• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I would not mind bringing Sancho back. Jan had him pegged back second half but he is the kind of player who could fit in our team, is young, English and his value will go up. And there is still room for Poch to coach him up. I know we was interested when he left City but he chose Dortmund.

Sadly, I think Dortmund will put a ridiculous price on him now, to the point where only one of the Mancs would be able to go for him (or if Roman wants to do another round of washing...)

Sadly, I think Dortmund will put a ridiculous price on him now, to the point where only one of the Mancs would be able to go for him (or if Roman wants to do another round of washing...)
Well German prices seem to be not quite so crazy. 60m for Pulisic? so maybe 50ish for Sancho? we paid 44 for Sanchez so its not like we wont splash out on the right player at the right price and age.

Well German prices seem to be not quite so crazy. 60m for Pulisic? so maybe 50ish for Sancho? we paid 44 for Sanchez so its not like we wont splash out on the right player at the right price and age.

If Pulisic is worth 60m then you can bet that by next summer or beyond Sancho will be worth more simply because of the English/PL factor. In fact, I do wonder whether the main reason that some of these German clubs are targetting so many PL youngsters is to put away a few "nest eggs" as they perceive PL clubs have more money than sense (and that many English players will eventually get homesick...)

If Pulisic is worth 60m then you can bet that by next summer or beyond Sancho will be worth more simply because of the English/PL factor. In fact, I do wonder whether the main reason that some of these German clubs are targetting so many PL youngsters is to put away a few "nest eggs" as they perceive PL clubs have more money than sense (and that many English players will eventually get homesick...)

I thing you might be right on the nest egg idea. But also its so obvious that our top clubs not only have good training and youth teams but never let their players get in the side. Sancho is a good example, Hudson-Odoi and even Foden up at city never really plays in the big games. They would all be starters in the Bundesliga. And its the main reason a lot of our youth players are heading abroad. I think its good for our national team, but sides like Cheski and Manc City our killing the youth that they spend so much to bring through.

And where in my exchanges with @nayimfromthehalfwayline did I say "we lost game x or y because we didn't buy anyone"?
I thought I WAS talking about the reality of where we are this season and where we may possibly be next summer..
I’ve no idea, I haven’t read any of your exchanges with Nayim, sorry. I have read you continually post sarcy comments or memes or whatever you call them about how we haven’t bought anyone for the last 6 months.

Like I said it’s only fair to point out the reality of the situation as well.

I thing you might be right on the nest egg idea. But also its so obvious that our top clubs not only have good training and youth teams but never let their players get in the side. Sancho is a good example, Hudson-Odoi and even Foden up at city never really plays in the big games. They would all be starters in the Bundesliga. And its the main reason a lot of our youth players are heading abroad. I think its good for our national team, but sides like Cheski and Manc City our killing the youth that they spend so much to bring through.

Indeed. We were apparently desperately trying to get Sancho when he left City....would love to know what happened there, whether Pep/City blocked us, whether Sancho actually wanted out of England etc

I’ve no idea, I haven’t read any of your exchanges with Nayim, sorry. I have read you continually post sarcy comments or memes or whatever you call them about how we haven’t bought anyone for the last 6 months.

Like I said it’s only fair to point out the reality of the situation as well.

I doubt I have written anything that goes against "the reality of the situation".....perhaps like others you just don't like it if the club is critically analysed in a way that isn't TOTALLY positive and jump straight onto ANY exchange that's being had (like you are now)?
Perhaps your first line would have sufficed ;)

I doubt I have written anything that goes against "the reality of the situation".....perhaps like others you just don't like it if the club is critically analysed in a way that isn't TOTALLY positive and jump straight onto ANY exchange that's being had (like you are now)?
Perhaps your first line would have sufficed ;)
Are you Struggling with English tonight?

I said the reality is we are having our best ever PL season and we are still in the CL, this in spite of, now correct me if I’m wrong, what you think is a massive error of not buying anyone?

That’s the reality, not some fictional idea about where we would have been had we just spent 45m on Grealish!

Are you Struggling with English tonight?

I said the reality is we are having our best ever PL season and we are still in the CL, this in spite of, now correct me if I’m wrong, what you think is a massive error of not buying anyone?

That’s the reality, not some fictional idea about where we would have been had we just spent 45m on Grealish!

Erm, so where in my exchanges did I say that we weren't having our best season and still in CL in my exchanges with @nayimfromthehalfwayline ?
Perhaps it's YOU who is struggling with English. My exchanges were talking about next summer and what we may or may not do then and how it may be effected by last summer, pure and simple. No talk of how we are or not doing this season and whether it has been effected by last summer. Again, you brought this up out of nowhere like the other poster did, perhaps because you feel I havent been "TOTALLY positive enough" lol

Oh, and I see you've dropped the Grealish red herring too!!

