• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Has the coin finally dropped

K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Paul Walsh
I see this morning that there are stories going around that Real Madrid may not have the cash to make a sensible offer for Bale (or anyone). Might have helped if alleged journalist had investigated this line before just publishing what ever Marca gave them. Do they seriously believe Spurs should let Bale join Real Madrid and give them an interest free loan for 5/6 years?. Never let the truth get in the way of a story a boys?

I see this morning that there are stories going around that Real Madrid may not have the cash to make a sensible offer for Bale (or anyone). Might have helped if alleged journalist had investigated this line before just publishing what ever Marca gave them. Do they seriously believe Spurs should let Bale join Real Madrid and give them an interest free loan for 5/6 years?. Never let the truth get in the way of a story a boys?

I hope so because I told the blokes at work I'd trombone the lot of them if the move went through.

All the headlines have dried up. Mugs.

All these papers giving 'quotes' & 'inside info' are going to have some serious back peddling to do when Bale pulls on the Lillywhite shirt this season. Mugs the lot of them!

All these papers giving 'quotes' & 'inside info' are going to have some serious back peddling to do when Bale pulls on the Lillywhite shirt this season. Mugs the lot of them!

I am seriously going to revel in all of this. I've had 5 weeks of constant "what are going to do without Bale next season?"
from everyone at work.
I've stuck to my guns saying "not relevant because he's going nowhere"

Countdown to smug city on Sept 2nd has begun

I am seriously going to revel in all of this. I've had 5 weeks of constant "what are going to do without Bale next season?"
from everyone at work.
I've stuck to my guns saying "not relevant because he's going nowhere"

Countdown to smug city on Sept 2nd has begun

Exactly as soon as I take the tinkle out of other mates about their team all you get is well Bale is off, ok then....

Exactly as soon as I take the tinkle out of other mates about their team all you get is well Bale is off, ok then....

Well the good thing is we've done most of our business early, so we're in a position of saying well if we keep Bale we'll have a great world-class player.

If we sell him i doubt we'll do so without a world-record fee and possibly a couple of great players from Madrid, and we'll spend the fee on a player like Willian or Lamela so we'll still have a s**t-hot team.

So we really are in a position of strength on this one for once! This is the problem Madrid have got. If we were struggling financially the prospect of selling Bale to free up funds to strengthen the team might be attractive. As Lewis appears to have loosened the purse-strings this summer we're in a position of saying to Madrid, we don't need your money, if you want him you're going to have to come up with an offer so ridiculous that your own board, your own fans and your own players and coaching staff as well as the world-media will question you for doing it.

That's the position Perez has backed himself into. He's either going to look a mug as he promised he'd sign Bale and didn't, or he'll end up paying a price so ridiculous he'll look like a clown.

I never thought he would leave, all the rumours have been flimflam.

Im not sure they are flimflam, i think they want him and he wants to go. But while i am not levy's biggest fan one thing that can be said for him is that he will not be forced into a sale by anyone and with 3 years left on his contract we are in a great position. Also all this exposure the club has been getting thanks to the bale talk mut have been doing the clubs profile some good.

There will be no back peddling, there very rarely is.

They will move on to briefly complimenting Levy and Spurs on doing a fine job keeping Bale "in the Premier League" as it's the easy story to write at that point, will get clicks from happy Spurs fans, some randoms and some angry Arsenal fans. Then they will move on to the next issue, the next easy story to write. Rooney's latest (miss-)adventure, Joey Barton twittergate #54 or whatever catches the eye - and the clicks.

Then next summer they will start all over again, if it's not Bale then it's some other player. At some point there might be a slight sense of deja vu as a nearly identical story to one published this year is sent to some grammar and spell checking editor/headline writer, but that feeling will soon be replaced by an urge to pair a random player with a random club in a classical "our sources understands" article.

Im not sure they are flimflam, i think they want him and he wants to go. But while i am not levy's biggest fan one thing that can be said for him is that he will not be forced into a sale by anyone and with 3 years left on his contract we are in a great position. Also all this exposure the club has been getting thanks to the bale talk mut have been doing the clubs profile some good.

Absolutely.

This looks set to be the summer Daniel Levy really grew up. Said he wouldn't sell at the bginning of the window, player was fine, player got turned by filthy Madrid tactics, Levy marches on, with his appt of Baldini he frees up a world class wrangler to get in some great players and it looks like he will hold firm against his 'former friend' Barnett...I think our very own Dr Evil will deserve a massive set of props whatever for the way he has refused to be pushed around this summer...

3ooo6t.jpg

How long before Perez/Zidane/Marca etc "Spurs' Joe Lewis should lend RM £100m to buy Bale with".... etc

Absolutely.

This looks set to be the summer Daniel Levy really grew up. Said he wouldn't sell at the bginning of the window, player was fine, player got turned by filthy Madrid tactics, Levy marches on, with his appt of Baldini he frees up a world class wrangler to get in some great players and it looks like he will hold firm against his 'former friend' Barnett...I think our very own Dr Evil will deserve a massive set of props whatever for the way he has refused to be pushed around this summer...

???!!!!

You have got to be joking

when has he ever been pushed around? except for the bent sale 8-[

edit:- he never actually came about and categorically said he wouldnt sell. he just said he isnt looking to sell . big difference

if levy wants to sell, he will sell, if he doesnt he wont. clearly you havent always felt this...but i kind of have always seen levy like this....he gets his valuation or he wont sell.

Last edited:
:ross:

Lewis has enough money to buy Real and liquidate them

This will never, ever happen. But I'd love all this coverage to spark Lewis interest so much so that he decides to offer Bale a bumper contract to keep him there and then turn the tables to offer Ronaldo the wages he wants.

Ahhh one could dream. Would be fun to see Madrid played at their own game for once.

Well the good thing is we've done most of our business early, so we're in a position of saying well if we keep Bale we'll have a great world-class player.

If we sell him i doubt we'll do so without a world-record fee and possibly a couple of great players from Madrid, and we'll spend the fee on a player like Willian or Lamela so we'll still have a s**t-hot team.

So we really are in a position of strength on this one for once! This is the problem Madrid have got. If we were struggling financially the prospect of selling Bale to free up funds to strengthen the team might be attractive. As Lewis appears to have loosened the purse-strings this summer we're in a position of saying to Madrid, we don't need your money, if you want him you're going to have to come up with an offer so ridiculous that your own board, your own fans and your own players and coaching staff as well as the world-media will question you for doing it.

That's the position Perez has backed himself into. He's either going to look a mug as he promised he'd sign Bale and didn't, or he'll end up paying a price so ridiculous he'll look like a clown.

Great ost, youve got it bang on, Ive always thought Perez was a 1st class helmet, the Bale saga has proved it 100%

???!!!!

You have got to be joking

when has he ever been pushed around? except for the bent sale 8-[

edit:- he never actually came about and categorically said he wouldnt sell. he just said he isnt looking to sell . big difference

if levy wants to sell, he will sell, if he doesnt he wont. clearly you havent always felt this...but i kind of have always seen levy like this....he gets his valuation or he wont sell.

Yeah, it's been discussed quite a few times here. AVB said he got assurances from the board, but unlike when Chelsea were after Modric there hasn't been a categorical "will not sell" statement from Levy.

Back