• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Honeymoon destinations - any suggestions?

Have a look at www.voyage-prive.co.uk as well (you have to register) - they do discounted offers, long and short haul.
yes mate, just had a look. Koh Samui for the 2 of us 14 nights £2350. Not bad at all.

Edit: Rainy season. Balls

The other inland season, the rainy season, lasts from May to November and is dominated by the southwest monsoon, during which time rainfall in most of Thailand is at its heaviest. The southern, coastal region of Thailand really has only two seasons – rainy season and dry season. Fortunately, for those planning a beach holiday, Thailand’s two coasts have slightly different rainy seasons, allowing visitors to find sunny beaches nearly year round. On the Andaman or west coast, where Phuket, Krabi, and the Phi Phi Islands lie, the southwest monsoon brings heavy storms from April to October, while on the Gulf of Thailand or east coast, where Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao lie, the most rain falls between September and December.

Last edited:
Caribbean - yes definitely

wont you need a good 3 weeks for NZ? I reckon I can push to 3 weeks with work as it's once in a lifetime (unless I divorce of course) so need to make the most of the annual leave.

South or North? or both?
You want 3 weeks minimum just because of the distance, but there is a lot you can do in that time. NZ isn't that big so you can do a bit of both islands (which I would recommend as they are very disparate in their climate/geology) and still feel like you haven't just done day trips and moved on. Have you thought of a cruise? we did the NZ 13 night cruise earlier this year, stunning way to see the highlights and would even leave a few days to see some other areas.

other than that, Barnet is lovely at that time of year!

I lived for 25+ years in the Caribbean (including a job where I regularly visited 17+ countries), 8+ in New York

- Barbados is the most expensive island in the list recommended and is a bit bland. Honestly, if all you care about is sun & sand + decent hotel, almost any option in the English speaking Caribbean will work. Little different if you want culture, nightlife, nature, are a foodie, etc.
- New York is one of the world's great Cities, food, entertainment, sightseeing in almost every price point (hotels are always expensive, but most other stuff you have options). the London -> Iceland -> New York trip is nice option. It is loud, dirty and full of people, so keep that in mind.

Both would have decent weather is October, so no real issue there.

Have you thought about NY and then a cruise around the Caribbean out of Florida. I live in Florida and cruise the Islands often, they are some very, very good cruise deals going ,check out vacationstogo.com

Have you thought about NY and then a cruise around the Caribbean out of Florida. I live in Florida and cruise the Islands often, they are some very, very good cruise deals going ,check out vacationstogo.com
I speed read that as vaticanstogo.com

That would be an awful honeymoon.

dont get married you stupid sod, I have been married twice, still actually married to the second one, if I had not got married or had a kid, I would be living in the south of france and driving a lovely sports car, wintering in Barbados and shagging young slut.

we did 3 nights safari in South Africa followed by 14 nights in Mauritius. it was quality all the way. The safari even though only 3 days is still the best holiday experience i've ever had

We went to Bali and Lombok, with a stopover in Singapore... fantastic trip. Got Trailfinders to arrange it all, should be good at that time of year too from a weather perspective too.

Don't let the rainy season in Thailand bother you.....

Yes it will probably rain.... yes ... most days... and yes very heavily

But... the rain in general won't start till 6pm... so you should get a full day of sun on the beach... worst case cloud cover which is actually good as you won't get 'as' burnt.

And there is every chance you will go days without seeing any rain.

And even if is does rain.... it's PROPER rain. . Lashes it down.... which is great in itself..... then drys up within an hour.

Plus... it will be cheap.... coz it's the rainy season.

When are you leaving. ... need to get the marmite and jaffa cakes delivered

Last edited:
Back