• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I have not enjoyed pre season, the transfer window or the first few games but that is more to do with the dealings and frustrations surrounding transfers.

However I have (hands up) started to become negative and have my head swayed by the press on AVB and will draw a line under it today. The press do not deserve the time of day and AVB is our manager like it or not, therefore deserves our time and support. If we as fans support the witch hunt of AVB then the poor bloke stand even less of a chance than he does already especially with the press and rival supporters all using him as a kicking post.

You have to ask yourself this, who would you rather support, the manager of your team or the press???

AVB I wish you all the best buddy and hope you can bring success to our club.....

Last edited:
I have not enjoyed pre season, the transfer window or the first few games but that is more to do with the dealings and frustrations surrounding transfers.

However I have (hands up) started to become negative and have my head swayed by the press on AVB and will draw a line under it today. The press do not deserve the time of day and AVB is our manager, like it or not and therefore deserves our time and support. If we as fans support the witch hunt of AVB then the poor bloke stand even less of a chance than he does already with the press and rival supporters all using him as a kicking post.

AVB I wish you all the best buddy and hope you can bring success to our club.....

=D>

However I have (hands up) started to become negative and have my head swayed by the press on AVB and will draw a line under it today. The press do not deserve the time of day and AVB is our manager like it or not, therefore deserves our time and support. If we as fans support the witch hunt of AVB then the poor bloke stand even less of a chance than he does already especially with the press and rival supporters all using him as a kicking post.

You have to ask yourself this, who would you rather support, the manager of your team or the press???

Your rational thinking is nowhere near as fun as being part of the angry mob though is it?

angry-mob.jpeg

True enough but I refuse to allow Chelsea Scum bags who refuse to believe their club was a joke in the 90's and the press to have any affect on Spurs...

Whilst the jury is well and truly out on AVB this is a hack job to kick a man when he is down.

He drops Brad and he would get slaughtered

He does not play Hugo, he gets slaughtered

He just can not win...........

Brad in Goal

Lloris as Sweeper

Sorted \o/

Is Deschamps Hugo's spokesman/agent now or something? What the fudge has it got to do with him how Lloris feels about AVB's comments regarding him fighting for his place?

A professional should be made to fight for his place and in time I'm pretty sure he would usurp Brad anyway.

Man up Hugo.

fudge off Deschamps.

Lloris hasn't said anything though, has he? Well he probably expressed his concern in private. Its Deschamps (probably in response to a direct media question about AVB's quotes) that has commented. Even then he even said ' i don't want to create a problem before i know there is one '

Basically they're saying that if Lloris ends up sitting on the bench and not playing then it will look like a bad move for LLoris and affect both him and France, who will not want their no. 1 not playing.

I don't see the issue here. Normal media sensationalist gonad*s.

you this is what confuses me, you read into what they might have meant but what they said is that lloris is not happy or has taken an issue with what AVB has said/done with regards to his place in the first 11. and he has voiced it to the manager.
You dont see an issue here? what If brad plays well i training and plays well in matches? like he preetty much has done consistently his entire career.......?

it brings the question about catering to egos into consideration, your post in another thread came across as fine that ade and others didnt start based on them 'probably or potentially' not working as hard in training as others.

how much of that would you be willing to take at the expense of results? alittle? alot? none?

footballers in general dont live or view the world like us. alot of them are socially inept and dont understand the true meaning or work to rewards after they reach a certain level

Is Deschamps Hugo's spokesman/agent now or something? What the fudge has it got to do with him how Lloris feels about AVB's comments regarding him fighting for his place?

A professional should be made to fight for his place and in time I'm pretty sure he would usurp Brad anyway.

Man up Hugo.

fudge off Deschamps.

How can you know this for sure? theoretically speaking that is

Ahhhh this season just isn't going to go well is it? :-(

I understand why Lloris would be concerned. He is the French number 1, French captain, and has seen his club make a big effort to sign him. He wouldn't expect to be anybodies number 2 and that's fair enough.

But I don't think for a second AVB is going to play Brad any longer than maybe one more game. As good as a shot stopper as Brad is, you can tell that the whole team is afraid of passing the ball back to him, and I think a goalkeeper that can handle that is going to be vital to AVB's gameplan.

AVB clearly doesn't tell the truth to the media, and likes to send them on a merry dance. He said earlier in the summer we weren't even in for Lloris. I think Hugo should realise that, AVB should have a word and everything will be fine. Brad has already acknowledged that if the club brings someone else in that he would be willing to be second choice, so there should be no problems.

The only thing that confuses it is that after the game Brad said AVB had spoke to him and he said he liked what he heard about his plans for the next games, as if he told Brad he would be starting. I'm surprised at that, although maybe the conversation took place before Lloris signed.

