• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

No question it’s the right call to start him tonight he’s the club captain and number 1 and it would have taken a lot more than Gazza Has shown to displace him.

I hope so, as i am a fan of his and I love his style of keeping.

But it seems the errors are increasing in number.

Completely agree, this could be a fork in the road of his career.

Reminds me of Robinson, one minute he was unquestionably the best keeper in the PL, the next he was something quite different.

If he's any sort of captain, he should come out and take full responsibility, and apologize to the team and fans. It was a shocking display from our captain!

Rusty. In hindsight, perhaps another game's rest would've been better, but with the injuries to our top players, Hugo would always play in a game like this if available.

It wasn’t rusty it was just plain stupid. Keepers do these things as it’s part of their make up it seems

It was just bizarre as he was neither tackling the man or blocking a pass... he was kind of anticipating something I assume that was never gonna happen

It wasn’t rusty it was just plain stupid. Keepers do these things as it’s part of their make up it seems

It was just bizarre as he was neither tackling the man or blocking a pass... he was kind of anticipating something I assume that was never gonna happen

I imagine the managers last words

“Don’t do anything stupid and stick to the game plan”

90 seconds later Hugo does that.

We seem to have a keeper error most games this year.

I imagine the managers last words

“Don’t do anything stupid and stick to the game plan”

90 seconds later Hugo does that.

We seem to have a keeper error most games this year.

Conclusion?
I say this because last I think playing Gazzaniga would have felt wrong!
This morning I’m not so sure.
Hugo has to cut that brain fart play out. He is a serial offender.

Last edited:
WjjWMu8.gif

Must admit, I was concerned about how he might cope in a big game after everything that's gone on recently. Perhaps Pochettino hasn't done him any favours putting him straight back in the side last night. Does he drop him again now, though, and maybe risk him spiralling into a crisis of confidence, or does he show him some faith and see if he can play himself back into form?

Great keeper, glad he's our captain and all that, but...

has he ever played a worse game than tonight?

No. Never gone down the road of calling him world class like some have but he is making a few mistakes lately. However it was the right thing for Poch to do when bringing his back.

I’m fed up with our players publicly owning their mistakes and then doing it again a fortnight later, I’d rather they shut the fudge up and learn the lesson.

Indeed.

Quality keeper who needs to sort his head out - end of. Btw he was sold a brick sandwich by Sanchez for their second goal.

Does anyone wonder whether this season could be the last chance saloon for Lloris as undesputed number one GK not to mention captain?
I ask this because Poch may review his number of blunders in the big key games and wonder if the number of these start to outweigh the number of times he keeps us from losing in said games. Just thinking of @BrainOfLevy comments this season about Poch setting a 'higher bar of tolerance' in that he will tolerate a lot less 'mollycoddling' after 4 years; Poch might think he needs to cut out the 'Lloris factor' from how we do in such games to enable us to fully reach our potential and get that 'winning m.e.n.t.a.l.i.t.y.' Of course, the drink-drive incident may also in Poch's mind mean Lloris may be considered quietly a liability (i mean what was he doing getting so drunk days before a crunch game at Old Trafford)?

Thoughts?

Does anyone wonder whether this season could be the last chance saloon for Lloris as undesputed number one GK not to mention captain?
I ask this because Poch may review his number of blunders in the big key games and wonder if the number of these start to outweigh the number of times he keeps us from losing in said games. Just thinking of @BrainOfLevy comments this season about Poch setting a 'higher bar of tolerance' in that he will tolerate a lot less 'mollycoddling' after 4 years; Poch might think he needs to cut out the 'Lloris factor' from how we do in such games to enable us to fully reach our potential and get that 'winning m.e.n.t.a.l.i.t.y.' Of course, the drink-drive incident may also in Poch's mind mean Lloris may be considered quietly a liability (i mean what was he doing getting so drunk days before a crunch game at Old Trafford)?

Thoughts?

If we have a limited budget then Hugo should be number 1 for years to come. We have several areas to improve well before Hugo's.

Firstly i have never believed in that Lloris is a world class keeper, he is a very good one no doubt but he has never reached the world class label for me. However i do not see that many keepers around that we could get to replace him ( at this time) so i see no reason he will not be our num one for a while yet.

He's still in the top 3 keepers in the world (him Alison and Courtois were the only 3 to make Ballon d'Or)

We'd only replace him with someone in the top 30-50 group, like Butland.

Firstly i have never believed in that Lloris is a world class keeper, he is a very good one no doubt but he has never reached the world class label for me. However i do not see that many keepers around that we could get to replace him ( at this time) so i see no reason he will not be our num one for a while yet.

I don't know, some of his goal saving interventions are top 20 keeper material. He regularly saves goals and stops shots that 'should be' a goal. Without some of his sweeper moves, amazing shot stopping we would conceed more. Occasionally he gets the sweeping wrong, like when he was rusty against Barca, but it is extremely rare. It is amazing he doesn't make more bo bos. I don't think there are 20 other better keepers than him. Whether that makes him 'world class' or not I don't know?

This man is talking sense.

Back