• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Must admit I was surprised at the negativity towards his performances earlier in the season. I think he has been consistently good this season. Just hope he does not get injured.

Like most young players he has his 'moments' and fans always focus on the negative.

Must admit I was surprised at the negativity towards his performances earlier in the season. I think he has been consistently good this season. Just hope he does not get injured.
Likewise, some were even saying they thought Skipp was a better player than him, not potentially, but right now! Also that his pirouette’s reminded them of Parker.

I’m not ragging on Skipp, but seriously, what are people seeing, or more pertinently, not seeing in Winks?!?

Likewise, some were even saying they thought Skipp was a better player than him, not potentially, but right now! Also that his pirouette’s reminded them of Parker.

I’m not ragging on Skipp, but seriously, what are people seeing, or more pertinently, not seeing in Winks?!?

Skipp has a better attacking pass on him than Winks (we saw it in Skipp's first few games), he's also physically stronger.

Winks had a bad run of form early in season (not sure why everyone is arguing that), his form has picked up notably in last few weeks and is now looking more like the player we hoped last season, with a ceiling still some way off. And he does do the Parker thing ..

Skipp, alternatively has had his down after the high of his first few performance. We all need to realize these guys are young and inexperienced, up and downs are to be expected.

Skipp has a better attacking pass on him than Winks (we saw it in Skipp's first few games), he's also physically stronger.

Winks had a bad run of form early in season (not sure why everyone is arguing that), his form has picked up notably in last few weeks and is now looking more like the player we hoped last season, with a ceiling still some way off. And he does do the Parker thing ..

Skipp, alternatively has had his down after the high of his first few performance. We all need to realize these guys are young and inexperienced, up and downs are to be expected.
I’m not criticizing Skipp in anyway, shape, or form, he looks like he could become a solid enough player.

I’m just wondering why some people can’t see what Winks has got and why he was being criticized. His earlier performances coming back from injury, understandably, weren’t amazing, but he was still decent enough. The overaction à month or two ago seemed ridiculous to me at the time and it still does now looking back on it.

Also, you can’t possibly equate the Parker pirouette to the ones Winks does?! Ones were slow, pointless and slowed us down as a team, the others are sharp, create space and are generally advantageous to the team.

I’m not criticizing Skipp in anyway, shape, or form, he looks like he could become a solid enough player.

I’m just wondering why some people can’t see what Winks has got and why he was being criticized. His earlier performances coming back from injury, understandably, weren’t amazing, but he was still decent enough. The overaction à month or two ago seemed ridiculous to me at the time and it still does now looking back on it.

Also, you can’t possibly equate the Parker pirouette to the ones Winks does?! Ones were slow, pointless and slowed us down as a team, the others are sharp, create space and are generally advantageous to the team.

I think the doubt came from "was Winks of last year a peak form performace, and was Winks of earlier this season a return to mean?" (similar to how Trippier has seemingly returned to a lower level than his best run with us). Recent play seems to suggest earlier this season was simply a young player finding his feet/form after injury, but I could see the reason for concern.

I'm not sure the comparison is a negative thing .. they really are the only two players I can recall who regularly pirouette in a game, and Parker before his legs went was a very effective player.

Back