• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Doesn't it feel like we are the only team currently developing quality English players? The likes of Stones, Cahill, Cresswell, oxlade chamberlain and sterling have all been poor. I genuinely thought our boys have looked a cut above.

Dier was sloppy!
Dele was average
Trippier did well
Kane as alway worked hard and scored
Walker was ok

French lads were in another league

Doesn't it feel like we are the only team currently developing quality English players? The likes of Stones, Cahill, Cresswell, oxlade chamberlain and sterling have all been poor. I genuinely thought our boys have looked a cut above.

Tbh I thought Dier, Trips, Dele, and Walker were pretty average tonight. Harry looks sharp though.

Outplayed by a 10 man team, there is a lot of hate for players like Ox, Sterling etc but ( imo) both Dier and Alli were as bad. Tripper and Kane did well.

Dier was sloppy!
Dele was average
Trippier did well
Kane as alway worked hard and scored
Walker was ok

French lads were in another league
Agree, French lads are a cut above. I thought dier was good other than his moment of sloppiness. Also Dele made the run which led to the penalty. Classic dele, his movement was good but we were not finding him.

Oxlade-Chamberlain will never make an international player.
We played the best #10 on the left wing.
The central defenders were poor.
Walker looked, for the second game running, totally disinterested.
Dier was poor.
Trippier was OK but not great.
Kane worked his socks off.

Overall a poor performance against a good French side that got better after going down to 10 men.

England's problem is what I highlighted earlier... no one actually wants English players in their league team but they main when we fail at international level

There is the myth about a premium for English players.... not one player out there today that played for us cost more than £5m..... and we had at one point 5 players playing

England's problem is what I highlighted earlier... no one actually wants English players in their league team but they main when we fail at international level

There is the myth about a premium for English players.... not one player out there today that played for us cost more than £5m..... and we had at one point 5 players playing

I'd say my biggest complaint is the "square pegs in round holes" scenario England managers always use. Why play a winger like Sterling in the hole behind Kane and use Alli, probably the best English "in the hole" player out on the wing?

Wow, not noticed that but so true! We do have some bang average players for the England squad. Stones is a defensive fraud

I'd say my biggest complaint is the "square pegs in round holes" scenario England managers always use. Why play a winger like Sterling in the hole behind Kane and use Alli, probably the best English "in the hole" player out on the wing?

I'd actually say that neither played in a position ... they kinda drifted all over to no effect

Agree, French lads are a cut above. I thought dier was good other than his moment of sloppiness. Also Dele made the run which led to the penalty. Classic dele, his movement was good but we were not finding him.
As well as delivering a perfectly floated cross in the build up that led to England's first.

Trouble is 'our' players play a very organised team and are drilled by Pochettinos (the collective)
England needed a 'wanyama' in midfield and two world class defenders.
Nothing will change until we realise we are not ready to take on the top teams and lower people's expectations, which I would have thought was a given by this time.

Like I said in the real world last nights result and performance was about what I expected.
Lots of work for the manager and staff.

Trouble is 'our' players play a very organised team and are drilled by Pochettinos (the collective)
England needed a 'wanyama' in midfield and two world class defenders.
Nothing will change until we realise we are not ready to take on the top teams and lower people's expectations, which I would have thought was a given by this time.

Like I said in the real world last nights result and performance was about what I expected.
Lots of work for the manager and staff.

Oh I don't disagree at all
Great that we played the right formation last night but the lack of pace, energy and overall quality showed

We missed more than a wanyama.., not one centre back was good enough (Phil jones was the best which says a lot). The midfield was awful and Kane was so isolated

The fa need to pay is to play the likes of Onomah so that we have some midfielders to come ghrough

Back