• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

He did ok seeing as he has not played a lot, i have said before this kid has the ability to go a long way in the game. However he has been out for a while and it may take a few games before he shows his best.

Thrown in at the deep end came to mind!
Thought he looked so much brighter and quicker to the ball than a couple more so called established squad members. Mentioning no names!

Thrown in at the deep end came to mind!
Thought he looked so much brighter and quicker to the ball than a couple more so called established squad members.

I agree, he was not helped by either Dier ( who had a poor game) or Dembélé ( who is no longer a 90 minute player imo).

Well its not going to happen until at least Jan ( and in all honesty there usually is not that many top players around then).

We can surly find better than Eric bless him. He’s a nice lad but far to ponderous for this in his current state!

A poor marathon would be more accurate ;)

When Winks is fit he may help him.
Maybe another one who’s just had too much football, although yesterday may have also been made difficult as we had 3 rather than 2 in there.

I’d still prefer him at rb to Aurier!

Maybe another one who’s just had too much football, although yesterday may have also been made difficult as we had 3 rather than 2 in there.

I’d still prefer him at rb to Aurier!

Aurier in defence is far to miss and miss. I hate watching him trying to defend.
Dier is just too slow to the ball when defending and not good enough consistent passer to be in any advanced role.

Great for Deli to have someone to play fortnite with mind, let’s look on the bright side!

Bloody hell...talk about going through the pain barrier for the cause...i just hope we don't have another Ryan Mason on our hands for his sake!

Our midfield was shocking all round.

Dare i say it. This game was a good example of where a certain Jack Greelish probably would've had an impact.

Because he would have been able to shield Vorm?

With Lamela and Son doing well from the bench, we already had two good AM options

The player we needed yesterday was a fit Wanyama to relieve the exhausted Dier and declining Dembele

Because he would have been able to shield Vorm?

With Lamela and Son doing well from the bench, we already had two good AM options

The player we needed yesterday was a fit Wanyama to relieve the exhausted Dier and declining Dembele

Let me elaborate...

From my seat in upper tier, what struck me was the total lack of desire to receive the ball from all three of our midfielders. And when they did, the first reaction seemed to be to turn around and go back to Jan or Toby (who seemed the linchpin for all our passing). It was as if they were scared of being harassed by red shirts, even when there were none within a few yards. We looked negative and scared.

Even Wanyama, looked totally unready for the ball when it came to him. I noted one pass from Eriksen i think that was to his feet with no unrealistic pace, yet he totally fluffed his first touch and got his feet in a mess. None of them looked prepared for a pass, we panicked as a result, and gave it away unnecessarily. It was our undoing.

Jack Grealish has a good first touch, a glide about him that seems to allow him to ghost passed players, or draw the foul. Almost in a similar style to Modders used to. He has played a box to box role for Villa and has dropped deeper when necessary (as Alli has been asked to at times).
I also think a player of his age and background (Championship last season) would've relished the chance to play a top team and show what he's got. I believe we would've seen a Moura-like effort from him and the energy and drive our midfield needed.

Dier, Dembele and Wanyama didn't look at all interested. And Winks, for all his endeavour, was way out of his depth against an energetic Liverpool so soon after injury.

Milner by contrast was still closing down and harassing our midfield even at 2-0 going into the last 10 mins. And he's what....62 years old???!!!!!

Let me elaborate...

From my seat in upper tier, what struck me was the total lack of desire to receive the ball from all three of our midfielders. And when they did, the first reaction seemed to be to turn around and go back to Jan or Toby (who seemed the linchpin for all our passing). It was as if they were scared of being harassed by red shirts, even when there were none within a few yards. We looked negative and scared.

Even Wanyama, looked totally unready for the ball when it came to him. I noted one pass from Eriksen i think that was to his feet with no unrealistic pace, yet he totally fluffed his first touch and got his feet in a mess. None of them looked prepared for a pass, we panicked as a result, and gave it away unnecessarily. It was our undoing.

Jack Grealish has a good first touch, a glide about him that seems to allow him to ghost passed players, or draw the foul. Almost in a similar style to Modders used to. He has played a box to box role for Villa and has dropped deeper when necessary (as Alli has been asked to at times).
I also think a player of his age and background (Championship last season) would've relished the chance to play a top team and show what he's got. I believe we would've seen a Moura-like effort from him and the energy and drive our midfield needed.

Dier, Dembele and Wanyama didn't look at all interested. And Winks, for all his endeavour, was way out of his depth against an energetic Liverpool so soon after injury.

Milner by contrast was still closing down and harassing our midfield even at 2-0 going into the last 10 mins. And he's what....62 years old???!!!!!
Grealish receives the ball and goes forward directly and quickly and releases the ball positively and quickly. He would get more minutes playing for us than many on here think (parallels of when we signed Dele most on here didnt think he'd be getting much game time) and hed get more minutes than what I even believed he would judging by our midfield performances this season....

If you are taking that 'we'll fudge it' approach (which I'm prepared to go along with at GK until Lloris is back), why Grealish and not Amos? One has already had years of grooming and preparation for our specific side/style of play.

He’s starting to show some positive signs that he can return to his previous levels, which would be great as he offers something completely different to our centre mids and Englands.

Back