• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Huuuuugggoooooo. I'll support his corner, he started the game well, made a couple of key saves. Yes, his mistakes were costly. Yes, he shouldn't have made them. But, every player makes mistakes, and it's down to the team to help him out...today, by achieving the 2-2 they did. On another day, he'll be helping out others by making key saves when others may have faltered. Hopefully no one is too hard on him, and realises that he's a top keeper, in spite of his bad day at the football pitch office.

I doubt any real fans are going to be hard on him, every player makes mistakes in most game but as a keeper these mistakes are more obvious. He has saved us on a few occasions and is up there with the best around.

Well it's the same size as every other pitch in the Premier League (aside from Stamford Bridge, Anfield, Goodison and Selhurst Park) so you'd think our players would've got used to playing 105 x 68 metres over the past 4.5 seasons.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/29/pochettino-pitch-size-does-matter

Ah. Didn't realize that pitch size was so widespread. But Poch acknowledges in that article that pitch size does matter, no? Maybe it does make a difference despite the fact that we have to play on pitches that size ten times a season (going by that article).

i reckon he had an eye on the charging player and duly missed the header.
why didn't he go for the ball at the edge of the box with one knee raised like all keepers love to do?

why didn't he go for the ball at the edge of the box with one knee raised like all keepers love to do?
worried about taking it out / being out of the area I guess - bad day at the office

Ah. Didn't realize that pitch size was so widespread. But Poch acknowledges in that article that pitch size does matter, no? Maybe it does make a difference despite the fact that we have to play on pitches that size ten times a season (going by that article).
That article was from 2014, it's now 15 Premier League games a season.

UEFA also specify a pitch size of 105 x 68 metres, which is what Wembley Stadium measures along with the pitches at all 3 away fixtures we played in the Champions League group stages.

Perhaps that's part of the reason we struggled so much, although Pochettino was bemoaning the compactness of WHL's pitch making it easier for away teams to sit deep against us.

I actually thought when I watched the slow mo that he tried to nod it across to Dier (I think) who was standing close by on the edge of the box rather than just clear his lines, and as a result missed the header. Trying to be too smart as my old man would have said. Watch the slow mo, he kind of turns his head as if to direct the header at the last minute.

Was having an argument with a Man U fan about who was better, Hugo or Ge Gea on the morning of the game. fudging typical!

I actually thought when I watched the slow mo that he tried to nod it across to Dier (I think) who was standing close by on the edge of the box rather than just clear his lines, and as a result missed the header. Trying to be too smart as my old man would have said. Watch the slow mo, he kind of turns his head as if to direct the header at the last minute.

Was having an argument with a Man U fan about who was better, Hugo or Ge Gea on the morning of the game. fudging typical!
Could be... One thing for sure, he didn't intend it to land squarely on sane's chest! In fact it loris had missed it I think it would have harmlessly passed ahead of sane.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That article was from 2014, it's now 15 Premier League games a season.

UEFA also specify a pitch size of 105 x 68 metres, which is what Wembley Stadium measures along with the pitches at all 3 away fixtures we played in the Champions League group stages.

Perhaps that's part of the reason we struggled so much, although Pochettino was bemoaning the compactness of WHL's pitch making it easier for away teams to sit deep against us.

Yeah, but if Pochettino was bemoaning the compactness of the Lane, he was at least acknowledging that the size of the pitch makes a difference (even if he was complaining about something diametrically opposite to what I'm suggesting). I have to admit that it's difficult to square the relative abundance of 105 x 68 metre pitches across England and in the CL with the idea that we particularly struggle to adapt to that pitch size...but I'm still unconvinced about the proposition that it doesn't make much of a difference. Just logically, a bigger pitch means more space to manage, more time to control the ball and spread it, more gaps between players...all of which is detrimental to a close pressing game. Surely that accounts for at least part of the difference between our WHL performances and our performances at places like the Etihad and Wembley.

Not knocking Hugo at all but those stats on distribution are slightly flawed in that most of those passes have been short and to unmarked defenders.
According to the comments on that tweet, Lloris' long passing (over 25 yards) is 6th best in the league at 47.5%.

Guess it's good for Spurs that he has a Persian flaw, otherwise Hugo would probably have joined Bale and Madrid at one of the continental giants by now.

Anyone see Lloris on football focus?, he spoke well and yet another of our players who suggests winning a trophy is the next step. Lets hope its the FA Cup.

Back