• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries Thread

the dza

Christian Ziege
I couldn't see a thread for this, apologies if one exists.

Our centre-half situation got me wondering about the status of Dawson and Kaboul. I understand that Vertonghen will miss the first couple of games.

So maybe those of you who are better informed can put the info here (along with any other injury info for our players)?

How long is Dawson out for?

Bale is in the Wales squad so I'm guessing he isn't that bad.

I know physioroom.com will feature on this thread but I genuinely believe that those who follow our players on twitter are in a better position to advise on players likeliness to feature.

Kaboul was in training on Tuesday, there's a thread about him further down with a pic.

No idea about Dawson and AVB said they are trying to get Vertonghen fit for the start of the season.

Kaboul worries the hell out of me. The fact that he is still apparently not fully fit after an initial prognosis of 4 months out (last September!!) is a really bad sign. I still haven't read anywhere what he *actually* did to himself to merit this long on the sidelines?

re Kaboul, if he's been training for a whle then I think he's a strong bet for Palace, maybe even a cameo v Espanol to test the injury

One thing that I noticed about AVB last season was that he's very reluctant to rush players back from injury - similarly he doesnt rush new signings or kids in

I think we are taking too much risk on Kaboul. We should not rely on him too much. We should just buy a replacement for him and keep him as a squad player. He is too injury-prone to be a regular.

Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen is hopeful he will be fit in time for the start of the Barclays Premier League season.

Vertonghen suffered an ankle injury during the 3-1 defeat by Sunderland at the Asia Trophy last month.

Boss Andre Villas-Boas has all but ruled the Belgian out of the opening match of the season, at Crystal Palace on August 18, but Vertonghen says he is feeling better and hopeful of being available.

"It was two weeks ago that I was injured in Hong Kong and I'm making a lot of progress," Vertonghen said.

"I'm starting to run, but the next game is in 10 days' time so it is going to be quite close. You never know what can happen and I will always aim for the best and hope next week I'll be very close."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...en-hoping-to-play-crystal-palace-on-august-18

https://twitter.com/physioroom

#AVB expects #Kaboul & #Dembele to be available for Sun #Rose will need a scan, although his ankle injury is not thought to b serious #Spurs
“Dembele should be okay. He felt a lot of pain when he was brought down, but now he’s steady"
“Younes felt muscle tightness in his adductor and we decided to take him off. He was struggling but he didn’t rupture anything"
“We have to be a little bit more careful with Rose. We hope it’s not serious.We have to give him one night to see the reaction"

Bloody typical that of the three, the one that might be serious is the position we have least cover for. Vertonghen is wasted at left back. It's not Naughton's best side, and I'm not sure Fryers is ready to make the step up to premiership starter just yet.

EDIT: Just to make clear; I'm not saying Vertonghen is bad in that position, but he's one of the best centre backs in the league and only an average full back. So his talents are being wasted if he plays on the left.

Bloody typical that of the three, the one that might be serious is the position we have least cover for. Vertonghen is wasted at left back. It's not Naughton's best side, and I'm not sure Fryers is ready to make the step up to premiership starter just yet.

EDIT: Just to make clear; I'm not saying Vertonghen is bad in that position, but he's one of the best centre backs in the league and only an average full back. So his talents are being wasted if he plays on the left.

Yeah, unfortunate if he's out. Although it might not be the worst time for it.

I haven't seen Cardiff apart from highlights so far, but they're a fairly direct and physical side, no? Vertonghen at left back, Kaboul (if fit) and Daws in the centre and Sandro alongside either Paulinho or Dembele in the middle would make us quite tall and strong both for open play direct hoofs and for set pieces. AVB went with Vertonghen at left back against Stoke last season iirc, probably to get more height into the team. I think it work out quite well.

Although if Kaboul isn't ready to start again so soon after this one then it would mean Vlad at centre back and the physical side of the game is reportedly one of his weaker sides so it would be a tough place to give him his debut.

Glad Rose had ankle problems, to be honest - looked like a proper hamstring stretch, which could be devastating for a quick lad like him. It's the kind of trouble that's kept Lennon out for so many games. Also happy to hear Kaboul and Dembele's knocks weren't serious. Good news!

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

Asked AVB about Kaboul after the match. Told me: "At the moment it doesn't look very serious but it will force him to stop for a week or so"

Danny Rose unlikely to be fit for #Spurs v #WHUFC. Rated 50-50, but likely to come back after international break.

AVB confirmed Aaron Lennon resumed training on Mon & will return for #Spurs after the international break. Same likely for Adebayor & Capoue

Almost lost view over all the injuries at Spurs atm

Vertonghen
Naughton
Kaboul
Sandro
Dembele
Townsend
Lennon

Am I missing someone? Anyone has any timescale on the injuries?

Back