• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

He's pulled out of the French squad.
So that knock he got in the second half must have been serious enough.
I expect Vorm to play at the weekend.

Hugo had an excellent game against Madrid, again. Great from the captain to play through the pain and get us safely over the line. He can rest for a couple of weeks now.

One thing I noticed last night -- which to me seems like a conscious improvement that has been made -- is how we play out from the back with things like goalkicks. We have our defenders drop back to receive the short ball, as we have always had under Poch. Sometimes this pass isn't on. In the past, we tried to play anyway and could get into trouble against better teams. Or, Hugo would kick it long, while the players were slowly pushing up from the prior position of waiting for a short pass, and we'd struggle with the 2nd ball, our players would be too deep and get charged at by opposing players who won the goal-kick.

The change I noticed is that when Hugo tells them to push up (there won't be a short pass) he kicks his long kick really high into the air. This gives the players pushing up time to get back into a better position for when the 2nd ball comes. I've never seen Hugo kick the ball as high as he has done in certain games lately, I think it might be something he has tried to add to his game, or something he's decided to use to benefit the team. Anyway, I like it! Reminds me of Robbo.

I just saw Pickford's display for Everton against Watford. He came racing out and Richarlison skipped round him but failed to score the open goal.
Then later on he came racing out and Richarlison skipped round him and scored.
Then later on he came racing out and missed the ball...

Such basic errors, all in one game

I just saw Pickford's display for Everton against Watford. He came racing out and Richarlison skipped round him but failed to score the open goal.

Still my favourite of all the England goalkeepers.

Pickford produces some MOTD worthy saves, which isn't surprising given how many chances his teams concede every game, but I don't really rate him at all. All keepers at this level are capable of that, it's all the other stuff that determine how good they really are.

I question his decision making at times - not moving v Rondon at Wembley, moving too early v Vardy at lessturr last night.

And I must keep reminding myself that he is our captain - sorry, but sort out that defense then man !

Something's missing (begins with T), is it that simple, is he really that key ??

I question his decision making at times - not moving v Rondon at Wembley, moving too early v Vardy at lessturr last night.

And I must keep reminding myself that he is our captain - sorry, but sort out that defense then man !

Something's missing (begins with T), is it that simple, is he really that key ??
I really don't think Lloris can be blamed at all for the goal yesterday. Staying on his line in a position to save that chip would have meant leaving Vardy with enough space to have a poor first touch and still be in loads of space to smash it in.

I really don't think Lloris can be blamed at all for the goal yesterday. Staying on his line in a position to save that chip would have meant leaving Vardy with enough space to have a poor first touch and still be in loads of space to smash it in.

Not to blame for either goal last night. Did everything right.

Back