• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I'm going to be a daddy

Anybody else suffer from their partners other child being constantly rude and attitudey ??

My mrs little girl is 8 and all she does is be rude and back chat me, it drives me mad as I wont have it which them ends in arguements between the mrs and I

The girls dad is a total clown shoe but she makes out like he is the best dad in the world when all he does is let her down constantly, I dont and would never do that, I take her loads of places, pay for everything, spend time with her on her school work but all I get is brick back

It's draining me currently
Unfortunately that is what she has grown up with, the clown shoe, the let downs. She will end up having boyfriends like that as well.
That is normal to her, and at her age, knows no difference.

Hopefully she'll break the loop one day and realise the good guys are the ones to hang out with and hang on to.

Ok, still very early, but it looks like I'm gonna be a dad in about 7 months time. Not a moment too soon age wise, as I just turned forty. I know it's a total life changing moment, and I'm equal amounts thrilled and scared brickless! I just don't know what to expect, because I'm not really used to kids, although my nephews like hanging around with me. Still, at present, I kind of feel like I'll be out of my depths :eek:

Ok, still very early, but it looks like I'm gonna be a dad in about 7 months time. Not a moment too soon age wise, as I just turned forty. I know it's a total life changing moment, and I'm equal amounts thrilled and scared brickless! I just don't know what to expect, because I'm not really used to kids, although my nephews like hanging around with me. Still, at present, I kind of feel like I'll be out of my depths :eek:

Congratulations. That's brilliant news

One of the best bits of advice anyone gave me is that everyone's out of their depth and everyone copes.

Trust me as Scara says you will be fine, everything is weird at first but then it all clicks in

Congrats mate, i wasnt one for kids and didnt think i could cope but its actually quite fun. You just do what you are supposed to do and it doesnt feel like a chore. Its amazing to watch them grow and change. It happens so fast too.

Congrats man!

Gonna give ALL new Dads some advice (I have a 25 and 12 year old)...

1) Be in the room for the birth.
2) Be the ONLY person other than hospital staff and your partner in the room for the birth.
3) Do not be pressured into having unwanted people lurking in the hospital.
4) Ask friends and people who like you to please give you a week to find your bearings once home - tell them if they really want to help to leave ready made meals for you both, as not having to cook for that first week or two is a HUGE deal and allows you to absorb the changes without pressure.
5) Do not have tons of visitors for at least a week or two.
6) Be aware that you will never satisfy the mother-in-law. That's OK. Just don't let her dictate things. She will be eager to direct traffic from the moment the umbilical cord is cut, but you must stand strong!
7)...going back to in the hospital, make sure there is an anesthesiologist ready; many women say they want a natural birth, but it is important to be prepared for that very understandable last-second switch. Remind your missus there are no extra medals for childbirth in huge pain.

Seriously, any questions, happy to answer them...

First. No experience whatsoever. :eek:

Do not worry about experience mate, all kids are different and each birth is something new. It's like that old saying folks used to say about getting married ( i will wait until we can afford it) well i have been married a few times and take it from me you can never afford it. Same with being a parent you never know enough as like i say each kid is different. Hope you new born brings you as much happiness that my kids brought to me.

Gonna give ALL new Dads some advice (I have a 25 and 12 year old)...

1) Be in the room for the birth.
2) Be the ONLY person other than hospital staff and your partner in the room for the birth.
3) Do not be pressured into having unwanted people lurking in the hospital.
4) Ask friends and people who like you to please give you a week to find your bearings once home - tell them if they really want to help to leave ready made meals for you both, as not having to cook for that first week or two is a HUGE deal and allows you to absorb the changes without pressure.
5) Do not have tons of visitors for at least a week or two.
6) Be aware that you will never satisfy the mother-in-law. That's OK. Just don't let her dictate things. She will be eager to direct traffic from the moment the umbilical cord is cut, but you must stand strong!
7)...going back to in the hospital, make sure there is an anesthesiologist ready; many women say they want a natural birth, but it is important to be prepared for that very understandable last-second switch. Remind your missus there are no extra medals for childbirth in huge pain.

Seriously, any questions, happy to answer them...

I'd add, that if friends offer to look after the baby whilst you have a kip/shower/remember what each other look like/eat, DO IT! Do not be proud. We had twin boys and it was the biggest help when one of our friends just offered to change a nappy or feed one.

And the best bit of advice I ever had was from a midwife. If the baby(s) are having a tantrum and you can't fix it leave them on their own for five minutes. Walk out of the room and grab a cuppa. Sometimes you can't fix it. Sometimes your little bundle of joy will just want to let off steam. It's fine. If you try and fix every cry you'll go insane

Good luck!

I'd add, that if friends offer to look after the baby whilst you have a kip/shower/remember what each other look like/eat, DO IT! Do not be proud. We had twin boys and it was the biggest help when one of our friends just offered to change a nappy or feed one.

And the best bit of advice I ever had was from a midwife. If the baby(s) are having a tantrum and you can't fix it leave them on their own for five minutes. Walk out of the room and grab a cuppa. Sometimes you can't fix it. Sometimes your little bundle of joy will just want to let off steam. It's fine. If you try and fix every cry you'll go insane

Good luck!

Agree with this 100%. When it comes to letting them cry it out, you take that in turns too, and that means one of you leaves the house/goes to movies/whatever and then swap back!

Back