• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I wonder if Hugo does it deliberately the way he kicks towards Walker or Davies from the floor and plants it just a yard too high for them to do anything with it.... he must do it five/six times a game.....why bother!!

Doesn't he practice them at all?

I wonder if Hugo does it deliberately the way he kicks towards Walker or Davies from the floor and plants it just a yard too high for them to do anything with it.... he must do it five/six times a game.....why bother!!

Doesn't he practice them at all?
He does loads of those passes in the warm up and I'm sure it's part of day to day training.

Just when I thought I couldn't like him more.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/tottenham-star-reveals-never-ask-selfie-uncomfortable-social-media/

“Personally, I see it as discretion. I was brought up like that. You can be discreet but have a big personality. They’re two different things. Especially in today’s society where it’s easy to put yourself forward through social media. It’s not something I’m comfortable with, which is why I’m not on any of them.”

This makes me feel deeply uneasy. It's understandable, but it's the club's job to disassociate loyalty to Mauricio Pochettino from loyalty to Tottenham Hotspur, the entity that pays Lloris his wages. Maybe one day we can happily afford Poch a Bill Nic-esque status that allows him to conflate personal and club loyalty if it helps us get to where we want to be...but we're not there yet, and we exist in a footballing world where loyalties and priorities shift at the drop of a hat.

Poch is a good young manager, and might well become great in time. But, unless he demonstrates some sort of exceptional loyalty to us, his career and impact on the club should be firewalled a bit in terms of keeping it separate from the development of a core of committed young players long-term. I acknowledge that it will be devilshly hard to do because a) Poch seems like a thoroughly decent, committed chap and it feels really bad having to advocate taking containment measures against him, and b) our young players owe their development and careers to him in many cases, making them even more fiercely loyal to him than they otherwise would be to a more hands-off coach.

But realpolitik dictates that we tone down this sort of thing if we can. We aren't MoPo FC, we're Tottenham - and although Poch may well earn our full, unqualified trust in time (if he stays around for long enough and commits his future conclusively enough), we're better off nipping any future Soton-esque player revolt (in the event of Poch leaving) in the bud at this time, if that's even possible.

This makes me feel deeply uneasy. It's understandable, but it's the club's job to disassociate loyalty to Mauricio Pochettino from loyalty to Tottenham Hotspur, the entity that pays Lloris his wages. Maybe one day we can have afford Poch a Bill Nic-esque status that allows him to conflate personal and club loyalty if it helps us get to where we want to be...but we're not there yet, and we exist in a footballing world where loyalties and priorities shift at the drop of a hat.

Poch is a good young manager, and might well become great in time. But, unless he demonstrates some sort of exceptional loyalty to us, his career and impact on the club should be firewalled a bit in terms of keeping it separate from the development of a core of committed young players long-term. I acknowledge that it will be devilshly hard to do because a) Poch seems like a thoroughly decent, committed chap and it feels really bad having to advocate taking surreptitious measures against him, and b) our young players owe their development and careers to him in many cases, making them even more fiercely loyal to him than they otherwise would be to a more hands-off coach.

But realpolitik dictates that we tone down this sort of thing if we can. We aren't MoPo FC, we're Tottenham - and although Poch may well earn our full, unqualified trust in time (if he stays around for long enough and commits his future conclusively enough), we're better off nipping any future Soton-esque player revolt (in the event of Poch leaving) in the bud, if that's even possible.

Lloris would have left in summer 2014 if Poch hadn't wooed him

Lloris would have left in summer 2014 if Poch hadn't wooed him

I know, which is why I acknowledge that it'll be bloody hard to convince players that Tottenham Hotspur as an entity is as deserving of their loyalty as Mauricio Pochettino is as an individual.

But it has to be done for now, I feel. In the future we can revisit it if Poch becomes a club legend (or even if he just stays committed to us in the face of better offers, a la Wenger with Arsenal), but at present the Tottenham - Poch relationship hasn't yet been tested to the point where we can be comfortable with players arguably confusing loyalty to the coach with loyalty to the club.

Not really something you can manage so no use worrying about it - strong managers will command respect and earn loyalty, best thing to do is ensure Pochettino has the full backing of the club and sees his long term future here

I know Hugo saved a pen in Monaco and think he also saved one against Aguero a couple seasons back but apart from those two does he ever even go the right way...conceded another two during the international break to Luxembourg and Spain and I'm sure reports said he went the wrong way for both!

I know Hugo saved a pen in Monaco and think he also saved one against Aguero a couple seasons back but apart from those two does he ever even go the right way...conceded another two during the international break to Luxembourg and Spain and I'm sure reports said he went the wrong way for both!

No, he is linked to another team so he is obviously brick now.

Sorry. . . . . thought i was an Arsenal fan for a minute.

Maybe he commits early, and the penalty takers see this and roll it the other way.

I know, which is why I acknowledge that it'll be bloody hard to convince players that Tottenham Hotspur as an entity is as deserving of their loyalty as Mauricio Pochettino is as an individual.

But it has to be done for now, I feel. In the future we can revisit it if Poch becomes a club legend (or even if he just stays committed to us in the face of better offers, a la Wenger with Arsenal), but at present the Tottenham - Poch relationship hasn't yet been tested to the point where we can be comfortable with players arguably confusing loyalty to the coach with loyalty to the club.

And further to that:

http://www.football365.com/news/lloris-reveals-reason-for-staying-at-tottenham

“The main reason is Mauricio Pochettino. That’s the truth and I cannot hide that.”

The France star has previously stated that his future is “tied” to Pochettino and it now clear what he means by those comments.

“It’s very clear. It just means I have a lot of respect for the man, a lot of respect for the manager.

“We have a great connection and when you get something strong like that, it’s never easy to find it again in your life or in your career. It’s very simple.

“And then, in football, everything is impossible. The only thing that I know is that I enjoy my time at Tottenham and especially under Mauricio Pochettino. I believe that with him the club can reach the level we all want.

“I still remember the first time I spoke to him by phone, just a few days after he signed here as manager. It was very simple. He tried to describe his philosophy of football, the way he wants to play, the way he wants the team to work. And his ambition. He’s a winner and he has a lot of ambition, individually.

“He has created something very special inside this building [Hotspur Way] because I can tell you that the club we are at the moment is not the same as it was before he signed. I could talk a lot about him but this is not the right place.”

His general outlook and analysis is wise too

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ue-failure-success-is-a-process-a3518986.html

"At some other clubs, in England, France, Spain, Italy or Germany, they are used to winning a lot of trophies," Lloris told ESPN FC.

"They are big institutions and all the players respect those institutions.

"That's the way to follow, but you cannot arrive one day and say, 'I want to change everything', and then win.

"You need to take time, build up something strong step-by-step, and you need to live through experiences.

"Even like this season - in the Champions League it was a failure but we need to go through this kind of moment to improve. It's a process."

"Around me I feel players who are motivated and involved towards the club,"

"We share the same values as men and as footballers and I really enjoy my time at Tottenham.

"It's an interesting time - we are close to the end of the season and we are still involved in two competitions and we want to go as far as possible."

Back