• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this summer?

What will be our net spend this summer?

• Less than we get from sales

• Break even

• £1 - £5m

• £5m - £10m

• £10m - £15m

• £15m+

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think we will have to top up what we get from sales unless we get someone on a free.

Depends on how much we get in from sales, but I think we will spend between 30 and 50 million in total. Maybe a bit more if we can get a "high profile" player that fits the club, but I doubt that will happen.

I think the outgoing safe hard to predict. Fazio. And maybe some others but I reckon we will spend big on a striker. And then get young scouted types like Wimmer and Alli.

So 10-15 over break even

I hope we spend. We've been in the CL before and not strengthened sufficiently. At least Saha and Nelsen aren't available any more.

A few weeks ago I would have said 10-15 but having seen how poor our back up is I think its likely to be more.

A few weeks ago I would have said 10-15 but having seen how poor our back up is I think its likely to be more.

I think that we could easily be looking at getting £30m+ from sales this summer without selling any first team players. Do you think that we will spend over £15m on top of that this summer?

Despite our poor end to the season, Spurs as a club is on the rise and our stock is high. We need to take advantage of this in the transfer market. Next year might not turn out as good, so as they say, let's make hay.

I think that we could easily be looking at getting £30m+ from sales this summer without selling any first team players. Do you think that we will spend over £15m on top of that this summer?

I am not sure how you get that sum unless you are saying that the likes of Mason Chadli etc are not first team players? If you are not including players like that who is going to bring in 30 mill?

I am not sure how you get that sum unless you are saying that the likes of Mason Chadli etc are not first team players? If you are not including players like that who is going to bring in 30 mill?

I was talking outside the first 11 and I do not think that Mason and Chadli are in the first 11 when everyone is available.

I was talking outside the first 11 and I do not think that Mason and Chadli are in the first 11 when everyone is available.

OK, well in that case if we can get 30 mill ( and to be honest I think we will be lucky to get that much) for the backup players ( but I hope we do) I think we would be looking at a top striker and CM coming at least so another 15 mill plus might be needed.

But at the end of the day we are all guessing on what the sum may be. I think most of us will agree that we could be on the cusp of something special with out team and although I am not usually in favour of buying for buying sake ( which most fans have been wanting us to do over the years) I think now is the time to bring in a couple more quality players. If the last few games showed anything it is that our bench/ squad players are not going to be good enough to progress( imo).

OK, well in that case if we can get 30 mill ( and to be honest I think we will be lucky to get that much) for the backup players ( but I hope we do) I think we would be looking at a top striker and CM coming at least so another 15 mill plus might be needed.

But at the end of the day we are all guessing on what the sum may be. I think most of us will agree that we could be on the cusp of something special with out team and although I am not usually in favour of buying for buying sake ( which most fans have been wanting us to do over the years) I think now is the time to bring in a couple more quality players. If the last few games showed anything it is that our bench/ squad players are not going to be good enough to progress( imo).

We are guessing. I think that we could get £12-15m for Chadli, and £7-10m each for any of Carroll, Mason and Bentaleb. Plus real fringe players, then I think that we will get to £30m without too much trouble.

We are guessing. I think that we could get £12-15m for Chadli, and £7-10m each for any of Carroll, Mason and Bentaleb. Plus real fringe players, then I think that we will get to £30m without too much trouble.

Well lets hope we do.

Even with Levy's famed negotiating skills I think those valuations are a push. £8m - £10m for Chadli, £4m - £5m for Carroll, perhaps £5m for Fazio, £3m for Yedlin.....that gets me to £23m. I don't really see anyone else leaving

I think you need a few more options.... The new TV contract is huge. We also have additional revenue from the CL. I would be surprised if we do not spend at least £25 million (net) this summer and I think the figure might actually be closer to 35 or 40 million.

I think you need a few more options.... The new TV contract is huge. We also have additional revenue from the CL. I would be surprised if we do not spend at least £25 million (net) this summer and I think the figure might actually be closer to 35 or 40 million.

I agree with you. I can see us spending something like £50m (on a CF, AM and CM) minus the £23m estimate which I posted above from sales

Expectation seems to be very high for our summer transfer activity. I hope that people aren't too disappointed if it doesn't turn out like that.

Expectation seems to be very high for our summer transfer activity. I hope that people aren't too disappointed if it doesn't turn out like that.
Of course they won't be disappointed @milo . Everyone on this forum is a perfectly level-headed and rational human being. No "why didn't we get a striker in January" rants (although it would be funny to see how people will react if we don't get a striker this summer: cue meltdown :D).

Back