• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I aint no Sheikh-but lets talk weather

All the online papers saying we are in for a long cold winter.

Not happy about it but i will wait to see if it has an impact on my business, this is the first year i have had to deal with logistics companies, so far they have been good.

Still dream about leaving this dump of a country behind and moving off to Majorca the northern part not the tourist areas, just loads of land to have a home farm and a boat in a Marina some place to go out on and of course mild weather in the winter.

Mark if you are in touch with sheik can you ask him what the weather is doing for the next few months.

I believe Matt Hugo on twitter over the papers writing ******** about the weather if im honest...

Lumpy old wind tonight. Much worse than the St Jude storm.

Apparently there are 600 on board a channel ferry at anchor waiting for Dover to open tomorrow morning....! I don't even want to go into my kitchen and he did aft is so strong.

If you're only just back, you've had it lucky. The rain and winds have been relentless. Crap start to the year weather wise!

Second day of 44 degrees yesterday and dropped to just 29.7 during the night.

Had some awful bushfires in the hills east of Perth, huge plumes of smoke across the sky. 44 homes lost, which will increase as it's still out of control with a bit of a wind blowing.

Awful stuff.

Lovely sky this morning in Essex

1780828_10153816196120475_1280809247_n.jpg

Couldnt sleep last night cos of the winds.

Woke up this morning and my fence has been swept right off (AGAIN) in the space of three or four months. Another few hundred quid.

That was one of the craziest thunderstorms i've witnessed last night down here on the south coast. Sheet and fork lightning literally every 1 second. A real Scooby Doo storm.

As usual carnage on my train line Greater Anglia, loads of trains cancelled lastnight ahead of the hot weather today, and then due to storms loads of signalling and level crossing issues

Funny that C2C the railway closest to mine had zero problems yet again

That was one of the craziest thunderstorms i've witnessed last night down here on the south coast. Sheet and fork lightning literally every 1 second. A real Scooby Doo storm.

Yup. I was asleep when it started... with the window, next to my bed, wide open! I woke up, witnessed the storm and thought that it was a good idea to shut the window! The storm was impressive!!

My facebook and twitter was full of stuff about the storms last night whereas I only saw a couple of distant flashes and its bone dry here. Saw a picture of all the lightening strikes and saw that I live in the hole of the colourful mess.

https://twitter.com/Netweather/status/490009731197845504

I'm a bit worried about the storms forecast for tonight and tomorrow as I am working outside early in the morning surrounded by metal barns and telegraph poles. I don't have a great history with lightening. My great great grandmother was killed by lightening, I was stood 10m away from a lamp post that got hit whilst in Venice age 11, lightening hit the road not far in front of me when I was running home from school when I was 15 and I was indirectly hit in 2005 when the telephone thing outside was hit and the surge knocked out our phone and pc and I had a horrible electric current go up my arm (hand was on the mouse). Love watching storms out of the window but really don't want to be outside in one.

I'm a bit worried about the storms forecast for tonight and tomorrow as I am working outside early in the morning surrounded by metal barns and telegraph poles. I don't have a great history with lightening. My great great grandmother was killed by lightening, I was stood 10m away from a lamp post that got hit whilst in Venice age 11, lightening hit the road not far in front of me when I was running home from school when I was 15 and I was indirectly hit in 2005 when the telephone thing outside was hit and the surge knocked out our phone and pc and I had a horrible electric current go up my arm (hand was on the mouse). Love watching storms out of the window but really don't want to be outside in one.
Sounds like it's whoever is working with you tomorrow who needs to rethink his/her plans, they've got no chance. Maybe stay in and bake a vegetable cake for Chich?

Sounds like it's whoever is working with you tomorrow who needs to rethink his/her plans, they've got no chance. Maybe stay in and bake a vegetable cake for Chich?

Just my husband will be on the farm with me tomorrow but he should be safe in the dairy milking, its just me outside doing the feeding. Actually think I will stay in and make Chich a lovely chocolate courgette cake as I have some courgettes to use up :) Starting to sound like the mad cake making woman who was on the parish council in The vicar of dibley.

Back