1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

How much of a threat are everton this season?

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Danishfurniturelover, 9 Oct 2012.

1. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Rafael Van Der Vaart

Wondering about everton could they be a serious threat for us in the league.

I quite like there team and now they seem tofinally got two good strikers who compliment each, obviously early days but i think they look quite good. Maybe it will be strength in depth that stops them.

I have a softish spot for everton and villa as i see them like us trying go get to the top table but without buying there way in. I hope they do it but of course not at our expense. They have had a good start and im not sure if they have had any real injuries but i have to say im impressed with there squad it looks like a good strong one.

Moyes has had some good and bad buys like most managers but i think he is getting better and some of his recent buys have been very good. I think we are a better team and have a better squad but i do not think they are a million miles away.

Always thought that us villa, everton and maybe now newcastle should come to some sort of agreement, perhaps loaning players one of the teams does not want to the other if they have injuries or some sort of allegiance as a way of trying to destroy the top 4.

2. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Dean Richards

:-k Um ... remind me where did we finished last season? :-"

3. Danishfurniturelover

4th but i do not consider us one of the arseholes

4. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

They have got off to a brilliant start and I do think they'll be up there come the end of the season. They will finish in the top 6 amongst the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and us. I think they do lack depth though as has been the problem with Everton over the past number of years.

If they keep consistancy through out the season, stay relatively injury free, then they could quite easily upset the apple cart like we have. They've already beaten Man Utd this season, have yet to play City, Chelsea, Us, Liverpool or Arsenal yet though. Neither have we though, but I think we'll probably fair better as previous seasons have suggested.

It's going to be one hell of a season, lets enjoy it!

5. onlyme

onlyme Banned

I don't agree they have a good squad but they certainly have a very good 1st XI. Baines and Fellatio are excellent and Jellyvic was a great buy.
    But Peanar sums the club up. He is almost integral to the side but they sold him.

6. GLENROYID

GLENROYID Ruel Fox

They'll flake away sooner or later

7. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Pedro Mendes

I think the draw at Wigan (whilst could be seen as two points dropped) solidified my early-season prediction that they would finish 4th. The fact they didn't lose that game when they very nearly did shows to me that they are a solid team that will scrap to the end of a game.

Their start reminded me of our start in 2009-10: hungry, consistent, attacking, a striker/key players scoring regularly. Yep I think they are a threat. Hopefully we'll beat them to 4th, but also it'd be good if they take points off the top 4 mainstays, especially Arsenal; it's about time they beat the Gooners; they used to scare them but not for a long time now.

8. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Pedro Mendes

Another thing that reminds me of us in 2009-10: they don't have European games to play...

9. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

They are always guarenteed to fade in the second half of the season because of their thin squad/lack of depth.

10. Danishfurniturelover

I always thought they were slow starters and strong finishers, a bit like me when im having sex.

11. linnet_spur

linnet_spur Pascal Chimbonda

except they normally don't :-k

12. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Luka Modric

Definitely a big threat if they can keep their best players fit. Think they would struggle more than us if both teams lost their best players.

A potential stumbling block for them is if they lose Fellaini in the January window. He's been on fire this season!

I've always liked Everton as they are similar to us in various ways e.g. proper supporters not glory hunters, big club who have underachieved in the last 20 years, been overshadowed by their rivals in recent history.

13. Spursalot

Spursalot Jimmy McCormick

They are guaranteed to do nothing.

In fact the opposite is usually true, they play better second half despite their squad depth issue.

14. milo

milo Vic Buckingham Staff Member

I rate Everton. They have some decent players and an excellent manager.

15. Roy1983

Roy1983 Edward Sheringham

This seasons Newcastle. They are a well run club but they'll finish 8th IMO.

16. SUIYHA

SUIYHA Scott Parker

They are guaranteed to finish above us. Because before the season started I put a £100 bet on with my Everton supporting mate about who would come higher out of us and them this season.

I don't rate any of their players as highly as I rate Bale, Dembele and Vertonghen. Pienaar is one of their best players, arguably even their best, but he was brick for us. What they do have is a solid first XI, of talented, hard working players. The fact that there's no superstars in their squad works in their favour, as there's no egos and nobody thinking they're too good for this. And they have a top top manager.

Their squad was a lot worse than Liverpool's in the 04/05 season but Moyes had them finish in the top 4. He'll have them grinding out results again this season. For the first time in ages, they didn't lose any important players this summer, and they made excellent additions in Mirallas and Naismith. They will be top 8 minimum with a chance of top 4 if they have a relatively injury free season.

17. onlyme

onlyme Banned

I don't "like" Everton but I respect Moyes and I am loving Baines at the moment. I "like" the idea of the top 4 (which includes us, of course) and Newcastle and Liverpool . Apart from beating West Ham for personal reasons I don't get turned on by playing any other teams. Chelsea do annoy me, though.

18. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs John Lacy

Actually they rarely fade in the second half of the season, normally they just start badly

19. diego_maradona

diego_maradona Pedro Mendes Staff Member

Everton are capable of beating any side. A very good side who play as a team. They stay injury free and I expect them to be at least as good as Newcastle last year. Tough year, you would expect top spots to be occupied by Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle and Everton. Means a very decent side could finish as low as 7th. Just hope it's not us.

20. THFC6061

THFC6061 Jimmy Neighbour

Everton usually have a very slow start to the season but come on strong in the New Year.

As they've had a cracking start to the season, I would say it would be very foolish to dismiss their chances of being a real threat to us.