• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I have always thought Ben Foster is a good keeper and has been for a long time ( MOM for Utd in the final against us) Not for one minute am i saying we should get him though.

All this talk of De Gea playing great against us is wrong, IMHO.

Aside from one very good save with his feet we put EVERY SINGLE BLOODY SHOT right into his arms.

Whole goal to shoot at? Aim at the keeper...

We made him look incredible, fact is had Lloris let in any of the shots De Gea stopped we would have been livid (barring that one very good save).

But of course, now he is a worldie again...

I have always thought Ben Foster is a good keeper and has been for a long time ( MOM for Utd in the final against us) Not for one minute am i saying we should get him though.
I would have taken him as 2nd choice in the summer - before I realised Gazza was very good

and @StephenH I agree about Flapianksi. H his a very decent keeper but hasn't played at a big club yet

Cech, are you serious? the guy is not in the top 10 keepers in the PL, hasn't been for at least 2-3 years ...
De Gea is the best keeper in that list and he has had a really brick first half of season (basically most games before his blinder with us)
I don't think any of the other 3 are miles ahead (as I said, De Gea/Neuer were above others for while, those guys are all 2nd tier like Lloris)

And to your specific comment re competition, do any of those sides have a back up keeper really pushing for a first team spot?

Here's the reality check, keeper position is not a priority for us

- Even if we have 150M to spend in summer, nobody is even going to contemplate a keeper buy other than perhaps releasing Vorm and getting a young English keeper that doesn't take up a overseas spot.

It feels like we give the opposition a free goal in every game lately.

All this talk of De Gea playing great against us is wrong, IMHO.

Aside from one very good save with his feet we put EVERY SINGLE BLOODY SHOT right into his arms.

Whole goal to shoot at? Aim at the keeper...

We made him look incredible, fact is had Lloris let in any of the shots De Gea stopped we would have been livid (barring that one very good save).

But of course, now he is a worldie again...

True... although Jenas did some good analysis on Match of the Day 2 and pointed out how much better de Gea’s positioning was than Lloris, who was stood ahead of his near post for their goal which gave Rashford a much bigger gap to shoot for than any of our players had that day.

And despite the mistakes he’s still made a ton of amazing saves that have kept us in games. I’m sure none of us on here ever make a mistake at work.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not having a go at Hugo because he is making mistakes. For me, he's our undisputed number 1 and he's the best keeper I've ever seen at Spurs (that includes Clemence, Erik The Viking, Robbo at his best etc). But he was so good for the first few seasons he came in and rarely, if ever, cost us a goal. Now he's costing us goals consistently and has done for the last few seasons. He's 32 so not old for a goalkeeper. I'm just confused over what's caused the increase in mistakes.

True... although Jenas did some good analysis on Match of the Day 2 and pointed out how much better de Gea’s positioning was than Lloris, who was stood ahead of his near post for their goal which gave Rashford a much bigger gap to shoot for than any of our players had that day.
There was an incident against Watford where Deeney shot from a tight angle and tried to claim a corner off Lloris, it looked to me then that he was covering past the near post which leaves more of the far side open.

He isn't making more mistakes, everyone has just got a bit carried away with gazzaniga and are being over critical of LLoris.

LLoris always made mistakes, otherwise we wouldnt of been able to buy him and keep him.

Need to wait for Toby to leave, sort out the RB issue both another season, and then assess if we need to change the Keeper
We dont need to add Gazzinga into current situation, its neither in his or our best interests

Pretty fair comments there and I am certainly a little guilty myself...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I still think the issue lies more in the rather pourous midfield in front of them...

I think he looks less solid now than when Paulinho and Capoue were our midfielders and if there’s a less solid midfielder on the planet than Paulinho when he was with us, I hope that midfielder never blights our club.

Maybe I’m misremembering his first few seasons and he did make as many mistakes.

I was just thinking more in terms of the team under Poch the last few seasons.

A very hard team to get chances against, meaning Lloris had to be sharp on a few occasions a game and that was it.

Cant say we are like that right now...

Lloris often has poor positioning i.e. too far outside his post etc. I think it is because he sprints out so far and so fast, he obviously would find it harder to keep his bearings re: the goal.

Likewise he is often backpedalling and falling backwards in a goalmouth scramble, so he is unable to stand tall and block the shot.

And remember against Barca when he charged out after 2 minutes and left the goal wide open?

BUTTTTTT having said all that, he is a very good keeper - he saves loads of shots, he prevents loads of shots by rushing out so fast. So I do like him and rate him.

David De Gea would look awful in our team as he plays in his 6 yard box and never leaves, he also deals with crosses like a vampire. Yes he is arguably the best shot stopper there is

Hugo suits our game and has had some great games that get quickly forgotten

V9iKkYY.jpg

He scores when he wants...:D

Back