• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Inside Shirt Sponsors - Stupidity or are we missing a trick?

stinkfoot

Eidur Gudjohnsen
I refer to this;

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kits/181369/intel-agree-15m-sponsorship-deal-to-slap-their-logo-on-the-inside-of-barcelonas-shirt.html

[video=youtube;FffiYzthiTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FffiYzthiTs[/video]

Intel Agree £15m Sponsorship Deal To Slap Their Logo On The INSIDE Of Barcelona’s Shirt

Global computer processor giants Intel Corp have announced today that they have struck an ‘innovative’ five-year sponsorship deal with Barcelona that will see the firm pay £15million ($25million) to have their logo displayed on the inside of the Catalan club’s jersey.

As you’ve probably already guessed, the concept is a) to get around Barca’s precedent of not allowing non-charitable organisations to slap their logo on their sacred blaugrana shirt, and b) to have the Intel logo displayed every time a player yanks his shirt up to celebrate a goal.

Meh. Burger King did it better…

burger-king-getafe.png

Getafe, in case you were wondering.

Is this ridiculous or a great way to increase the shirt sponsorship income?

I can fully imagine that the 'inside' sponsor would start making demands about a quota of players having to do the 'shirt over the head' celebration after scoring.

Intel have too much money.

to get around Barca’s precedent of not allowing non-charitable organisations to slap their logo on their sacred blaugrana shirt
Is Qatar Airways a charitable organisation then?

Its obviously for feck all a year or else we'd be boasting about how much we're getting in the article.

Yep. What the **** is AIA anyway? Never heard of the company apart from their logo spoiling a perfectly fine shirt. What do they do?

According to the Mail it's £16m a year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...16m-year-shirt-sponsorship-deal-AIA-2019.html

Over all the deal makes sense, get it done early with for once instead of leaving until the very last minute and delaying the release of the club shirt by weeks if not months as we have done for the past four years.

Now this is done the club can concentrate on important matters such supporting the staff and players in anyway possible in their efforts to get CL football, keeping our best players by giving them new deals and of course the new stadium, what will be done if the CPO is given or not and if it is concentrate on the tender, funding, naming rights deal etc etc.

16m sounds pretty good when you compare it to that table up there. We are only less than the established top 4 basically and Emirates Marketing Project's fake sponsorship.

Shame it means we are bound with Red on our shirt again for 5 years. Out of all the sponsors we can get we seem to like finding ones that are red. Now i know some are going to say "who cares about the color" And yes i do hate it a bit because its the scum colour but mostly i hate it because it does not go with our colours of Navy and white. It just really stands out. I knew Hp would not stay on, they only took on the Autonomy sponsorship so it seems they were never going to extend.

Maybe the away kit next year will be Navy with White lettering. Ill get that.

Back