• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries Thread

I think Dembele was precaution, Sandro back in 2/3 weeks, vertonghen 1 month, Townsend most probably a month or so and i'm not sure about Lennon and Naughton.

Tim on team news: "Jermain, Lewis and Andros are all back in training, which is good news. I spoke to Ade after United and he said he cramped up in all areas, but thankfully it has settled down and he's ready to perform. Sandro and Younes will hopefully be back in training next week."

Erik (thigh), Kyle Naughton (ankle, hamstring), Paulinho (ankle), Gylfi (calf) and Jan (ankle) are all out.

Tim on team news: "Jermain, Lewis and Andros are all back in training, which is good news. I spoke to Ade after United and he said he cramped up in all areas, but thankfully it has settled down and he's ready to perform. Sandro and Younes will hopefully be back in training next week."

Erik (thigh), Kyle Naughton (ankle, hamstring), Paulinho (ankle), Gylfi (calf) and Jan (ankle) are all out.

Lamela out? Dam.

So Townsend, Holtby and Defoe returned to training on Friday plus Sandro and Kaboul are back next week... at least we should have a stronger bench for the Palace game then.

Fingers crossed that Vertonghen, Paulinho, Lamela, Sigurdsson and Naughton aren't out of action for much longer... oh and I read that Soldado picked up an injury yesterday, hopefully no more serious than Adebayor' at Old Trafford.

@HotspurRelated: Andros Townsend, Lewis Holtby and Jermain Defoe all returned to first team training today. #THFC
BdD5e8pIMAA2G0e.jpg

@SpursOfficial: In training today: Jordan Archer is primed to make a save as Jermain Defoe gets a shot away
BdEQ5PrCIAASpix.jpg

So Townsend, Holtby and Defoe returned to training on Friday plus Sandro and Kaboul are back next week... at least we should have a stronger bench for the Palace game then.

Fingers crossed that Vertonghen, Paulinho, Lamela, Sigurdsson and Naughton aren't out of action for much longer... oh and I read that Soldado picked up an injury yesterday, hopefully no more serious than Adebayor' at Old Trafford.

@HotspurRelated: Andros Townsend, Lewis Holtby and Jermain Defoe all returned to first team training today. #THFC
BdD5e8pIMAA2G0e.jpg

@SpursOfficial: In training today: Jordan Archer is primed to make a save as Jermain Defoe gets a shot away
BdEQ5PrCIAASpix.jpg

With a bit of luck, Sandro and Vertonghen can be back and have had some game time in advance of the Emirates Marketing Project game on Jan 29th

With a bit of luck, Sandro and Vertonghen can be back and have had some game time in advance of the Emirates Marketing Project game on Jan 29th

I read that Jan returned to some light training on the 1st but no photos of him with the other lads as yet, fingers crossed that Dawson and Chiriches can avoid injury until Vertonghen and Kaboul are back to full fitness.

What with Sandro' remarkable powers of recovery I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved against Palace.

Had a look on physio room we are top of the league with 11 injuries at present......woo hoo

other lot are in second with 9.

Really missing Jan & Sandro now....just want to see them in the shirt again...

And Paulie.....wows us for the first time then gets crocked by Fat Charlie.......

Hope we get some positive news this week..

Amazing that no matter how big a squad you have, injuries are still so crippling to chances. By and large, we have two players per position, and we're still struggling. Hopefully the injury gods take pity on us sooner than later.

Tim Sherwood claims they are building Lamela up whilst Defoe and Townsend could return next week

Amazing that no matter how big a squad you have, injuries are still so crippling to chances. By and large, we have two players per position, and we're still struggling. Hopefully the injury gods take pity on us sooner than later.

At some point in a season, particularly when we're involved in Europe, an injury situation like the one we're in right now should be expected. Trusting in the injury gods does you no good.

I think we're dealing with it quite well.

Tim Sherwood claims they are building Lamela up whilst Defoe and Townsend could return next week

What does it mean to be "building Lamela up" exactly?

No idea. I'd like to think it means getting him in the gym and adding a bit of strength to him. But I think it means slowly build him back into the team

I would love to see Lamela strengthen up a bit over the rest of the season.. It benefited Bale (although he was already an exceptional athlete) but Lamela seems to have all the tools to take on players but still get muscled off the ball.. In a weird way it reminds me of watching Andy Reid skinning someone but lacking the pace to get away lol.

Either way I hope he comes back soon and gets some more game time.

Back