• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ahem......

Monsieurs Poch and Levy....from the bottom of my heart, gentlemen...

post-18170-Great-Gatsby-toast-gif-Imgur-f-EnmX.gif

Sad to say I haven't even heard of them. So here they are:

When did you see your first game?
1953 aged 9 - courtesy of the club who in those days allowed kids from the convent I was at in Mill Hill free admission, otherwise who knows, I might never have become a fan.

No longer remember who we played that first time but saw very little of it anyway. There was no kids' section in those days so when the ground was full we would keep jumping up and down just to get a glimpse - much to the annoyance of all the adults around us. The kids who went with their dads were luckier because they were given stools to stand on.

Even so it was just great to be there, the theatre of it all was just magical to convent kids like us.

Absolutely delighted with this news! Lloris has for a long time been my 'favourite' Spurs player. To the point that instead of a home Spurs shirt, I have a home Spurs goalkeepers top with his name & number. Maybe sad to some, but oh well with Spurs, I don't care how sad people think I am. I love the club and the players and all to do with the club, they are my passion and they may disappoint occasionally but then they'll go and completely make my weekend! You'll always spot me in the crowd, when I can go, shouting 'Hugo' in support, every time the ball gets remotely close to him.

That we are getting our key players to sign long term contracts shows the players belief and confidence in our current progress. They must be happy to be where they are, and I am delighted by the strength of our team and passion that they show. With new stadium around the corner, time wise, we are very definitely heading in the right direction. Long may it continue!!

I admire your extreme levels of passion, but it is a shame you gave up on this season on the 11th December:

Given up on this season. We'll finish seventh and then lose Lloris, plus either Alli or Kane, maybe Alderweireld too. I don't know whether this malaise has come from, that seems to be an ever present these days. There is no cohesion, no drive and it looks like we'll struggle to score unless opponents simply give us the game.

After having previously pretty much given up on the title as early as the 29th October:

I have to agree. I've pretty much given up on the title already this season. Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, and more often than not Arsenal seem to be scoring for fun, whereas we barely score. So I can't see that changing as much as it would need to for us to win the title.

I admire your extreme levels of passion, but it is a shame you gave up on this season on the 11th December:

After having previously pretty much given up on the title as early as the 29th October:

I know, looks good doesn't it. But it's because I'm intense emotionally, and fall with whatever happens. If we win, that's it, we are the greatest team that the World has ever seen, but if we lose, then I'll be gutted, fed up with the performance and wanting to criticise everyone and thinking the worst. My view can be very 'in the moment'. That's how I am in life, and how I am with Spurs. And yet, I'll always want us to win. Bear in mind too that I have been going through personal brick, haven't we all, that has seen me have Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, be on maximum dose of Citalopram and dealing with an ex who has a very blinkered, selfish and Narcistic way of dealing with life. So, sometimes I may overreact. Yes. But I will be there for the next match and never give up, I can't give up. I am too entrenched within a World of Spurs to be able to walk away. And now, as no immediately recent games, I give a verdict clear of being swayed either way by just one performance, or result.

What an idiot. He's far too good to be playing for us. Can't believe that he's signed. Fantastic news as he's been our best player and the best keeper in the league this season.

Agree with that but going back a bit further I'd say Ted Ditchburn and Bill Brown were at least on a par with Lloris. Both won League Championship medals with Spurs, Brown managing a clutch of cup winner's medals to boot.

I never got to see Ditchburn play ( he had to quit before i started going to the Lane), as for Brown he was a top keeper no doubt about that, however i think that the role of a keeper has progressed since he was around ( i hardly saw Brown come of his line). And again i only watched him for a couple of seasons before Pat took over.

Out of curiosity who did you rate higher, Shilton or Clemence

I'm trying to gauge your opinion as I though Shilton was hugel over rated but I only saw him from about 85 onwards and not regular as I was a kid

Well personally i rated Clemence just above Shilton, they were both great keepers though. The England management
could not make their minds up and we went through a period of them taking it in turns to be the num 1. I always thought Clem was more agile then Shilton and was always on his toes ( he was probably the first sweeper keeper).

Shilton always seemed top heavy and was not very good at shots low and wide, as far as i can remember he never saved a penalty ( for England at least). At the end of the day though it was hard to choose between them and Shilts had 120 caps for England ( took him 20 years) and Clem got over 60 ( 10 years).

Well personally i rated Clemence just above Shilton, they were both great keepers though. The England management
could not make their minds up and we went through a period of them taking it in turns to be the num 1. I always thought Clem was more agile then Shilton and was always on his toes ( he was probably the first sweeper keeper).

Shilton always seemed top heavy and was not very good at shots low and wide, as far as i can remember he never saved a penalty ( for England at least). At the end of the day though it was hard to choose between them and Shilts had 120 caps for England ( took him 20 years) and Clem got over 60 ( 10 years).

Shelton for me moved like a statue... a slow one at that
He had no anticipation of any shots and treated rather than controlled everything

Clem I saw a bit but I'm too young

I really liked Chris Woods

The odd great shot stop doesn't make even a good keeper, far less a great.

Lloris has everything except great distribution, and his consistency is amazing ..

I agree, Gomes was a clown who lost the players in front of him because of his errors.

The odd great shot stop doesn't make even a good keeper, far less a great.

Lloris has everything except great distribution, and his consistency is amazing ..
Well to be fair, in Gomes' good season some of those saves were a bit more than regular. They were fairly incredible. For a season he was probably the best keeper in the league in my opinion. Mistakes were few and far between that season. Next season he was the worst keeper in the league.

Last edited:
Well to be fair, in Gomes' good season some of those saves were a bit more than regular, they were fairly incredible. For a season he was probably the best keeper in the league in my opinion. Mistakes were few and far between that season. Next season he was the worst keeper in the league.

Robbo and Sullivan both had exceptional seasons too, as did Friedel come to think of it

there was some "legend picks a 5-a-side team" thing on the PL coverage last week with Ledley, he named Gomes as the best had played with

Consistency is everything for a goalkeeper -- Lloris is the most consistently excellent we have had in the Premier League era.

I used to have a video where El Veg picked his best ever Spurs team, and he picked Ditchburn over Jennings. As I can't conceive of a goalkeeper being better than big Pat - assuming Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four is just a comic book creation and not a real person - then I guess Ted was pretty good, or El Veg just had a soft spot for him.
Or maybe Pat refused to back one of El Veg's hare-brained money-making schemes, or dissed his night-club singing, or something.
Either way, I wished I had visited Ted's sports shop in North Street, Romford, more often and got to know him.

Shelton for me moved like a statue... a slow one at that
He had no anticipation of any shots and treated rather than controlled everything

Clem I saw a bit but I'm too young

I really liked Chris Woods

Chris woods, must be one the most under rated keepers ever.

Back