• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Honeymoon destinations - any suggestions?

Alright chaps,

None of you will know this as I have not been on here much for the past season but I popped the question to the Mrs last November and she stupidly said yes so this October we are getting married.

Now I am looking at honeymoon destinations and have come up with the following:

New York - 4days
Caribbean - 10 days (maybe more)

All in the minimum I am looking at is £5k and maximum quotes we have had for a Sandals resort is about £8k for the 2 of us all inclusive. Now that is a lot of money for a holiday. Ideally I would like to be cheaper as the wedding is a killer.

Anyone got any other cheaper (and possibly better) suggestions? I've travelled a lot of Europe but only been to Dubai on the international stage, whereas she has been literally everywhere as she is cabin crew.

Possible options are:

East:
Thailand
Dubai (again)
Oz/Nz

West
Vegas/NY/LA
St Lucia / Barbados / Antigua

What did you guys do for yours and/or what do you recommend? Ideally we want a chilled beach break but wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a city hence the NY/Carribean combo. Got to take into account the rainy season though, wont they just be coming to the end of this in the Caribbean?

Cheers guys

GGG

Last edited:
Whereabouts in Thailand are you?

This is it, I don’t even know where is good to go. I got a package holiday from Haye and Jarvis for around £3,000 all in. That was for a 4 star plus resort in places like Khao Lak, Koh Samui and Koh Phangan.
I live in Bangkok.

You want samui or phuket.... maybe krabi.

If you get some good offers pm me and I will give you any info I can on them.

Got married in Barbados in Oct 2014 and then went to the Maldives for my honeymoon and can thoroughly recommend the place as somewhere to fully unwind.

October is still technically rainy season for Barbados and the Caribbean in general but its not anything to worry about as any rainfall will be heavy but in short bursts. I was out there for over a week for my wedding and only had one half day of rain.

I do not know if you and your old lady are into motorbikes? but if you are the best holiday i have ever been on was riding a Harley along route 66 ( America) you can either take your own or book one with the holiday.

Brilliant time and one i hope to do again one day.

Anywhere in Caribbean, you don't need nightlife or sites to see just quality time with the one you love. The weather should be good.

Mexico, specifically Playa del Carmen (or Tulum if you want something more secluded) - bout an hour from Cancun so easy to get to and you have it nearby if you want to dip in to the City. PDC itself is a bit of a plastic tourist town and not particularly authentic Mexico but is pleasant enough to amble through and has plenty on offer. outside of the town the wider Yucutan peninsula has everything you could want from a holiday destination

http://www.playaresorts.com/brand#the-royal

my parents have been to the hotel above and absolutely raved about it and i believe it would suit your budget

you should also look at Bora Bora - French Polynesia - could be done on your budget i think and is supposed to be paradise

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...KEwiZrqO_su7NAhXjD8AKHWhuAsgQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1.5

Last edited:
Back