• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

He is human

He just isn't as Hugo

They play a defensive long ball system yet let in a lot more goals than us

Yes his saves are flashy and yes he is a very good keeper but he simply isn't as good
We have been so lucky with Hugo. General consensus is we only got him because none of the 'big' clubs needed a keeper at the time. He came in without a bedding in period (ignore AVB's brick man management), and has been consistently good from the word go (not necessarily normal for someone new to the PL). I can't think of a bad game he's had for us, and the only criticism levelled at him is his kicking (he's no Bravo lol). He's been professional, loyal, a leader, and an outstanding servant to the club. I fudging love him. Salut, Monsieur Lloris!

I don't study other teams, but if de Gea is better than Lloris, he can't be human.

How you rate a player is first of all based on personal opinion.

Second, a goalkeeper is very much affected by how the team and outfield player are playing, more any other position I woud say. Like the old days of AVB, Hugo had many critics, but one the reason why he looked not as good as today, was that AVB didn't have the (defensive) players for the kind of game he wanted to play.

Or, if someone requested Hugo to stay on the line all the time, he would, most likely, looks like an ordinary keeper.

How you rate a player is first of all based on personal opinion.

Second, a goalkeeper is very much affected by how the team and outfield player are playing, more any other position I woud say. Like the old days of AVB, Hugo had many critics, but one the reason why he looked not as good as today, was that AVB didn't have the (defensive) players for the kind of game he wanted to play.

Or, if someone requested Hugo to stay on the line all the time, he would, most likely, looks like an ordinary keeper.
I don't agree Lloris looked bad under AVB, and he's not only about rushing off his line. Strange comment IMO.

I don't agree Lloris looked bad under AVB, and he's not only about rushing off his line. Strange comment IMO.

Just because you disagree, it dosen't mean that it was strange. He had a lot of critics at that time, valid or not depends on how you look at it. One thing is for sure, Hugo had to pick the ball out of the net many times those years and we had some awfuls results and the goalies main misson is to stop the ball from passing the line.

Just because you disagree, it dosen't mean that it was strange. He had a lot of critics at that time, valid or not depends on how you look at it. One thing is for sure, Hugo had to pick the ball out of the net many times those years and we had some awfuls results and the goalies main misson is to stop the ball from passing the line.

Erm...not really. Lloris had one-odd year playing first-team football under AVB - he came in on deadline day in August 2012, and was immediately benched in favour of Friedel for about a third of the season before finally taking over (conclusively) come the end of 2012/beginning of 2013. That middle and final third of 2012-2013 was brilliant from him - our high line was bailed out by his sweeper-keeping more than once, and he was easily good enough to keep Friedel out for the rest of the season and establish himself as No.1. Then, the first half of 2013-2014 was *okay* - he did well in tight games against lower teams, but was pretty awful in the thrashings we got in the build-up to AVB's dismissal at the end of the year.

But I don't think he was ever really bad enough to warrant serious criticism at any point in AVB's tenure - he was brilliant from day 1, as far as I can recall. Maybe there's a case for him being shaky under Sherwood, but even there, he saved our a*ses more than once while the rest of the team looked sh*te.

he wasn't benched, Friedel was the incumbent, Lloris had to win the spot

his kicking caused a lot of trouble early on as i recall, a problem exacerbated by the high line we played at the time

he wasn't benched, Friedel was the incumbent, Lloris had to win the spot

his kicking caused a lot of trouble early on as i recall, a problem exacerbated by the high line we played at the time
Brad was quite obviously the back up, and would've accepted being benched. It was just a silly ego trip by AVB showing who's boss - good way to tinkle off one of your most important players.

Reactions: DTA
Brad was quite obviously the back up, and would've accepted being benched. It was just a silly ego trip by AVB showing who's boss - good way to tinkle off one of your most important players.

there wasn't much between the performances early on iirc, Brad had excelled in the previous season and had earned the chance to fight to keep his place imo

there wasn't much between the performances early on iirc, Brad had excelled in the previous season and had earned the chance to fight to keep his place imo
True, but Brad was aging and was signed as a number two, Lloris was coming in as one of our best players of international standing, so it was inevitable he would be our number one. I don't remember Brad having a bad game, so it's not like he got dropped because of that, and all a bit silly IMO. The only thing to gain was tinkling off Lloris.

Reactions: DTA
True, but Brad was aging and was signed as a number two, Lloris was coming in as one of our best players of international standing, so it was inevitable he would be our number one. I don't remember Brad having a bad game, so it's not like he got dropped because of that, and all a bit silly IMO. The only thing to gain was tinkling off Lloris.

AVBs famed man management skills there.... Where is he plying his trade again now?

Great words from the captain. His intelligence and professionalism allied with concern for the team are really something special. We are so fortunate to have him.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/hugo-lloris-on-dele-alli-this-boy-has-something-special/
“He is a young player. But I have been in professional football for 12 years and one can say that he has something special, this boy. I love him, I like his personality, completely different to me, his carefree attitude. As soon as questions are asked of him, when he is in a difficult period, he reacts, he scores. I know what is ahead of him, praise, criticism, and as I have a very, very good relationship with him, I think that is is my role as captain to watch over that, to be there when things are not going so well. But he has something special.”

Back