• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I'm going to be a daddy

Congrat to you and your missus too dude! Each to their own, I said I didn't want to find out but she did and then we both decided that we were going to ask the scanner lady (cant remember what shes called) to write it down and put it in an envelope for us to open at a meal later on. However, the lady said she wasn't allowed to, just incase she got the sex wrong. I was still excited and wanted to know there and then. As soon as she showed me the tiny penis, I knew it was mine!

Haha! Very much each to their own. I initially wanted to know when the time comes but the wife is definitely in the not wanting to know until birth camp for the first one so I kinda have just rolled with it. Bit of a cliché but its true, not fussed on gender providing they are healthy. Oh, I think you were thinking of Sonographer?!

Haha! Very much each to their own. I initially wanted to know when the time comes but the wife is definitely in the not wanting to know until birth camp for the first one so I kinda have just rolled with it. Bit of a cliché but its true, not fussed on gender providing they are healthy. Oh, I think you were thinking of Sonographer?!
That's the fcuker, I'm just too lazy to google it. Starting writing sinologist but then gave up!
Yeh do what the missus says, its easier. I had a beer before she picked me up to go to the hospital and she wasn't happy! Sounds bad but I was over the moon when I found out it was a boy, wanted healthy first, but just before she told us I was thinking "It's a girl, it's a girl..."

Well today was our 20 week scan and we found out what we are going to have....a baby Rodney.

Well, do I let the little git to choose who he supports or do I make him suffer like we all have?

Firstly, congratulations to you both. Exciting times ahead.

But on the important stuff - don't leave anything to chance. Indoctrinate him from the earliest opportunity and do it full on.

An anecdote to make a point : my brother is (very unfortunately) a Liverpool fan. His son, my nephew, started life also as a Pool fan. Like most boys, he would do whatever his dad did. I was not happy about this but as his maternal in-laws were gooners, it was the lesser of two evils so I kept my counsel (sort of!). My brother, whilst a pool fan, is not manically so and did not push it as the be all and end all. When my nephew started at school, living in Hertfordshire, he was surrounded by Spurs fans, and the club also had some involvement with his school in training sessions. Long story short, he became Interested In Spurs and I was ready in the wings to pounce! Which I did. He is now fully fledged Spurs.
My (long winded) point is this : get him hooked well and proper before he starts school. Don't assume he will just follow you. Do everything possible to instill Spurs in him.
Think of the alternatives. You live in Essex. Think of him going to school and being influenced by Spammers.... there are always outside influences ready to pounce!
If you let that happen it would be akin to child abuse. (Joke of course, not really drawing comparisons). But don't let him choose. It is your legacy to pass on.
Good luck to you both!

Firstly, congratulations to you both. Exciting times ahead.

But on the important stuff - don't leave anything to chance. Indoctrinate him from the earliest opportunity and do it full on.

An anecdote to make a point : my brother is (very unfortunately) a Liverpool fan. His son, my nephew, started life also as a Pool fan. Like most boys, he would do whatever his dad did. I was not happy about this but as his maternal in-laws were gooners, it was the lesser of two evils so I kept my counsel (sort of!). My brother, whilst a pool fan, is not manically so and did not push it as the be all and end all. When my nephew started at school, living in Hertfordshire, he was surrounded by Spurs fans, and the club also had some involvement with his school in training sessions. Long story short, he became Interested In Spurs and I was ready in the wings to pounce! Which I did. He is now fully fledged Spurs.
My (long winded) point is this : get him hooked well and proper before he starts school. Don't assume he will just follow you. Do everything possible to instill Spurs in him.
Think of the alternatives. You live in Essex. Think of him going to school and being influenced by Spammers.... there are always outside influences ready to pounce!
If you let that happen it would be akin to child abuse. (Joke of course, not really drawing comparisons). But don't let him choose. It is your legacy to pass on.
Good luck to you both!
Mustard advice. I shall take heed.

Congrats to you and your missus too dude! Each to their own, I said I didn't want to find out but she did and then we both decided that we were going to ask the scanner lady (cant remember what shes called) to write it down and put it in an envelope for us to open at a meal later on. However, the lady said she wasn't allowed to, just incase she got the sex wrong. I was still excited and wanted to know there and then. As soon as she showed me the tiny penis, I knew it was mine!
I don't wish to brag... but when the sonographer scanned my baby... it was just a blurry mass of nothingness... then suddenly he was all there, legs akimbo, tallytwhacker dangling between the legs, unmistakable!

Congrats on getting kids, people! Enjoy your last few months as relatively free men! :D my son turns two in the end of may, he said something resembling "Tottenham" and "spurs" for the first time while we practised during the soton game this weekend. I've also taught him to kiss the crest on the shirt, and he recognizes the shirt when he sees it on TV. So yeah! Start early! It seems to be going according to plan so far. :D

With a son and daughter freshly graduated from university and now happily and gainfully employed and moved out the house, let me say this to new parents: Enjoy it all because it's amazing how quickly it all whizzes by. You have from childbirth to the age of 12 to be a formative presence. After that, it's more about being supportive and encouraging of what they think because self determination kicks in then.

Nothing marks the ever-hastening passage of time like watching kids leave home. No sooner have they grown to become more than your children - your best friends in so many ways - and they're off. I hardly got enough time to borrow my son's cool shirts before he packed them off to his new apartment. Thankfully, he drops by for dinner every week or two and we swap notes often on music and sports.

But it seems like yesterday I was dropping him or my daughter off for ice hockey or soccer or swimming practices and sitting 'round sharing coffee and stories with other parents. Man, those were good times.

What else have I learned?

- It's great not to know the gender of the first-born child. That's a wonderful surprise. But once more start to arrive, it's good to know in advance, if possible, just so as to be able to plan properly for days ahead.

- It was great to ring the bell so promptly once my wife and I decided to start a family. It was even better not to ring the bell so quickly the second time around. The first time, I was working hard to keep her happy. The second time, she worked even harder to keep me happy before I eventually chose to make her pregnant again. It can be challenging to deal with some lean spells in the sack while a young family is happening. So bank some good memories and don't let the romance cool. It does get good again and it's pretty good these days being an empty nester. My wife and I still laugh at all the lustful skullduggery we resorted to, just for an hour or two alone without kids.

- Expose your kids to as many social hierarchies as you can. Friends they make based on school and neighbourhood life are basically factors of geography. When they take up other interests in life - sports, music, dance, whatever - they encounter more like-minded types and the friendships they make are often more enduring. They won't be dependant on one group's attitudes or opinions in how they view themselves and that's very healthy.

- Don't be a helicopter parent. Self growth is an organic thing that won't happen if you're constantly hovering about. Let them experience life on their own terms. And never, ever yell at your kids when they're playing sports unless it's to cheer. They mostly won't hear you. But other parents will. And never berate a referee. My son was one.

- Money's nice, but it doesn't buy happiness. Good kids are priceless and a constant source of pride and joy. Don't be afraid to put work considerations second when important family matters compete for your attention. Find a way. A good employer will value such a person.

- Look after yourself. When the kids see you showing a little self pride, it rubs off on them.

Congrats on getting kids, people! Enjoy your last few months as relatively free men! :D my son turns two in the end of may, he said something resembling "Tottenham" and "spurs" for the first time while we practised during the soton game this weekend. I've also taught him to kiss the crest on the shirt, and he recognizes the shirt when he sees it on TV. So yeah! Start early! It seems to be going according to plan so far. :D
You have to be so careful with what they learn though.

When I watch football, mine now asks why the ones in red are always cheating, and why the one in black is always helping them.

:oops:

Back