• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this summer?

What will be our net spend this summer?

• Less than we get from sales

• Break even

• £1 - £5m

• £5m - £10m

• £10m - £15m

• £15m+

Results are only viewable after voting.
+£8m - Gallas (free) + Rafa (£8m), with no sales.

However we were £8m in the black from selling Kaboul the previous January

+Sandro and Pienaar.

I think you have your timelines mixed up with Kaboul. Remember he played the cross for Crouch for the winner away to City to actually get to the CL? We certainly did not sell him the previous January.

So now it's not just getting a striker in, but we have to get him in by a specific date. :confused:

Imo, there is ZERO excuses for not getting in a striker before the pre-season starts so that he can be intergrated in the squad fully AND is up to speed with Poch's methods so that we are not still haveing to reply on Kane on his own. As i say, it will be two years of almost non-stop playing high-level for Kane with hardly a break and he may need to be given some downtime at the start of the season.

We have guarenteed CL footy now, so we have NO EXCUSES in my mind if we still start the season with only Kane as a CF on our books

Imo, there is ZERO excuses for not getting in a striker before the pre-season starts so that he can be intergrated in the squad fully AND is up to speed with Poch's methods so that we are not still haveing to reply on Kane on his own. As i say, it will be two years of almost non-stop playing high-level for Kane with hardly a break and he may need to be given some downtime at the start of the season.

We have guarenteed CL footy now, so we have NO EXCUSES in my mind if we still start the season with only Kane as a CF on our books
Just because we have CL doesn't mean that we'll be the prime destination for our targets. It's not just getting any striker, but one that fits with what Poch wants. If said striker (or strikers) is also a target for another CL team (maybe a bigger fish than us), it might go down to the wire and there's nothing we'd be able to do about that. Unless you're OK with us offering £100-150K/week contracts just for giggles.

Let me put it a different way: I've been looking for a new house for the past 10 months, but either haven't found one yet that fits my budget and satisfies my requirements, or did, but someone offered more. Do I have ZERO excuses for not having bought one in almost a year?

Hypothetical situation: Based on the overall evaluation of the transfer committee, including Pochettino our top 3 striker targets ranked in order are as follows:

1. Embolo
2. Batshuayi
3. Jansen

Continued the transfer committee evaluates the likelihood of getting the players as follows: Because of the Euros Embolo and Batshuayi won't be gettable until after they're done with the Euros. Embolo's profile means that we'd have to wait until a couple of bigger teams make their minds up before he would join us even after that. Batshuayi would most likely be gettable as soon as Belgium are done with the Euros, though some uncertainty remains if a bigger club might start throwing money at him. Jansen seems gettable at the moment.

According to you "ZERO excuses" thinking how would you proceed? Just skip past the players ranked as better signings by the transfer committee and sign Jansen straight away?

Hypothetical situation: Based on the overall evaluation of the transfer committee, including Pochettino our top 3 striker targets ranked in order are as follows:

1. Embolo
2. Batshuayi
3. Jansen

Continued the transfer committee evaluates the likelihood of getting the players as follows: Because of the Euros Embolo and Batshuayi won't be gettable until after they're done with the Euros. Embolo's profile means that we'd have to wait until a couple of bigger teams make their minds up before he would join us even after that. Batshuayi would most likely be gettable as soon as Belgium are done with the Euros, though some uncertainty remains if a bigger club might start throwing money at him. Jansen seems gettable at the moment.

According to you "ZERO excuses" thinking how would you proceed? Just skip past the players ranked as better signings by the transfer committee and sign Jansen straight away?
I think Janssen is one we should get regardless, and go after Bats or Embolo. His price is low and we can get him dinner early, and having him on the books puts us in a better negotiating position for the other two, as we won't be desperate for a striker.

Back