• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How stupid are Americans?

Please could this be moved to random

Thereby showing how dumb I am by not looking and checking which forum I was posting it into........

I know, I know..........

Please could this be moved to random

Thereby showing how dumb I am by not looking and checking which forum I was posting it into........

I know, I know..........

OMG a dumb American post! I've been looking for one of these on Glory Glory forever! So original.

Please don't be naive and think that this is indicative of most Americans. The majority of Americans are aware, and for every thick macaron picked out in this video there were likely more that knew the answers and thus couldn't be used.

The Brits are of superior intellect though, I completely get it. There aren't any ignorant uneducated people in the UK. Definitely none that you could actually catch on film at least.

The world cup was the best when all the yanks were asked to name the USA team and they could only name 2 players and a few named Beckham as American lol.

0000.jpg

The world cup was the best when all the yanks were asked to name the USA team and they could only name 2 players and a few named Beckham as American lol.

Yeah, most Americans don't know brick about footie... doesn't mean they're dumb, just bandwagoners!
Although to be fair, I can't name that many American internationals either because all my energies are focused on the EPL. That, and the vice den...

That Friedel though - he sure is stupid, isn't he? Him and his big, stupid, bald American head #-o

Living in central and eastern europe - it's laughable that English would mock anyone.

The general impression of English in this part of the world is you're nothing but loud, drunken, violent louts who travel in packs, disrespect the local populace, fight everyone pointlessly, get stupidly drunk and molest the local girls.

And when they topped the group ahead of England. That too.

Living in central and eastern europe - it's laughable that English would mock anyone.

The general impression of English in this part of the world is you're nothing but loud, drunken, violent louts who travel in packs, disrespect the local populace, fight everyone pointlessly, get stupidly drunk and molest the local girls.

The newspapers and media everywhere tend to focus on the bad things done by the minority of the population.

OMG a dumb American post! I've been looking for one of these on Glory Glory forever! So original.

Please don't be naive and think that this is indicative of most Americans. The majority of Americans are aware, and for every thick macaron picked out in this video there were likely more that knew the answers and thus couldn't be used.

The Brits are of superior intellect though, I completely get it. There aren't any ignorant uneducated people in the UK. Definitely none that you could actually catch on film at least.

First of all - I have had many opportunities to travel around a lot of the US and I know that this is not representative of Americans as a whole. As it happens, I am quite pro - American, and have no issues or illusions about them, or my fellow Britons.

I harbour no prejudices about American people

So if you would like to dismount your soapbox, and get it off your high horse, then that would be great - you are pitching an invitation to fight at the wrong person.

However, it is pretty astonishing to think that people this ignorant are actually allowed out of secure accommodation, let alone your country.

I also have no problem believing that footage can be bastardised to make even accurate and correct answers look incorrect.

Its just a wry look at the world, and some of the people that live in it.

That is fantastic - a totally accurate and completely factual description of every British person (except me) who travels abroad. In fact we only allow the horrible ones to travel, as we don't want our nice people to get out.

I'm actually molesting a local woman, and kicking her grandmother to death as I type this. To be honest, I'm making her grandfather type, as I'm too drunk to see the keyboard

It's funny isn't it how everyone can take the tinkle out of us Brits but when it is the other way round they all get very protective and arsy?

Banter lads :D

Everyone takes the tinkle out of the Brits with the "Mary Poppins and Crumpets" insults but due to our sense of humor most of us laugh it off but due to most yanks having a completely different SOH they all get shirty about it.

Seeing as you're all dumb and we are apparently fat and have bad teeth i suggest we all just agree to disagree :-({|=

Last edited:
Pretty insensitive given the number of US posters here.

Are you British?

I would say that one of the great things about the British, is our ability to laugh at ourselves, and our humour is littered with examples of how we do it - almost to the point of being over critical.

Are you British?

I would say that one of the great things about the British, is our ability to laugh at ourselves, and our humour is littered with examples of how we do it - almost to the point of being over critical.

I am a Londoner.

I just think it's a bit clich?®d and old to do the whole "dumb yanks" one, especially when many of them post here.

I am a Londoner.

I just think it's a bit clich?®d and old to do the whole "dumb yanks" one, especially when many of them post here.
why, are you worried that they will invade?

If you spend any time in the company of Americans, in America - they are only too happy to insult/rip the tinkle out of Brits, and in some cases be quite abusive and vitriolic about it.

If the participants on this board are so sensitive that this might cause a diplomatic incident, then I would suspect that an environment of football fans, and their general levels of humour, might not be a good place for them to go.

As I pointed out earlier, I happen to be a an Americophile (or whatever the correct term might be) so I am confident that the majority of Americans are just as capable of having the mickey taken, as they are to dish it out.
At the end of the day - this is a video of Americans, answering questions, not British people impersonating Americans

Like mick, I've travelled, lived, worked and generally spent a lot of time in the US over the years. And, like mick, I like and have a lot of respect for the vast majority of people I've come across in that time. I'd say that many of the most intelligent, firendly, generous, well informed, awesomely talented, unfailingly polite and fantastically entertaining people I've ever encountered are American.

But I can't deny that there isn't also that loud, boorish, chauvinistic and....yes....stupid and ignorant element of US society too.

Which is a good thing. Because it means that all those loud, boorish, chauvinistic, stupid and ignorant Brits have someone to point their fingers at and laugh.

Back