• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

What in the world has this got anything to do with EU?

It's illegal under EU freedom of movement laws to discriminate anything employment related on nationality. That's why we have a (pathetic) home trained quota, rather than an English player quota

It's illegal under EU freedom of movement laws to discriminate anything employment related on nationality. That's why we have a (pathetic) home trained quota, rather than an English player quota

So you now think the FA will change the rules because of Brexit. :D
I won't hold my breath!

And Wiltshire, Delph and Livermore

This years Wheelchair as much as chafes will probably be getting a start or two.
Anybody thinking Winks is better than this fit JW is a little delusional.
I cant abide him, but I feel a little realism is in order here or we risk turning into a RAWK clone.

This years Wheelchair as much as chafes will probably be getting a start or two.
I cant abide him, but I feel a little realism is in order here or we risk turning into a RAWK clone.

I actually think Southgate wont take him (providing Winks recovers in time). Like Poch, Southgate is keen on teambuilding, and he knows the likely consequences of having such a bad apple in the camp

A fit Wiltshire was still completely overshadowed by Lewis Cook all last season.

While I appreciate where youre coming from, I honestly - genuinely - do not rate Wheelchair as anything other than average.

He has ability, Im not saying he is brick, but my GHod he is the most over rated player since Gerrard.

Compared to Winks? Honestly Im not sure which way Id go. I think Winks will be a better player in time, arguably is now, but is obviously lacking experience. Wheelchair has that over him. Also if he played it means Winks would get the summer off which Id like.

Wheelchair's problem other than his mouth is fitness.
He has been fit for the first time in many years in the last three months.
Todays Wheelchair is for me vying with with an un-match fit Lallana for a starting birth.
Wheelchair when fit and that is so very rare, is a cut above any other English midfielder other than Dele.
I must stress when fit.
Winks has potential but in most areas is behind Wheelchair but is four years younger.
I would like to have given Shelvey a go in these friendlies, when his brain is switched on, which is not often like Wheelchair, he is one of the best passers of a ball in the country.

Todays Wheelchair is for me vying with with an un-match fit Lallana for a starting birth.
Wheelchair when fit and that is so very rare, is a cut above any other English midfielder other than Dele.
I must stress when fit.
Winks has potential but in most areas is behind Wheelchair but is four years younger.
I would like to have given Shelvey a go in these friendlies, when his brain is switched on, which is not often like Wheelchair, he is one of the best passers of a ball in the country.
Mate Wheelchair really isn’t !! Roy Keane was 100% right about him. He’s an “ok” player when fit, but the trouble is everyone goes so over the top about him like you have here.

As for Shelvey, I’ve said it many times before, but he’s just today’s Joey Barton, average player with an occasional highlight and then the excuse is always “he’d be great if he sorted his head out” reality, for me, is he’s just not good enough.

I must stress when fit.
I agree that Wheelchair and Lallana are of a similar quality. Where I disagree is that I think that level is brick - certainly not enough for a national side of any merit.

Mate Wheelchair really isn’t !! Roy Keane was 400% right about him. He’s an “ok” player when fit, but the trouble is everyone goes so over the top about him like you have here.

As for Shelvey, I’ve said it many times before, but he’s just today’s Joey Barton, average player with an occasional highlight and then the excuse is always “he’d be great if he sorted his head out” reality, for me, is he’s just not good enough.

I would agree but I can't. I think our pool of 'current' experienced midfield players is so poor that the likes of Wheelchair, Shelvey and Lallana are it. We hopfully will see some better talent at the next world cup but as for now the cupboard is bare.
Please do not quote Keane in any augment the man is a thug and imbecile.

I agree that Wheelchair and Lallana are of a similar quality. Where I disagree is that I think that level is brick - certainly not enough for a national side of any merit.
I would agree but I can't. I think our pool of 'current' experienced midfield players is so poor that the likes of Wheelchair, Shelvey and Lallana are it. We hopfully will see some better talent at the next world cup but as for now the cupboard is bare.

I think we agree :D

He’s also correct in this case.

I imagine he’s looked at Wheelchair and heard him praised up like he’s the second coming of Scholes and he’s just had enough of it.

There in is the problem, no one in the premiership will pick a young English player in that vital creative role when they can have an average foriegn player, would Eriksen been given a chance over here? There were enough on this site who didnt think he bought enough to the team, even though he had a few years experience in international and european football.

He’s also correct in this case.

I imagine he’s looked at Wheelchair and heard him praised up like he’s the second coming of Scholes and he’s just had enough of it.

I'm not a big fan of Wheelchair. But hearing the same old claptrap from partisan supporters about any player is subjective.

I think Southgate will trust his old U21s (i.e. Winks). Like he's doing at CB with Gomes, Stones and Maguire, instead of Cahill, Smalling and Jones.

Back