Erm, so where in my exchanges did I say that we weren't having our best season and still in CL in my exchanges with @nayimfromthehalfwayline ?
Perhaps it's YOU who is struggling with English. My exchanges were talking about next summer and what we may or may not do then and how it may be effected by last summer, pure and simple. No talk of how we are or not doing this season and whether it has been effected by last summer. Again, you bought this up out of nowhere like the other poster did, perhaps because you feel I havent been "TOTALLY positive enough" lol

Oh, and I see you've dropped the Grealish red herring too!!
Look I’ve not even read your exchanges with Nayim. I didn’t reply to anything related to that!:confused: I’m really not sure what’s triggered you, but this is all I said in reply to a post from you where the lack of signings was brought up as if it was a failure again:

“To be fair, we are having our best PL season so far since that transfer window and still in the CL. Every time we lose a game it’s because “we didn’t buy anyone”, so it’s only fair to point out the reality of where we currently are this season.”

Look I’ve not even read your exchanges with Nayim. I didn’t reply to anything related to that!:confused: I’m really not sure what’s triggered you, but this is all I said in reply to a post from you where the lack of signings was bought up as if it was a failure again:

“To be fair, we are having our best PL season so far since that transfer window and still in the CL. Every time we lose a game it’s because “we didn’t buy anyone”, so it’s only fair to point out the reality of where we currently are this season.”

So which post from me was the one "where the lack of signings was brought up as if it was a failure again"?
You even have me confused now, Jack Grealish and all..:confused:

So which post from me was the one "where the lack of signings was bought up as if it was a failure again"?
You even have me confused now, Jack Grealish and all..:confused:
The one I originally replied to, that’s how these places work!

But I think you’re actually doing this deliberately now to try and avoid acknowledging the point I made. You being Uber critical of our transfer policy and us having our best ever PL season (so far).

The one I originally replied to, that’s how these places work!

But I think you’re actually doing this deliberately now to try and avoid acknowledging the point I made. You being Uber critical of our transfer policy and us having our best ever PL season (so far).

Yes, and the one you originally replied to had no baring on me saying we were not having our best PL season thus far, much like i was simply saying that what happened last summer was unprecendented and taking a critical eye analysing it and possibly next summer doesn't equal me or anyone else automatically being a 'Levy basher'. Plus in those discussions with @nayimfromthehalfwayline i don't think i was being 'Uber critical' at all - and i certainly didn't once mention Jack Grealish lol

I'm no more "deliberately doing this" than you are "deliberating trying to score points on anyone who isn't jumping about saying everything with Spurs is 100% awesome at all times"

;)

Yes, and the one you originally replied to had no baring on me saying we were not having our best PL season thus far, much like i was simply saying that what happened last summer was unprecendented and taking a critical eye analysing it and possibly next summer doesn't equal me or anyone else automatically being a 'Levy basher'. Plus in those discussions with @nayimfromthehalfwayline i don't think i was being 'Uber critical' at all - and i certainly didn't once mention Jack Grealish lol

I'm no more "deliberately doing this" than you are "deliberating trying to score points on anyone who isn't jumping about saying everything with Spurs is 400% awesome at all times"

;)
Not trying to score points, just redressing the balance, as I said in my original response to you, every time we lose a game, you and a few others make out it was because of the transfer window. I just said the reality is that transfer window has preceeded our best PL start.

That’s about the 3rd time I’ve repeated that now, I’m not sure what more explanation you want from me here, I thought it was a pretty simple statement of fact in reply to your post, not needing a 2 page dialogue?!

Yep even Loftus-Cheek who looked like a good player is killing his game in a similar manner to Jack Rodwell.

Not trying to score points, just redressing the balance, as I said in my original response to you, every time we lose a game, you and a few others make out it was because of the transfer window. I just said the reality is that transfer window has preceeded our best PL start.

That’s about the 3rd time I’ve repeated that now, I’m not sure what more explanation you want from me here, I thought it was a pretty simple statement of fact in reply to your post, not needing a 2 page dialogue?!

If you want to make a statement that we are having our best PL season ever, despite no signings in the summer, fine

But making that statement as a riposte to something I'm meant to have said in my earlier exchanges with @nayimfromthehalfwayline (or that I post after every loss and say it's because of our lack of signings:confused:) then again I'm obviously going to pull you up on it and wonder if you've simply lumped me with a group who you believe are not "happy enough" and been lazy not to check said exchanges...

..would have saved yourself the trouble and left it at "sorry I didn't read your earlier exchanges with Nayim"..now that would have been pretty simple eh;)

Oh boy @glorygloryeze what on earth are you on about? You’re tying yourself in knots mate, what has your discussion with Nayim got to do with this, I couldn’t care less what you’ve been discussing frankly, sorry! I don’t think I could have made myself clearer in my penultimate post.

But anyway, I know you have to have the last word so go for it. Muddy the waters some more, I’ll try and leave it there for tonight.

Back