• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries Thread

Someone posted something from a source in the Sherwood thread that said of the seven players bought in the Summer Sherwood wants to ditch them all except Eriksen. I think we could all have assumed that Capoue was on his bad list but to think he doesn't see any of them as up to scratch is crazy.

Getting rid of any of Lamela, Soldado, Chiriches or Paulinho after one year, would be a short sighted disaster of epic proportions, IMO.

I think Eriksen and Vlad have been good. Soldado and Paulinho have shown in glimpses that they have the ability, but have underachieved. Lamela I've simply not seen enough of.

Chadli and Capoue I think are decent players, but those two are the only ones I wouldn't be too fussed about losing.

According to http://www.physioroom.com/research/index.php last season was the first time since 2008-09 that Spurs' squad lost less than a thousand days to injury. I expect that this season we'll end up back into 4 figures again, if we're not already...

That's 6691 days in six seasons for us. In comparison:

Chelski: 4428
City: 5270 (only 186 days the year they won the title)
Wigan: 3323 (had very few injuries, until last year, when they were relegated)

But still - ****'s total for these seasons is 8672... :) 8-[

Time to get the Wigan physios in.

Tough bunch those rugby players.

Let's hope so, if we hit four figures they'll put the 's' back on the end of our name :)

Haha, well spotted!

That's 6691 days in six seasons for us. In comparison:

Chelski: 4428
City: 5270 (only 186 days the year they won the title)
Wigan: 3323 (had very few injuries, until last year, when they were relegated)

But still - ****'s total for these seasons is 8672... :) 8-[

Here's the previous 3 seasons figures bringing us up to a grand total of 10,609 days lost to injury from 2004 to 2013.

ARSEnal lost 12,395 whilst Chavski had only 6,670 injury days... perhaps we need to poach Dr Eva Carneiro from them :-k

the current injury list is enough to fire Sherwood and his cronies ...........unbelievable

Jack Wheelchair has handed Arsenal and England a major boost with news his foot injury isn't as bad as first feared.
New checks by Arsenal’s medical staff on the hairline fracture suffered by the midfielder on international duty have revealed he could return by mid-April.
Arsene Wenger initially ruled Wheelchair out for eight weeks after he sustained a hairline fracture on the navicular bone of his left foot in a challenge with Daniel Agger during England’s 1-0 friendly win over Denmark on March 5.

I said it earlier in this thread (or could have been another), that we would see him in an Arsenal shirt before we see Lamela or Chiriches in one of ours
Time and time again, other clubs long term injuries return earlier than expected, and more often than that our injuries take double the time. It really f#cks me off. ](*,)
I mean what actually are Lamela's and Chiriches' injuries. We must have the worst physio team in the league,and the thing is, its not a new problem, it feels like this has been happening for a decade

edit: Dawson might be the one exception to this, but we will see how soon he comes back

Either we keep on signing extremely injury prone players, or we are extremely bad at nurturing injured players back to fitness. Either way, the blame can only be pointed at our medical staff.

It really is my favourite buttplug - we always, ALWAYS, have players out with niggles that turns into weeks and months and in some cases (Kaboul) even years. Does anyone know what sort of injury he actually has? And Chiriches, Lamela, what happened to them? They just disappeared! Other club's players are carried off with injuries during games, in bloody agony, yet we very rarely see that - and when we do (Sandro) it's always very serious. Instead, our players play games, seemingly without any problems, then disappears from the radar for ages.

****ing frustrating!

Am I right in thinking that both Vlad and Lamela are back in contention either for the Liverpool game or the game after?

I would be tempted to give both of them regular starting spots for the rest of the season after the Liverpool game to try to get them as ready for next season as possible (depending slightly on the result in that and other games).

Am I right in thinking that both Vlad and Lamela are back in contention either for the Liverpool game or the game after?

I would be tempted to give both of them regular starting spots for the rest of the season after the Liverpool game to try to get them as ready for next season as possible (depending slightly on the result in that and other games).

You and I would be tempted, but why would Tim?

He has the rest of the season to 'manage for his job', he should just stick the strongest team he can out these and hope for the best. It'll take Lamela a long time to get match fit, he's been out for ages. Vlad is likely to be involved though.

I agree.

Chiriches, Lamela and Eriksen should all be regular starters in preparation for the new season. I would also give Townsend a lot of game time to get him back to his early season form......Benteleb too. These 5 are the bright future of this club that need game time on a consistent basis.

I agree.

Chiriches, Lamela and Eriksen should all be regular starters in preparation for the new season. I would also give Townsend a lot of game time to get him back to his early season form......Benteleb too. These 5 are the bright future of this club that need game time on a consistent basis.

You'd have to think that Sherwood will see next season as a very low priority right now. Sherwood needed to do something pretty amazing to keep the job longer than this season, and bar a miraculous CL qualification I think he's blown the interview, so to speak. To have any chance of making the CL he probably has to win every game, and so bedding in players for next season will not factor in his thinking.

I don't know where people have got this "start Lamela from now until the end of the season" idea from, seems a bit mental to me. After spending so long injured it will take him a while to get back in to the swing of things, he's not going to be in the same level of fitness as who he's playing with or against so considering how when he was playing earlier after a full pre season he looked weak and was easily knocked off the ball it doesn't seem like a great idea to me, in fact it seems ****ing ludicrous.

I want Lamela to succeed as much as everyone here but the getting better with every game syndrome seems to be taking effect when most of our scouting reports apart from his relatively poor showings for us come from that ever so flashy Roma youtube vid.

Get him playing reserve football as soon as he is ready to and take it from there. However unlikely it is we still have a chance for the now seemingly covered with glory holy grail of football that is finishing fourth best in a league based competition. I don't think Tim will consider playing an nervous unfit kid as the best way of doing that. Giving the guy a chance to work his way back in to the team by training well, performing well when selected and maintaining consistency is what Tim will do as this is what (hopefully) he does for all of our players, like **** is he going to think "We spunked how much on him?!?! Best start him from here on in for the good of his Tottenham career."

It seems like a good time for him to step up as both Lennon and Townsend haven't exactly made the spot their own but if he doesn't make the impact we desperately want him to this season I think it's fair to put a lot of that down to injury problems and needing time to settle in. The pre season will be just around the corner and will provide him with a great opportunity to show us what he can do.

@AddictedtoSpurs: The percentage of the season missed so far through injury for Tottenham players via http://injuryleague.com #THFC pic.twitter.com/89BpCdhSvq
Blg93PLIUAA6P0_.jpg:small

@AddictedtoSpurs: The percentage of the season missed so far through injury for Tottenham players via http://injuryleague.com #THFC pic.twitter.com/89BpCdhSvq
Blg93PLIUAA6P0_.jpg:small

It really is frightening.

Townsend looks like being out for months, luckily it only might mean 2 matches and possibly pre-season, but its just frustrating when you now hear how quick other clubs players return.

Take Cech for instance (dislocated shoulder) feared season over, could be back tonight.
Terry originally thought to be out for the rest of the season, could be back weekend
Yaya Toure, see above, back v Palace

Yet, Tottenham, broken finger nail...4/6 weeeks
I mean those stats above Lamela, Capoue,Rose and Kaboul all missing over 40% of the season, and several more 30% and over.
Are we over-training? Or it is really incompetent physios? Surely we cant keep buying players who turn to glass once they put a white shirt on

Back