• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Absolutely fudging magnificent.

I am an unapologetic fanboy of him, I think he is just magic, but last night I thought he was incredible.

He was exactly where he needed to be at all times, and he did exactly what he needed to do.

Just superb.
Hopefully we finally have a heir to Modric who will dictate our passing tempo plus provide attacking impetus from central midfield.

AF7D286F-40B2-4301-BBC6-53A1FBEF01DB.png

I don’t remember him being quite so nippy before the injury? Really seems to accelerate away from players now.
Its a brilliant example of Poch's teams' fitness expertise.
Why I don't question the like of Moura being hooked yesterday and not throwing money at Tobygate.

There was a tackle towards the end of the first half where he absolutely cleaned out the (far larger) opponent and won the ball back ... absolutely magnificent and lifted the team and the crowd in one play! I thought he was MOM by miles yesterday evening. Really excited to see how much more he can develop as a player.

Last edited:
I don’t remember him being quite so nippy before the injury? Really seems to accelerate away from players now.
I agree. Perhaps being out so long let him do a lot of focussed training. He seems to have bulked up -- some of which could just be natural as he gets through his early twenties -- but he might have done a lot of sprint training as well. He could never become a speed merchant like Robben or Bale, but working on his acceleration over 10 yards would pay dividends. Especially when combined with his quick decision-making.

An old PE teacher of mine used to eulogise Sir Stanley Matthews -- not the quickest overall, but lightning over 10 yards.

I love Winks too. If he can get within a sniff of Modric's talents, our midfield looks bright.

He won't find that much freedom very often, but very happy with his performance tonight. Our tempo is so much better with him in the side.

Could not agree more, we are becoming really slow to move the ball through our M/F in some games and this guy adds so much to our play. If he can keep fit he will go on to be a real top player in the game. First time i saw him play in our first team he looked a natural and despite having got a long injury he seems to be picking up where he left off.

I must admit i am really looking forward to seeing him progress with us.

I’d noticed this too. What type of training do you do to improve pace in your twenties? There was definitely a point a few seasons ago when Kane seemed to add a little bit of acceleration too.

I’d noticed this too. What type of training do you do to improve pace in your twenties? There was definitely a point a few seasons ago when Kane seemed to add a little bit of acceleration too.
ForcefulFlusteredAstarte-small.gif

Back