• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

International Break

AjaxDeSuperYids

Drama queen
After the reckless actions of the South Korean manager playing Son for 83 mins, we now have the Belgian regime incredibly playing Dembele for 85 mins and Vertonghen for the whole game.

This is shocking behaviour following the World Cup, hardly any rest afterwards, no pre season and straight into numerous club games.

These total bafoons should know better and taken this opportunity to rest these players, which in the medium to longer term would not only be beneficial to the clubs but also the national side.

I expect this nonesense to continue when more of these national games take place for these same sides in a few days.

Is it any wonder that we refused to let Wanyama join up with his nation following the comments from numerous people at the Kenyan football regime!?

Fifa do not recognise the Asian cup and I feel a fair response from the club would be to refuse to release Son for this cup in January, should these malign actions continue and he is used in the next meaningless friendly SK have in a few days.

Surely it's time clubs are paid massive money from the national associations to use their players? Look at the World Cup in Qatar coming up when all the brick teams' players get a nice rest in November and December whilst our players are killing themselves.

I propose some measure is used to determine a players standing and then the national team pay more for the better players i.e. £3m a game for someone like Kane and £250k for someone at the other end of the scale.

Why can’t we just get rid of non tournament internationals, use club team performance in continental competition to determine qualification for Euro’s, WC etc

Why can’t we just get rid of non tournament internationals, use club team performance in continental competition to determine qualification for Euro’s, WC etc

Move all the internationals to the summer and shorten the season (for example September to early May, then internationals in June. Have mini tournaments in odd years to determine qualification. Everyone would get a proper holiday before club football starts again. So much time is wasted on travelling back and forth during each break.

Got to ask the players too. They might resent the club if they wanted to go.
After the reckless actions of the South Korean manager playing Son for 83 mins, we now have the Belgian regime incredibly playing Dembele for 85 mins and Vertonghen for the whole game.

This is shocking behaviour following the World Cup, hardly any rest afterwards, no pre season and straight into numerous club games.

These total bafoons should know better and taken this opportunity to rest these players, which in the medium to longer term would not only be beneficial to the clubs but also the national side.

I expect this nonesense to continue when more of these national games take place for these same sides in a few days.

Is it any wonder that we refused to let Wanyama join up with his nation following the comments from numerous people at the Kenyan football regime!?

Fifa do not recognise the Asian cup and I feel a fair response from the club would be to refuse to release Son for this cup in January, should these malign actions continue and he is used in the next meaningless friendly SK have in a few days.

Surely it's time clubs are paid massive money from the national associations to use their players? Look at the World Cup in Qatar coming up when all the brick teams' players get a nice rest in November and December whilst our players are killing themselves.

I propose some measure is used to determine a players standing and then the national team pay more for the better players i.e. £3m a game for someone like Kane and £250k for someone at the other end of the scale.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Hard to see why you've got that avatar...

Welcome news leaking out that Harry Kane will be rested tonight, however Son has once again been started by SK.

An hour has gone in that game and he is still on the pitch.

I would like to take this opportunity to condemn the behaviour of the manager of South Korea.

Belgium play tonight, so will be interesting to see how Jan and Dembele are used after the combined 175 minutes they played a few days ago.

Despite making no less than SIX subs in the game, the South Korean manager kept Son on the pitch for 90 mins!

I have already condemned the SK managers very bad behaviour and have called for sanctions in the Son thread.

Whilst dembele is on the bench, Jan starts tonight and will probably play 90 mins, such is the total disregard that most national managers treat players these days.

I'm very worried about Jan, he is 32 I believe and is going to be constantly used by us and also now by the national manager in nothing games.

Will one rest in the next few months (in the league cup) really be adequate for this guy?

Either his performances will dip or worse still, he will suffer a bad injury.

Maybe sanctions for Belgium too are required?

Rose just said that pre-season has been hard work, he was very pleased to get 50 minutes on Friday even though it was bad circumstances (Luke Shaw head injury) and great to get 79 minutes tonight, it all helps him build his fitness.

Similarly other bit-part players like Welbeck, Loftus Cheek etc.

But Kane did not need that half hour chasing about and not touching the ball, give him a break.

Despite making no less than SIX subs in the game, the South Korean manager kept Son on the pitch for 90 mins!

I have already condemned the SK managers very bad behaviour and have called for sanctions in the Son thread.

Whilst dembele is on the bench, Jan starts tonight and will probably play 90 mins, such is the total disregard that most national managers treat players these days.

I'm very worried about Jan, he is 32 I believe and is going to be constantly used by us and also now by the national manager in nothing games.

Will one rest in the next few months (in the league cup) really be adequate for this guy?

Either his performances will dip or worse still, he will suffer a bad injury.

Maybe sanctions for Belgium too are required?

You're not the United Nations. What sort of sanctions are you proposing to impose on these rogue States?

So following last season, the World Cup, a limited break, no pre season, start of new season, Asian games and international break, we now know we have a massive issue on our hands regarding Jan, Son and Kane.

Although the preferred method for some, sticking our fingers in our ears will not solve this problem.

These players will break down and suffer serious injury if we don't take action.

We have been let down badly by the national managers for these three players, so have little choice but to take action ourselves.

Son should not play for around 3 weeks and when he is back he will have to play up front, to allow Kane to also have 3 weeks off.

Jan also needs 3 weeks off, so although not ideal Toby and Sanchez will now need to be our pairing.

So following last season, the World Cup, a limited break, no pre season, start of new season, Asian games and international break, we now know we have a massive issue on our hands regarding Jan, Son and Kane.

Although the preferred method for some, sticking our fingers in our ears will not solve this problem.

These players will break down and suffer serious injury if we don't take action.

We have been let down badly by the national managers for these three players, so have little choice but to take action ourselves.

Son should not play for around 3 weeks and when he is back he will have to play up front, to allow Kane to also have 3 weeks off.

Jan also needs 3 weeks off, so although not ideal Toby and Sanchez will now need to be our pairing.

If we find ourselves having to play shattered players because we dont trust the alternatives thats down to the clubs transfer policy.

Spurs having Llorente as a back up striker is not Southgates issue in the same way that England having a limited pool of players is not Mopos.

Qualifiers are fine (but the groups need to be unseeded). It's the friendlies and nations league gonad*s that are ridiculous

If we find ourselves having to play shattered players because we dont trust the alternatives thats down to the clubs transfer policy.

Spurs having Llorente as a back up striker is not Southgates issue in the same way that England having a limited pool of players is not Mopos.

7 games in 22 days including Liverpool, Inter Milan and Barcelona.

Lloris injured
Dele injured
Son recovering?
Harry in need of a rest?

I think the whole squad will be tested over this next period - just in time for the next international break.

Back