I can't know for sure, just basing it on the fact that he is younger and very very highly rated.

another hypothetical (can i just say that i agree with you, experts out there in the world of football i am 1100000% positive they know their brick and have all deemed him one of the best around so yes i agre with what you've said)...what if he is THAT good, that he doesnt work hard in training? but brad does...who would you play?

Ahhhh this season just isn't going to go well is it? :-(

I understand why Lloris would be concerned. He is the French number 1, French captain, and has seen his club make a big effort to sign him. He wouldn't expect to be anybodies number 2 and that's fair enough.

But I don't think for a second AVB is going to play Brad any longer than maybe one more game. As good as a shot stopper as Brad is, you can tell that the whole team is afraid of passing the ball back to him, and I think a goalkeeper that can handle that is going to be vital to AVB's gameplan.

AVB clearly doesn't tell the truth to the media, and likes to send them on a merry dance. He said earlier in the summer we weren't even in for Lloris. I think Hugo should realise that, AVB should have a word and everything will be fine. Brad has already acknowledged that if the club brings someone else in that he would be willing to be second choice, so there should be no problems.

The only thing that confuses it is that after the game Brad said AVB had spoke to him and he said he liked what he heard about his plans for the next games, as if he told Brad he would be starting. I'm surprised at that, although maybe the conversation took place before Lloris signed.

i cant remember who it was, think it was abelyid, but apparently the ball at his feet isnt one of Lloris' stronger points.

This is just Deschamps being a douchebag because it doesn't bode well for him to select a keeper for the national team that isn't starting at the time for his club. There is no issue, Lloris trains with the team after the international break, Friedel gets the nod against Reading, Lloris plays against Lazio and after that it's anyones game.....

another hypothetical (can i just say that i agree with you, experts out there in the world of football i am 1100000% positive they know their brick and have all deemed him one of the best around so yes i agre with what you've said)...what if he is THAT good, that he doesnt work hard in training? but brad does...who would you play?

If Lloris was obviously the better of the two but didn't work hard in training and Brad did.....(I'm slightly embarrassed to say) I'd still play Lloris.

Then bring in fines for being brick in training or something. :-"

i cant remember who it was, think it was abelyid, but apparently the ball at his feet isnt one of Lloris' stronger points.

I've read some other stuff saying that he is capable of taking the ball. I guess it may not be what he is known for but I think he may be more capable than Brad with the ball at his feet. I'm not sure.

I've given up trying to figure out what is going to happen this season though, it's all been very confusing this last few weeks.

This is just Deschamps being a douchebag because it doesn't bode well for him to select a keeper for the national team that isn't starting at the time for his club. There is no issue, Lloris trains with the team after the international break, Friedel gets the nod against Reading, Lloris plays against Lazio and after that it's anyones game.....

Pretty much my take - Deschamps is meddling where he shouldnt be.

Lloris is yet to even train with us, he needs to settle in, get to know the set up and the manager. If all he has done is reacted to a leading quote then its a storm in a tea cup

Sorry, but the GK position seems to be less of an urgency, why spend on loris when we could use the money elsewhere ? Friedel is quality, old maybe so we should have got a star youngster who isn't expecting first team Footy.

Rather a useless situation IMO. Either use loris as 1st choice or not buy him. Who sanctioned this, did avb ask for him ?

If Lloris was obviously the better of the two but didn't work hard in training and Brad did.....(I'm slightly embarrassed to say) I'd still play Lloris.

Then bring in fines for being brick in training or something. :-"

dont be embarrased, because i think you'll find that this is what managers are encouraged to do from the suits. its a necessary evil in many levels of football right down to the grass roots..or near enough.

this is what i was trying to get at...alot of times the athlete posses most of the control especially if they are talented. its easy to say that "if you impress in training then you get the shirt"..but it doesnt always work like that

I've read some other stuff saying that he is capable of taking the ball. I guess it may not be what he is known for but I think he may be more capable than Brad with the ball at his feet. I'm not sure.

I've given up trying to figure out what is going to happen this season though, it's all been very confusing this last few weeks.

im glad you,re honest about that, i havent had a clue what was going to happen since we were rumoured to be after avb. felt very 'not with it' seeing everyone jibber jabber on about his tactics.

it really is confusing what he wants to do. right now i havent seen anything that i didnt see rdknapp employ successfully (aside from the way siggy is used compared to vdv. but that could be harry playing to vdv's strengths)

transition season personified. honestly dont think the chairman were sold the dream by avb with he idea that europe overall CL or uefa would be in jeapordy

Back