• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I'm going to be a daddy

The little one was born yesterday afternoon. Both mum and baby are doing great.

Congrats. Soon be riding around on the robot vacuum cleaner!

(Edit) your in phase one of baby crap, I'm in the grandparent phase 5 of dolls houses, garages and footballs in the garden. Its been going on for 35 years....in the end I was getting used to it!:cool:

Last edited:
@milo @GinolaGinolaGinola How is fatherhood treating you guys? I had a little girl about 5 days early on the 17th September so she is coming up to 3 months now. Absolutely amazing little thing but she does suffer terribly from colic and nights have been a problem throughout with her never settling fully for the first 3-4 hour stint before a feed until 1-2am. She already has a bit of a personality, seems like a morning girl at the moment when she is very happy and smiley and is very attracted to lights, the tv and patterns on cushions/bedding. Had quite a few gurgles and noises as she attempts to communicate in her own way too.

Totally life changing in every way possible but it is just amazing. Hope you guys are finding it equally as fulfilling.

@milo @GinolaGinolaGinola How is fatherhood treating you guys? I had a little girl about 5 days early on the 17th September so she is coming up to 3 months now. Absolutely amazing little thing but she does suffer terribly from colic and nights have been a problem throughout with her never settling fully for the first 3-4 hour stint before a feed until 1-2am. She already has a bit of a personality, seems like a morning girl at the moment when she is very happy and smiley and is very attracted to lights, the tv and patterns on cushions/bedding. Had quite a few gurgles and noises as she attempts to communicate in her own way too.

Totally life changing in every way possible but it is just amazing. Hope you guys are finding it equally as fulfilling.

It's all going great thanks. My boy is a couple of weeks older than yours. He's a happy little fella always chatting away to himself. The nights haven't been too bad but he wants feeding every couple of hours from the early hours onwards.

It's all going great thanks. My boy is a couple of weeks older than yours. He's a happy little fella always chatting away to himself. The nights haven't been too bad but he wants feeding every couple of hours from the early hours onwards.

She can be cranky from around 10pm onwards with wind and is inconsolable at times but in fairness when she is off then we can get 3-4 hours. I think last night she settled at 1:45 and didn't want feeding again until just after 7:30am and then slept through till 11:30. It sounds fantastic and it could be worse but nothing prepares you for the 2-3 times a night that you wake if not more just because they make a strange sound!

She can be cranky from around 10pm onwards with wind and is inconsolable at times but in fairness when she is off then we can get 3-4 hours. I think last night she settled at 1:45 and didn't want feeding again until just after 7:30am and then slept through till 11:30. It sounds fantastic and it could be worse but nothing prepares you for the 2-3 times a night that you wake if not more just because they make a strange sound!

We've got it easy compared to you. Ours sleeps from mid-evening onwards. My missus tends to go up early and get some rest and then I take him up to bed at about 10pm. He'll then sleep through to about 1am and then be up every hour or two after that.

Bonjourno. Thanks for asking! Maverick is good. He is happy alert and like Milos, talking away. He will be 4 months on 19th and he’s a handsome little bugger. I’m bias but I see other babies and I think he’s gorgeous and gonna be a little bugger to the women (or men).

We’ve got him off to bed at 8/8:30pm now and he wakes up probably once in the night about 4am for a feed and not until about 9am so we are quite lucky at the moment.

I’m getting a lot of sleep as the wife isn’t working yet and she lets me do no feeds in the night and has been like that since about 2/3 weeks old when I went back to work.

My kids (3 years + almost 11 months) don't sleep more than three hour shifts (max) at night and especially never after 6am. Which is a genetic absurdity and very frustrating, as neither me nor the wife are morning people. All we want to do between 6am and 9am is sleep. (the rest of the night too)

As a result of constant interrupted sleep (or lack of), my projected life span is likely shrinking every night (as we speak, actually). But I still love the buggers to bits.

Despite the cronic lack of previously precious things like good sleep, a private life, my own personal space, sex and energy, being a father is actually awesome. Which is something pre-dad me would never understand. Dad-me struggles to understand the concept too at times; that even with those important things missing, life is generally better with kids than it was without.

It will just be slightly shorter.

My kids (3 years + almost 11 months) don't sleep more than three hour shifts (max) at night and especially never after 6am. Which is a genetic absurdity and very frustrating, as neither me nor the wife are morning people. All we want to do between 6am and 9am is sleep. (the rest of the night too)

As a result of constant interrupted sleep (or lack of), my projected life span is likely shrinking every night (as we speak, actually). But I still love the buggers to bits.

Despite the cronic lack of previously precious things like good sleep, a private life, my own personal space, sex and energy, being a father is actually awesome. Which is something pre-dad me would never understand. Dad-me struggles to understand the concept too at times; that even with those important things missing, life is generally better with kids than it was without.

It will just be slightly shorter.
Amen brother

Little Hariette is doing the same chatting wise. Making a lot of sounds to replicate what I'm doing or at least attempt to. Loves watching the TV badly, I think its the constant changing of scenes and the colours that catches her attention and to that end, means she likes the football being on! I think she has started to teeth as well now, chewing her hands and trying to chew her bibs constantly. She actually slept today (last night) from 1:15 until 9am without a feed at all which is amazing.....hoping that sort of behaviour continues although going to sleep a bit earlier would be lovely.

Back