• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

i'm sure he's different than brad, better in many ways, and perhaps even in a few.... but how much more improvement will there be if he were there if we can't defend with our outfield players?

We haven't shelled out £12 million for Lloris to sit on the bench behind a 41 year old. Within three weeks he'll be a starter...

Seriously brad has not even been suspended in 8 years. Is that good decision making or is he glued to the line. I do rate brad highly and I think it will be longer than a few weeks before Hugo starts in the league.

We haven't shelled out £12 million for Lloris to sit on the bench behind a 41 year old. Within three weeks he'll be a starter...

then we have a £12 million keeper conceding goals in the last few minutes of the game instead :)

my point is rather our defence needs relooking - and especially how the CB + keeper should push out the line the moment the ball is cleared, and how we should be throwing our bodies at crosses coming into the box (defenders always get right of way and benefit of the doubt). hoping to see Loris put his stamp here.

I don't see much wrong with Friedal to be honest. Lloris might get us five more points this season. He might not. Moutinho would have brought us a fudge load more than that I'd say.

From what I saw on MOTD Freidel kept us in the game yesterday, our best player. He might be 41 but there's not much better in the league.
We probably needed to get Lloris, keepers of that quality don't become available very often. He'll just need to be patient because I don't see any reason to drop Brad anytime soon.
What I don't understand is why Gomes and Cudicini are still at the club, they both need to move on.

My guess is that Lloris will start against Lazio and Carlisle. If he does well in those games I think we might see him playing in the EPL.

France manager Didier Deschamps has indicated that goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is unhappy with comments made by new club boss Andre Villas-Boas, just four days after his move to White Hart Lane.

Lloris left Lyon for Tottenham in an £8million move on Friday, with the clear intention of taking the number one shirt from Brad Friedel.

With Friedel now 41, it appeared Lloris, 16 years his junior, had been brought in with the idea of replacing the veteran American.

But Friedel responded to his arrival by producing one of the performances of his career against Norwich on Saturday, prompting Villas-Boas to say that Lloris would have a fight on his hands to win a starting spot.

That does not appear to have gone down too well Lloris, who linked up with the national team yesterday.

Speaking at their base in Clairefontaine, Deschamps, in comments reported by L'Equipe, said: "Hugo has not appreciated the statements of his coach.

"I am not going to create a problem that I do not need today.

"But if it were to happen then it would need some consideration.

"I do not want Hugo to find himself in this situation."

Don't worry, AVB will just wait until Brad has an average game or Lloris plays well in the League Cup or Europa League and then he'll get the nod in the Premier League.

Don't worry, AVB will just wait until Brad has an average game or Lloris plays well in the League Cup or Europa League and then he'll get the nod in the Premier League.

Its more to do with the menatlity of someone thats been bought. Thought we would have screened for egos a nd ego issues after what AVB went through. i actually thought that was why Lloris was targeted...i.e young and professional (looking at his CV and the responsibilities given early on)

The only thing I'm worried about is if Lloris expects to just walk in the team without having to prove himself. Doesn't speak much for his character if so....

where's the professionalism all round. Ultimately I don't know what Hugo had been told, but it's unfair on Brad of course, to just step aside. It should be on a level playing field. Personally I like Brad, but he does have a reluctance to come of his line sometimes. He is a real figure of stability, and where Gomes has positives and negatives, so does Brad.

Age will of course be a huge factor here. Lloris will hopefully be our goalkeeper for years to come, as long as he is good!

Its more to do with the menatlity of someone thats been bought. Thought we would have screened for egos a nd ego issues after what AVB went through. i actually thought that was why Lloris was targeted...i.e young and professional (looking at his CV and the responsibilities given early on)

Lloris hasn't said anything though, has he? Well he probably expressed his concern in private. Its Deschamps (probably in response to a direct media question about AVB's quotes) that has commented. Even then he even said ' i don't want to create a problem before i know there is one '

Basically they're saying that if Lloris ends up sitting on the bench and not playing then it will look like a bad move for LLoris and affect both him and France, who will not want their no. 1 not playing.

I don't see the issue here. Normal media sensationalist gonad*s.

Whilst the jury is well and truly out on AVB this is a hack job to kick a man when he is down.

He drops Brad and he would get slaughtered

He does not play Hugo, he gets slaughtered

He just can not win...........

This is a pretty big concern.

You would hope he would be willing to challenge Brad for his place and prove himself worthy. After all if he think he's deserving of first place, he must think himself that much better then him.

Whilst the jury is well and truly out on AVB this is a hack job to kick a man when he is down.

This.
The media will NOT be happy until he's out. His tenure is going to be a bumpy ride all round

Pretty much this. If either of them make a mistake the Media go nuts and declare that the other should have played.

Back