• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Oh I don't disagree at all
Great that we played the right formation last night but the lack of pace, energy and overall quality showed

We missed more than a wanyama.., not one centre back was good enough (Phil jones was the best which says a lot). The midfield was awful and Kane was so isolated

The fa need to pay is to play the likes of Onomah so that we have some midfielders to come ghrough

Onomah is OK but I'm not convinced he is or will be any better than what was out there.

The England team is a collection of reasonably talented individuals. The French team is full of world class footballing athletes. Its not rocket science.
How many of our players would get in the French side?
One maybe two. But we are/were a long way behind the likes of France.
Thus I think idiots continually digging out the England team is uncalled for and quite ridiculous. It like would be like fans slagging off WBA losing to a Real Madrid.

Onomah is OK but I'm not convinced he is or will be any better than what was out there.

The England team is a collection of reasonably talented individuals. The French team is full of world class footballing athletes. Its not rocket science.
How many of our players would get in the French side?
One maybe two. But we are/were a long way behind the likes of France.
Thus I think idiots continually digging out the England team is uncalled for and quite ridiculous. It like would be like fans slagging off WBA losing to a Real Madrid.

I agree we're a long way behind

We lack any players of the top quality

Players like Kane and Alli have that something but we (as a nation not me personally) our players like stones on a pedal stool because he has some vision.... but forget he has not positional awareness and actually cant defend very well. We wanna build them up to knock them down almost

Players like Kane and Alli have that something but we (as a nation not me personally) our players like stones on a pedal stool because he has some vision.... but forget he has not positional awareness and actually cant defend very well. We wanna build them up to knock them down almost

The media and fans have been doing that for decades with English players.

It's not that bad. What England lack, is high quality CB's and a really good CM. Ox as CM is just laughable. Dier is OK, but he needs to be paired with a good creative CM, which England does not have atm. Otherwise the team is not bad when at full strength. A lot could be achieved if only Sterling could learn how to pass a ball.

It's not that bad. What England lack, is high quality CB's and a really good CM. Ox as CM is just laughable. Dier is OK, but he needs to be paired with a good creative CM, which England does not have atm. Otherwise the team is not bad when at full strength. A lot could be achieved if only Sterling could learn how to pass a ball.

We have one player through the spine who is of top international quality in Kane

None of our other players would play for a top 10 international side

--------------Butland
Walker---crap----crap----Rose
--------Dier--------Winks
---crap------Alli-----crap
------------Kane

is a start.

But we really need English Alder, Verts, Eriksen (better than Lallana) and Sons (better than Stirling or Sturridge). Winks over an English Dembele/Wanyama is perhaps a bit premature too

I thought that Southgate missed the chance to press home the advantage by sitting in the 343 after the red card. When that happened, he needed to drop one of the CB's and get Lallana on.

With regards to Alli looking poor at international level here's my thought's; He is a clever player who thrives off of the intelligent movement of his team mates. At Spurs, Eriksen, Kane and Son are all coached in a way that creates indecisiveness in their opponents defending and Alli is king at finding those holes and exploiting them. England do not have any clever movement, the coordination that leads to chances doesn't exist or at the most happens rarely. The players in CM and in defence do not see his runs from deep, I watched him make them last night and he was rarely (if at all) found. In short England don't play to his strength's. Maybe he will improve and do it alone, but I do think the setup last night hamstrung him.

It's strange, but the only time he's really looked like our Dele was under Hodgson in Germany.

In my opinion England need someone in that midfield that will dictate or at least pull people out of position with their passing and movement. If they are playing the 343 then Lallana is a must, with one of Sterling or Alli being benched. I rate Lallana that much atm, because he's a creator and one of the only decent one's England have.

In my opinion England need someone in that midfield that will dictate or at least pull people out of position with their passing and movement. If they are playing the 343 then Lallana is a must, with one of Sterling or Alli being benched. I rate Lallana that much atm, because he's a creator and one of the only decent one's England have.

I rate him highly as well, he is one of our better players for England.

I thought that Southgate missed the chance to press home the advantage by sitting in the 343 after the red card. When that happened, he needed to drop one of the CB's and get Lallana on.

With regards to Alli looking poor at international level here's my thought's; He is a clever player who thrives off of the intelligent movement of his team mates. At Spurs, Eriksen, Kane and Son are all coached in a way that creates indecisiveness in their opponents defending and Alli is king at finding those holes and exploiting them. England do not have any clever movement, the coordination that leads to chances doesn't exist or at the most happens rarely. The players in CM and in defence do not see his runs from deep, I watched him make them last night and he was rarely (if at all) found. In short England don't play to his strength's. Maybe he will improve and do it alone, but I do think the setup last night hamstrung him.

It's strange, but the only time he's really looked like our Dele was under Hodgson in Germany.

True Dele struggled to impose himself yesterday but he still helped fashion both of England's goals. There was also the opening he created midway through the second half when he nodded a cross into the box for Sterling that the City man failed to make anything of.

But one thing I did find puzzling yesterday was why Dele seemed to spent so much time hugging the far touchline? Might he have been following instructions? It's neither his favoured position nor where he is at his most effective. Either way it's no wonder we were so often outnumbered in the centre of the park.

Dele seemed stuck out on the left far too much, he needs to play in around the main striker, whereas Sterling played far too much in the middle and didn't have the intelligence to pick a pass prefering to run at 3 defenders and get crowded out. Dele has the intelligence to pick the pass or lay it off backwards.

Popped into the pub earlier and an Arsenal fan in there who was not actually drunk tried to tell me Wiltshire was going to come back and save the day. I said Wiltshire had more chance of winning the cricket county championship, as soon as I said it I panicked that they might be good and I would have egg on my face. But enough people laughed for me to think I got away with it.

France looked really really good to me.

Watching the under 21s what I find truly shocking is....

Lee Hendries tan

I think he has been drinking creosote

Attachments

• IMG_8968.JPG
    IMG_8968.JPG
    535.9 KB · Views: 23
This u21 team really look like an Aidy Boothroyde team, totally lacking in any imagination or planning!
Dull!

1-0 down

1-2 88mins

Last edited:
Back