• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

He was the better of the two last night certainly. Both seem to be on the same wavelength.

They are both good, Carroll tends to be too negative in his game which can limit his effectiveness outside of just holding possession.

The interesting part with our young players like Winks now is they can watch & train with Eriksen & Lamela who both have are quite intelligent footballers with a great range of passing, learn that and how to shield a ball from Dembele :D and you can do anything

Both played well last night but Winks is potentially miles better than Carroll given that he's already better than him despite being a few years younger

12 year careers :confused:

Yeah - c.20-32 if you are lucky.

It will be interesting to see what this multi-millionaire generation do in their retirement. I know a few 90s players and many have gone back into traditional working class jobs (Steve Sedley famously runs COYS Construction!). The ones who did better off financially seem to go into property or financing mates' businesses, and generally do crap at it.

Professional contracts get signed at around 17 and it's quite rare a player will retire as young as 32

No biggie just pointing out the exaggeration is all

How many great games against Gillingham did Modric have? Exactly.

???

Not sure if serious

I'm not saying winks isn't good or potentially great, just keeping my powder dry before saying he's a guaranteed £30m player

Didn't think that was too controversial....

???

Not sure if serious

I'm not saying winks isn't good or potentially great, just keeping my powder dry before saying he's a guaranteed £30m player

Didn't think that was too controversial....

Definitely not serious.

He's prepared to drive forward with the ball more than I ever saw Carrick do...
True enough. Definitely a very exciting prospect but not sure I've see signs of Modric's exceptional strength and tenacity on the ball nor his exquisite outside-of-the-boot passing range. But I'm well up for being proved totally wrong. :D

Back