• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I think we are too slow on the trigger for our transfers; De Ligt, Ndombele, and Brooks. All players that we have been linked with and all who would have improved the team. Yet the club has stood still until those players are no longer realistic targets or their fees have escalated hugely.

Who knows what enquiries we may have made and what kind of answer we got.

Who knows what enquiries we may have made and what kind of answer we got.

Well Bournemouth bought Brooks for a few of, I believe, 11m, so unless he turned us down for first team football at Bournemouth, which is possible, then a deal shouldn’t have been out of the question.

Richarlson of Everton isnt that good

He is REALLY THAT GOOD, or not good at all.

At least when Ive seen him. At 21(?) inconsistency isnt a surprise, but the swing between good and bad performances is massive with him at the minute.

I think, partly, its down to playing in a team that doesnt really work for him. He needs someone to play off of and Sigurdsson (and recently Tosun) arent that person.

VERY talented player, who IMO could be something special in a couple of years. Poch would make him beastly.

He is REALLY THAT GOOD, or not good at all.

At least when Ive seen him. At 21(?) inconsistency isnt a surprise, but the swing between good and bad performances is massive with him at the minute.

I think, partly, its down to playing in a team that doesnt really work for him. He needs someone to play off of and Sigurdsson (and recently Tosun) arent that person.

VERY talented player, who IMO could be something special in a couple of years. Poch would make him beastly.
Agree, I think he will be very good. But why he keeps getting played as the CF I have no idea! I really am disappinted in Silva, I really thought he would make Everton a force - he has been disappointing to date....

Agree, I think he will be very good. But why he keeps getting played as the CF I have no idea! I really am disappinted in Silva, I really thought he would make Everton a force - he has been disappointing to date....

I think its most likely because they have no alternative.

He has had good games at CF, which should serve him well experience wise, but I think ultimately he will be more a Son/Alli/Lamela than a Kane, if you know what I mean?

Silva is an interesting one. Looked excellent at Hull, was doing brilliantly at Watford until the wheels came off - though that seemed a political/board thing. Went to Everton and I was thinking how he could be in line to replace Poch if he does well (if Poch were to leave) and he has since done...

....Well pretty badly really. Their shape is all over the place, poor defensively, and lacking ideas going forward.

Still with the like of Bolasie, Tosun, Walcott clogging up the squad which Im sure doesnt help, but even so....

I think we are too slow on the trigger for our transfers; De Ligt, Ndombele, and Brooks. All players that we have been linked with and all who would have improved the team. Yet the club has stood still until those players are no longer realistic targets or their fees have escalated hugely.

I disagree. It's a sellers' market and Lyon and Ajax just weren't ready to sell those individuals last summer. We also have form of securing long term targets (especially from Ajax) despite noise of bigger club interest.

Brookes is different in that there were the off-field issues and we'd just signed Moura for the same position six months before.

Where would he play for Spurs?
I’m not advocating signing him just stating he isn’t rubbish.

In terms of the squad he could replace GNK and or Janssen, as he could play in AMF or CF.

Other than right back if we polled our best eleven itwould be pretty unanimous - i’d like us to improve our bench to the standard that it becomes a difficult decision for Poch and even our better players can get rested or rotated without impacting us agiant the top teams.

I’d love a player who could play AMF and CF so we don’t end up with another 9 going stale but my priority would be replacing dembele with a technical midfielder, keeping or replacing Toby with an experienced head and upgrading at least one of the right backs (effectively replacing Walker as even an improved Aurier is a level below.)

I’m not advocating signing him just stating he isn’t rubbish.

In terms of the squad he could replace GNK and or Janssen, as he could play in AMF or CF.

Isn't that the role we bought Moura for? And Son and Lamela already perform

Of all our needs, AM is the last place we need to address at the moment

Richarlison would complement our AMs wonderfully, would probably bump Lamela and Moura down the order.

Though I doubt it would even be on our minds.

Of utmost importance is midfield. One if not two players in of proper quality.

I think our greatest achievement this season is doing as well as we are with Sissoko in the midfield as a mainstay.

As much as people like him, he can be improved upon by orders of magnitude, and if we do so I think the whole team goes up a level or two.

Now, considering we are currently 5 points off top, imagine what that means!

