• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Kevin Nolan just said it was between us and Liverpool when Carroll left Saudi Sportswashing Machine (Carroll was at his house at the time).

Cant say I remember that, but got away with one there!

I remember how aggressive he got to me when Carroll left Liverpool, he was adamant he would go back to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and I said he wouldnt.

Really lost his brick.

So I cant say I care much about that either!

He was right, though, unless Carroll gets a career ending injury before his first game back.

I don't think this is such a bad move by Saudi Sportswashing Machine. This seems like an extra instead of an alternative to some younger more reliable forward. I would assume the contract is sensibly structured with incentives. Ashley is not Ed Woodward. If Carroll can stay fit for a decent number of games he can get goals, possibly enough to keep them up. If he doesn't the loss is limited.

He meant at the time.

The idea was Carroll went to Liverpool for big things, and if he ever left it would ONLY be for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

At the time West Ham were sniffing around and I thought it likely he would go there as he seemed to enjoy his loan there, and of course they would offer him silly wages.

Ol Greg lost his brick at that point. Ended up in such a sulk after he was proven wrong I dont think we saw him here for some time...

As a move? One year deal, back up as you say, not a bad one really. I dont mind Carroll as a player, in many ways he is a bit of a throw back, but he is also a more complete player than given credit for. Problem has always been his injury record and the fact he seems to be a real bell end.

He meant at the time.

The idea was Carroll went to Liverpool for big things, and if he ever left it would ONLY be for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

At the time West Ham were sniffing around and I thought it likely he would go there as he seemed to enjoy his loan there, and of course they would offer him silly wages.

Ol Greg lost his brick at that point. Ended up in such a sulk after he was proven wrong I dont think we saw him here for some time...

As a move? One year deal, back up as you say, not a bad one really. I dont mind Carroll as a player, in many ways he is a bit of a throw back, but he is also a more complete player than given credit for. Problem has always been his injury record and the fact he seems to be a real bell end.
Don't take it personally. He stormed off when I suggested northern "people" liked pies or pasties or something.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine MD Lee Charnley suggested in the match programme of the club's Premier League opener against Arsenal on Sunday, a game they lost 1-0, that finances were Benitez's main motive for the move to the Far East.

But in an exclusive column with The Athletic, Benitez has moved to deny those claims - and revealed the breakdown in trust between himself and those in the boardroom.

"Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s board had a year to sort out my contract but, when we met after the end of last season, they didn’t make me an offer I could accept," he wrote.

"After that meeting, I knew they would not come back with a serious offer and, when it arrived, 19 days later, it was for the same salary as three years earlier and with less control over signings.

"After three years of unfulfilled promises, I didn’t trust them."

Benitez also explained that all players and staff were paid a bonus after Saudi Sportswashing Machine finished 10th in the Premier League in their first season back in the top flight following relegation to the Championship - except his coaching team.

The former Liverpool boss says that felt like a punishment for him not putting pen to paper on fresh terms in the north east.

He says he rejected more lucrative offers than the one he has now accepted in China during his time on Tyneside and was hopeful of a takeover and fresh investment at St James' Park - but in the end had to make the right decision for his family, his staff and their families.

Back