• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Winks compares to Modric, not Parker IMO.

Parker was a good workhorse, and should have stayed as a strictly defensive player.

As soon as he decided he should be the midfield "engine" and run box to box and dictate play etc his value to us diminished rapidly.

Winks has more ability than Parker ever did. If anything, Winks needs "a Parker" (Dier in the current lot) beside him to allow him to do the business he does so well.

Yeah, I don't really agree. Parker was underrated and Winks, much as I do like him, might be slightly overrated. I don't think he has the creativity of Modric, nowhere near it.

Yeah, I don't really agree. Parker was underrated and Winks, much as I do like him, might be slightly overrated. I don't think he has the creativity of Modric, nowhere near it.

Would be pretty boring if we all thought the same, wouldnt it?

Parker, for me, didnt have half the ability of Winks. Either Technically or Tactically.

He worked his nuts off, which was probably his defining strength. When we played him exclusively as a defensive terrier, sitting in front of the back four and harrassing anything that crossed into our half I thought he was excellent. In that rather limited role, he thrived.

When he decided he was too good for that and wanted to be Stevie G MKII, I think his game was massively exposed and he was more a hinderance to the side than a help.

Winks is nothing like Parker. He strength isnt tenacity.

Its that metronomic passing, like Modric, that allows us to keep the ball, pull teams around and take advantage of openings.

The vast majority of his passes, even if often simple, are forward and progress our play. He makes the team tick, and he makes us slick.

Similar to Modric? Yes. In what he does, and how he does it, I think he is.

As good as Modric? No. Not yet, anyway. I think he has the potential to be that good though, in a very similar way, but only time will tell.

With respect I don’t think Parker had a good touch or ball carrying abilities, Winks is in a different league to Parker In these attributes. Winks is much closer to Modric on this front than he is Parker!

Agree, Winks is a far better all round player then Parker and and he is getting back to the player he was before his injury. Still only 22 and i would suggest that in the future he will be our capt.

I'm sorry Eriksen was, poor. I don't have a problem with that, everyone has bad games, what royally fudges me off is that he seems to be untouchable.
Eriksen, dele, lamela and Llorente were all poor today, I don't see why only two off them get called out.
I thought Dele played reasonably well, I didn’t think Eriksen was too bad either. Lorente was of course terrible but Lamela was still giving him good competition for the worst player on the pitch award.

Winks compares to Modric, not Parker IMO.

Parker was a good workhorse, and should have stayed as a strictly defensive player.

As soon as he decided he should be the midfield "engine" and run box to box and dictate play etc his value to us diminished rapidly.

Winks has more ability than Parker ever did. If anything, Winks needs "a Parker" (Dier in the current lot) beside him to allow him to do the business he does so well.
I think Winks is somewhere between the two players (which is a decent place to be).

It was probably discussed in the OMT but I really appreciated the ball through to Rose to set up the goal on Thursday. Nice to see some decisive goal involvements from him of late.

I have been critical of Winks at times this season but it's easy to forget his age and how screwed we would have been without him, given his previous ankle issues it'd be great to be able to give him a break as it seems like he is being ran in to the ground.

Back