• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

I'm worried about Winkle. He had an injection on Monday and is still not training with the first team... sounds like one of those issues where they try to avoid operating... but eventually they may have to. ((Obviously with no real knowledge of his injury, but it has been a while))
You and Poch. Both not a doctor. It would be great to have him back with the CL coming back and our magnificent FA Cup run...

Seems such a down to earth lad. Whilst Dembele is looking good again and should start on Saturday I really hope Winks keeps getting minutes for us as well as a call up for Russia in the summer.

Seems such a down to earth lad. Whilst Dembele is looking good again and should start on Saturday I really hope Winks keeps getting minutes for us as well as a call up for Russia in the summer.

Great interview .. clubs is in such a good place re the dressing room at the moment.

Re Winks, seemed off the pace yesterday, no surprise, will take him a while to get back to where he was.

He was good in patches, but like Wanyama and Alder is well short of sharpness.
He has gone backwards a little bit this season IMO, that is not unusual for a player in his first few seasons of PL football however. I like his positivity, but he also has to learn how to read situations better, trying to beat a player when both of your full backs have bombed on and your holding midfield player isn't behind you isn't intelligent.

He has gone backwards a little bit this season IMO, that is not unusual for a player in his first few seasons of PL football however. I like his positivity, but he also has to learn how to read situations better, trying to beat a player when both of your full backs have bombed on and your holding midfield player isn't behind you isn't intelligent.
I agree with GB, he hasn’t played for weeks. He’s bound to lack a bit of sharpness. Losing the ball like he did today is very uncharacteristic.

I agree with GB, he hasn’t played for weeks. He’s bound to lack a bit of sharpness. Losing the ball like he did today is very uncharacteristic.
that wasn't sharpness it was overconfidence/poor decision making. He shouldn't be attempting to beat a player when the pitch is set up as it was.

Agreed, he was not in a position to be making that run when we were 2v2 behind him. I still think that Wanyama perhaps should've been square of him at that stage, but irrespective of that, Winks made the wrong decision. That's not to say I'm sticking the knife in, just that he's a young player and demonstrated that he's still gotta learn.

Also the pitch was bobbly as fudge today. I know it was newly laid, but the ball skipped up on a lot of joins in the surface.

Back