Richarlison would complement our AMs wonderfully

The problem where for me is that he is nowhere near Alli or Son if you are talkling World Class, which both of them are, then Eriksen who plays better more advanced is a better player. He would hardly get near the side atthe start of a season when all players are fit.

The problem where for me is that he is nowhere near Alli or Son if you are talkling World Class, which both of them are, then Eriksen who plays better more advanced is a better player. He would hardly get near the side atthe start of a season when all players are fit.
Son world class? He hasnt had a single season of top level consistency yet, he has always done it in patches of a good streak for a month or two then goes cold. This season he has the potential to deliver more consistently, but he is not world class yet at all....

I would think that is a little simplistic, we as fans have not really got any idea of what happens behind closed doors. To suggest that we were slow by going on about what is printed in the gutter press, T W atter and the like is guess work at best.

This is something I noticed over January (in general, so nothing personal!), but I think we really need to take stock of the side.

What it is, what it is capable of and where it needs to be.

The answer is, for me, we are at a level now where we are looking to take 4 competitions seriously.

Which means there can be no "first choice" or "first 11" and only "The Squad". We need 22(ish) first teamers, not an obvious 1st/2nd hierachy.

And yet many of us are stuck in that mentality, of what the club WAS rather than IS. We as fans need to shake that off.

Richarlison, as is the example, would get a game pretty well every week once the season is in full swing. Starting and off the bench. We will be looking to win every game, PL, CL, cups... And we will need a group of players able to deliver that.

Richarlison would complement our AMs wonderfully, would probably bump Lamela and Moura down the order.

Though I doubt it would even be on our minds.

Of utmost importance is midfield. One if not two players in of proper quality.

I think our greatest achievement this season is doing as well as we are with Sissoko in the midfield as a mainstay.

As much as people like him, he can be improved upon by orders of magnitude, and if we do so I think the whole team goes up a level or two.

Now, considering we are currently 5 points off top, imagine what that means!

I don't think Richarlison is anywhere near Moura or Lamela's level.

I think they'd be much more standout than him if they were big fish in small ponds, like he has been at Watford and Everton. In fact they already were at Roma and Sao Paulo respectively.

This is something I noticed over January (in general, so nothing personal!), but I think we really need to take stock of the side.

What it is, what it is capable of and where it needs to be.

The answer is, for me, we are at a level now where we are looking to take 4 competitions seriously.

Which means there can be no "first choice" or "first 11" and only "The Squad". We need 22(ish) first teamers, not an obvious 1st/2nd hierachy.

And yet many of us are stuck in that meteorology, of what the club WAS rather than IS. We as fans need to shake that off.

Richarlison, as is the example, would get a game pretty well every week once the season is in full swing. Starting and off the bench. We will be looking to win every game, PL, CL, cups... And we will need a group of players able to deliver that.
Agree, I used to clamour for Poch to rotate the side more in years gone by but you can see a big reason why he doesnt is the level of difference between our best XI and the back up players. In general, they are nowhere near as good and if we had more who were closer to that first XI level the likes of Kane, Eriksen etc would get more rest and when they do play they would be fresher and potentially even more productive. Its a tough sell getting players of similar level to our first XI to sit on our bench,but thats what we should be aiming for now....

I don't think Richarlison is anywhere near Moura or Lamela's level.

I think they'd be much more standout than him if they were big fish in small ponds, like he has been at Watford and Everton. In fact they already were at Roma and Sao Paulo respectively.

Opinions, obviously, but I think youd be hard pressed to make an argument that Moura or Lamela have performed better for us this season than Richarlison for Everton.

And the whole big fish/small pond thing can only ever be proven with time. Quality players step up to a new level team and find a new level of form...

Agree, I used to clamour for Poch to rotate the side more in years gone by but you can see a big reason why he doesnt is the level of difference between our best XI and the back up players. In general, they are nowhere near as good and if we had more who were closer to that first XI level the likes of Kane, Eriksen etc would get more rest and when they do play they would be fresher and potentially even more productive. Its a tough sell getting players of similar level to our first XI to sit on our bench,but thats what we should be aiming for now....

I think if you look at areas of the team where the quality differential is more even you will find he rotates much more regularly - take the full backs for example, so maybe you're on to something...

Back