• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Well Eriksen managed to pass it forward for Alli’s goal. Not defending Eriksen cos he had a very poor game but at least he contributed something unlike Llorente and Lamela.
I'm sorry Eriksen was, poor. I don't have a problem with that, everyone has bad games, what royally fudges me off is that he seems to be untouchable.
Eriksen, dele, lamela and Llorente were all poor today, I don't see why only two off them get called out.

I'm sorry Eriksen was, poor. I don't have a problem with that, everyone has bad games, what royally fudges me off is that he seems to be untouchable.
Eriksen, dele, lamela and Llorente were all poor today, I don't see why only two off them get called out.
As one scored and one assisted maybe.

Whereas one was crap and the other..... well oh my days what do I even say!!!

When he’s playing in a less restrictive role it may just be that it has the same effect as Forrest Gump after the had the shackles taken off..

A back 3 with Dier holding should free him up a lot more. So team for Chelsea could be:

---------------lloris
-----toby----sanchez----vert
kwp-----------dier----------rose
---------eriksen-----winks
----------------lamela
----------------moura

A back 3 with Dier holding should free him up a lot more. So team for Chelsea could be:

---------------lloris
----------------lamela
----------------moura

I agree that Dier and winks play centrally

Should free up Lamela and eriksen to play behind Moura if fit

---------------lloris
----------------lamela
----------------moura
Down to the bone marrow.

As I think someone else said, Winks reminds me of Parker a lot - good touch and ball carrying, great engine and spirit, and makes the right choices. Parker was very decent for us next to Modric.

IIRC plenty were calling out the whole team (including Eriksen) with the exception of Rose and Winks. It's just that Llorente was by far the worst player on the pitch for us and Lamela was the next worst from an attacking sense. Eriksen and Alli probably would have got more stick had they not been involved in the first goal. I think the main difference is Alli and Eriksen can both drift in and out of games but still create and score more frequently than Lamela does. Lamela has had arguably his best season and his end product for the first few months was excellent but that seems to have dropped off in terms of goals and assists.

That's why Eriksen gets more slack IMO.

As I think someone else said, Winks reminds me of Parker a lot - good touch and ball carrying, great engine and spirit, and makes the right choices. Parker was very decent for us next to Modric.
With respect I don’t think Parker had a good touch or ball carrying abilities, Winks is in a different league to Parker In these attributes. Winks is much closer to Modric on this front than he is Parker!

Parker did get about the pitch well though, was good in the tackle and knew to give the ball to the footballers. He was vital to us for a time in that regard.

Winks compares to Modric, not Parker IMO.

Parker was a good workhorse, and should have stayed as a strictly defensive player.

As soon as he decided he should be the midfield "engine" and run box to box and dictate play etc his value to us diminished rapidly.

Winks has more ability than Parker ever did. If anything, Winks needs "a Parker" (Dier in the current lot) beside him to allow him to do the business he does so well.

Proably because Eriksen is a proven top class first team performer. The other 2 are more under the microscope.

Also - If you look at yesterdays game, Eriksen didn't have loads of options moving about in front of him. When he has Kane and Son it makes things easier. Yesterday he had Lamela who really needs it to feet, or Llorente who is pretty much static. He's not a miracle worker.

I was shouting for Dele to get further up to give Erisksen more options, and when he did he scored. Then he retreated deep again.

I'm not saying Eriksen played well (Some awful crosses), I'm just saying it needs some context.

Anyway - this is the Harry Winks thread, and I'm delighted he got the winner yesterday, especially after last weeks game where I thought he had a blinder.

Back