue to write inflammatory nonsense will you?

Ignore is always an option, you don't need tech to help you out.

I do it all the time in real life even when the person is in front of me talking, it should be even easier on a forum as visually you don't have to hint you might be listening.
I've ignored so many people on this forum it reads like a blog of my own posts. I've just ignored you too, right now.

Inflammatory is in the eye of the reader.

This is why I called this thread "Intervention"

Many alcoholics refuse to admit that they have a problem...

If you can't see that some of the things that you write are unnecessarily inflammatory, antagonising and just down right rude, then perhaps someone like me needs to point it out and ask for you to politely consider others when making the assertions that you often do about 'other' people

Back