• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Setting aside his bad errors for the goals (rare for him) -- he really need to take charge when a team like City is stopping us from playing out from the back. When it's obviously not working, like today, then as captain he needs to tell the team to phuck off up the pitch and proceed to punt it long.

Setting aside his bad errors for the goals (rare for him) -- he really need to take charge when a team like City is stopping us from playing out from the back. When it's obviously not working, like today, then as captain he needs to tell the team to phuck off up the pitch and proceed to punt it long.

He tried, but tbh it's the size of the pitch that looked like it was causing us issues - even long punts up to Kane or whoever weren't useful in the least because City would react to the second ball much quicker than one of our lads.

Anyway, he had a bad game, no doubt about it. Kept us in it in the first half, but was single-handedly responsible for that two-goal deficit we clawed our way back from. Still, it's Hugo, so it's easily forgivable - he doesn't do that often.

he's got plenty of credit in the bank, hopefully he'll respond like he did after the last shocker

we'll see a lot of replays of the goals though, up there with some of Gomes' and Walkers worst moments

He tried, but tbh it's the size of the pitch that looked like it was causing us issues - even long punts up to Kane or whoever weren't useful in the least because City would react to the second ball much quicker than one of our lads.

Anyway, he had a bad game, no doubt about it. Kept us in it in the first half, but was single-handedly responsible for that two-goal deficit we clawed our way back from. Still, it's Hugo, so it's easily forgivable - he doesn't do that often.

The problem is that half our team are standing within 20 yards of our goal like dummies, waiting for an impossible short ball. If we all push up, then the 2nd ball is much easier to win. We have enough height and strength in the team to be able to do that imo.

The problem is that half our team are standing within 20 yards of our goal like dummies, waiting for an impossible short ball. If we all push up, then the 2nd ball is much easier to win. We have enough height and strength in the team to be able to do that imo.

I don't think so - else it wouldn't have been as easy for City to get in behind when they won possession as it proved to be. I think the back half of the team was caught in a weird half space - too far out to prevent the pacy City mids from breaking the offside trap with ease (forcing Lloris to come out of the box a *lot*), but too close to Lloris to help win the second-ball higher up the field.

Like I said, I think it's because of the pitch being larger than we're used to. It's a bit of a problem, and one we'll face until we adapt to pitches that size - because they'll be a permanent fixture in our future, be it at Wembley or at New WHL.

I don't think so - else it wouldn't have been as easy for City to get in behind when they won possession as it proved to be. I think the back half of the team was caught in a weird half space - too far out to prevent the pacy City mids from breaking the offside trap with ease (forcing Lloris to come out of the box a *lot*), but too close to Lloris to help win the second-ball higher up the field.

Like I said, I think it's because of the pitch being larger than we're used to. It's a bit of a problem, and one we'll face until we adapt to pitches that size - because they'll be a permanent fixture in our future, be it at Wembley or at New WHL.

I can't see it's the pitch, is it really THAT much bigger? They get in behind because when the ball is punted, the players of ours loafing around our box do push up -- they just started too far away from the action to do anything about the 2nd ball from the kick from Lloris. We did push every one forward for the odd long kick and it worked much better. I don't know why it takes so long to realise it for the players. We can't take liberties with the attackers Emirates Marketing Project have.

Huuuuugggoooooo. I'll support his corner, he started the game well, made a couple of key saves. Yes, his mistakes were costly. Yes, he shouldn't have made them. But, every player makes mistakes, and it's down to the team to help him out...today, by achieving the 2-2 they did. On another day, he'll be helping out others by making key saves when others may have faltered. Hopefully no one is too hard on him, and realises that he's a top keeper, in spite of his bad day at the football pitch office.

bad day at the office but he's still the joint 2nd best keeper in the league after de Gea and tied with ben foster

Wembley is going to be a bitch if we don't start to put some serious training time into this current pitch size problem.

I can't see it's the pitch, is it really THAT much bigger? They get in behind because when the ball is punted, the players of ours loafing around our box do push up -- they just started too far away from the action to do anything about the 2nd ball from the kick from Lloris. We did push every one forward for the odd long kick and it worked much better. I don't know why it takes so long to realise it for the players. We can't take liberties with the attackers Emirates Marketing Project have.

No, I don't think the defense + deep midfield was 'loafing' to the extent of leading to City getting behind the line into acres of space - if they were actually loafing, there would be very little space to get into behind them, but a *lot* in front of them to play in. I agree that they started too far from the action to get to 2nd balls, but they were also too far from Lloris to prevent runs in behind like Sterling's. Weirdly isolated from both the keeper and the forwards, and I put that down to the size of the pitch - it's pretty damned big when compared with the very tight space we have at the Lane.

Wembley is going to be a bitch if we don't start to put some serious training time into this current pitch size problem.

True. Same thing with New WHL, and any CL stadiums we encounter over the next few years. It's probably a problem that needs solving fast. Problem is, we can only solve it by getting matchday experience on big fields like that - and we won't get that until we're at Wembley already playing.

I put that down to the size of the pitch - it's pretty damned big when compared with the very tight space we have at the Lane.

106m in length versus 100m in length? 3 metres per half? Not that much.

A few times someone was caught offside and coming out, whilst others ran into the space... even Otamendi and Zaba FFS.

I'm not saying Hugo should be killed, but he should have his little fingers cut off... oh, hang on... maybe not

he's got plenty of credit in the bank, hopefully he'll respond like he did after the last shocker

we'll see a lot of replays of the goals though, up there with some of Gomes' and Walkers worst moments

Agree with the credit in the bank, players have off days, and on his on days he's saved plenty of points.

don't agree its in the top 10 worse conceded goals in PL this season, far less Gomes/Walker level brick ..

Back