• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Good save today, though he was unusually indecisive for their goal. I was expecting to see him rushing out and getting to the ball, but he never appeared. He's normally so good at that.

Good to see him tell the defenders to push out when the short pass was too risky. Kick it long, win the 2nd ball, we are bloody good at it!

I've got a new game. It's watching every goal on MotD and wondering whether Lloris would have saved it. In most cases, he does. That's how good he is.

I love Hugo, possibly my favourite player, but not sure I'm happy about the narrative following for this game.
Makes it look like Liverpool battered us and only Hugo kept us in the game.
He had to make one great save and one decent one.
Glad to fly under the radar and have most of the focus on Liverpool woes, but it's going a bit too far imho

Good save today, though he was unusually indecisive for their goal. I was expecting to see him rushing out and getting to the ball, but he never appeared. He's normally so good at that.

Good to see him tell the defenders to push out when the short pass was too risky. Kick it long, win the 2nd ball, we are bloody good at it!
I don't think he could've come out for their goal. When the pass was played, we had both Aurier and Sanches in a reasonable position and my thoughts as the pass was hit was that Salah would have to simply take it out wide if he was able to get to the ball at all.

I love Hugo, possibly my favourite player, but not sure I'm happy about the narrative following for this game.
Makes it look like Liverpool battered us and only Hugo kept us in the game.
He had to make one great save and one decent one.
Glad to fly under the radar and have most of the focus on Liverpool woes, but it's going a bit too far imho
Indeed.... whereas Son hit the bar from one excellent move and also didn't take advantage when through one on one with a miss-hit shot. The flying save that Lloris made was a fantastic save, but the chance was no better than the one Kane had in the first half when he somehow escaped 4 defenders and hit a tame shot wide. The XG for yesterday's game was something like 1.9 v 0.6 so that tells us that it wasn't a close game.

I don't think he could've come out for their goal. When the pass was played, we had both Aurier and Sanches in a reasonable position and my thoughts as the pass was hit was that Salah would have to simply take it out wide if he was able to get to the ball at all.
My thought watching on TV was where is Lloris - he wasnt in camera shot and was expecting him to come into shot rushing out to sweep. Not to say he should have come out, but I was certainly expecting to - he has done in most similar situations.....

He was also positioned at the edge of the box when Liverpool broke, and had to back off quickly when Henderson struck that very good pass. That would've made it harder to position himself too.

My thought watching on TV was where is Lloris - he wasnt in camera shot and was expecting him to come into shot rushing out to sweep. Not to say he should have come out, but I was certainly expecting to - he has done in most similar situations.....
I don't expect the keeper to come and attempt to claim it in that position. Firstly Liverpool had only just turned over possession so Lloris probably wouldn't have been in his usual 'defensive' position. Secondly the ball was hit towards the wider area of the pitch as opposed to centrally, lastly we had two (fast) players in the foot race with Salah. If Lloris commits to trying to reach that ball then he risks a red card, but also risks leaving an open goal for Salah to play it into if he reaches the ball first (as he would've done IMO).

I don't expect the keeper to come and attempt to claim it in that position. Firstly Liverpool had only just turned over possession so Lloris probably wouldn't have been in his usual 'defensive' position. Secondly the ball was hit towards the wider area of the pitch as opposed to centrally, lastly we had two (fast) players in the foot race with Salah. If Lloris commits to trying to reach that ball then he risks a red card, but also risks leaving an open goal for Salah to play it into if he reaches the ball first (as he would've done IMO).
Salah received the ball well into our box. I think Lloris would have gotten there comfortably had he gone for it.

Can be difficult to judge both the pass and the opponent with someone as quick as Salah. Not like Lloris errs on the side of caution too much in those situations. But he got that one wrong imo. That one being a somewhat marginal call.

Fun how we expect Lloris to save things now, Coutinho save and two kick saves worth mentioning yesterday.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but his distribution in last few games actually seems better (throw obviously, but even when he kicked long)

It was Vertonghen that Salah outpaced. Aurier tried to get back from out wide but had too much to do. Sanchez was nowhere near the play.
Salah caught up with the ball 12 yards out, Lloris actually could have just stood still or walked slowly and picked it up, but I am not blaming him on this occasion.

Back