• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

this guy better live up to the hype or some major egg is going to find its way to people's faces LOL

Any egg on faces for those going on about how everyone should just stop discussing Lloris or some other new goalkeeper because AVB said we had 3 good keepers so we wouldn't be signing anyone?

im over the moon with this signing. I said he was the first signing I wanted yesterday and we got him. Moutinho would have been nice but would prefer this one over Moutinho I think.

We've just signed one of the best keepers in the world and his thread is "only" 3pages long.
We've had goalkeeping problems for how long now? Brad was great last season but him being 41yrs WAS a problem.
We've just signed Hugo Lloris, the French national keeper, admired and respected and he seems to actually want to be here and only a few people seem to realise what we now have keeping goal for us. Incredible.

Once people are done spitting the dummy out over Moutinho and whatnot they'll hopefully come to realise what an amazing deal Levy & co have pulled off here.

Once people are done spitting the dummy out over Moutinho and whatnot they'll hopefully come to realise what an amazing deal Levy & co have pulled off here.

Speaking for myself and possibly others I also think it's a result of people not having seen him much. I find it very difficult to make my mind up on goalkeepers without seeing them for an extended period of time so the excitement is more from his reputation and we've all been disappointed by someone with a high reputation more than once so it's easier to be a bit cautious.

But anyway, he's gonna be fudging excellent. I know it.

Unbelievable signing, klinsmannesque signing.
Captain of his country, 25, already regarded by many as one of the top 5 keepers in Europe, will only get better, could be our numero une for a decade.
Champs league experience, winning mentality.
All in all, quite a marquee signing, maybe not the one everyone wanted, maybe we all judge marquee in a different way, just because he won't score 30 goals a season, doesn't mean he wont win us games.

Over the Moon

Hugo, numero une
Hugo, Hugo, numero une,

As long as he is as reliable as Freidel I'm happy. I don't care about the saves a keeper makes if he is liable for 5 or 6 goals a season through mistakes like Gomes was.

If he is as reliable as Freidel and as good a shot stopper as Gomes then we have a world class goalkeeper. It'll take a full season to really judge.

GG hype machine in full effect. This guy sounds like Jennings, Shilton, Zenga, Zoff, Neuer and Schmeichel rolled into one.

Plus he is as comfortable on the ball as Xavi.

Caqnt wait to see it in action. Hope hes half as good as the rave reviews on here - we'll have an all time great.

So which one of our keepers will not get a spot in the 25 man squad?

Surely one will have to go to Russia, be loaned to the Championship or be released on a free to even be allowed to play before Jan.

Cudicini is on the bench again and I assume AVB knows him from Chelsea. If I was Gomes I would be worried.

The french are not happy because apparently after the game AVB said that LLoris was going to be n°2.

Has has to say that right now doesn't he? Friedel was MOTM today so hard to say anything other than positive about him. Lloris will come in soon even if it will be hard for Friedel to take (and if that happens I would say Friedel deserves to be playing regularly somewhere else such has been the quality of his performances for us, but even if he stays he will behave with absolute professionalism).

This is awesome.
I worried about the deal falling through for some reason so it is delightful to discover it has actually happened.
A world class keeper. Could be around for years.
Such a key player that could turn some losses into draws, or draws into victories.

Back