• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Humble Pie Transfers

Gazza

Nick Barmby
This thread is about the player that you were desperate for the club to sign but slipped away. In your mind this was the player that could have made the difference and has gone on to prove that you know nothing about football.

Or players that you were desperate for to join the club and were smitten once they signed on the dotted line, only for it to go tits up.

Last edited:
I remember being very keen on Ben Arfa before he joined Saudi Sportswashing Machine....

Was also so happy when we signed Bentley.

I generally expect all our signings to do well, regardless of who they are - so there's many I've got wrong!

Called Bentley flopping though

I was gutted that we didnt buy Charlie Adam before going to pool.

Very excited about Soldado

Yep Soldado. Was sure he would be a success here.

Was desperate for us to get Depay. Early days I know but he's not the player I thought he was, from what I have seen so far anyway.

Last edited:
Going way back, I remember being disappointed when we signed Teddy in 1992 and Robert Fleck went to Chelsea that same summer. We were meant to be after Fleck and I thought we got worst of the two....

Yep Soldado. Was sure he would be a success here.

Was desperate for us to get Depay. Early days I know but he's not the player I thought he was, from what I have seen so far anyway.
I still think we'll come right on Depay.

Agree about Soldado too.

Postiga - the next big thing in Portugese football and a potential world class striker

This guy is a GG legend. Completely flopped in the Premier League

Morientes.jpg

Back