• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Watching England play in their last two matches Winks must be thinking he can make the squad for Russia easily

I was thinking exactly the same. Chamberlain, Henderson, Delph, Drinkwater, Livermore and Wiltshire are really scraping the barrel for a partner for Dier. I think Winks could become the 6th Spurs fixture in the England team this season.

I was thinking exactly the same. Chamberlain, Henderson, Delph, Drinkwater, Livermore and Wiltshire are really scraping the barrel for a partner for Dier. I think Winks could become the 6th Spurs fixture in the England team this season.

Assuming Walker is still here :)

Livermore! Actually, I think Henderson's a very underrated player -- much in the Carrick "What does he do?" mould, Liverpool pick up a lot more points when he's in the side. Probably a similar niche to Winks -- solid passer to retain possession, keep the game ticking over, with a few pass-and-moves through the defensive line. I do think Winks has more potential as a central attacking fulcrum though.

How good would it be to see England line up with six KEY Spurs players? Dier, Winks and Alli represent a real engine room, plus Kane, Walker (hopefully!) and Rose all first choice.

Livermore! Actually, I think Henderson's a very underrated player -- much in the Carrick "What does he do?" mould, Liverpool pick up a lot more points when he's in the side. Probably a similar niche to Winks -- solid passer to retain possession, keep the game ticking over, with a few pass-and-moves through the defensive line. I do think Winks has more potential as a central attacking fulcrum though.

How good would it be to see England line up with six KEY Spurs players? Dier, Winks and Alli represent a real engine room, plus Kane, Walker (hopefully!) and Rose all first choice.

Onomah, KWP and Edwards by Euro 2020 too

The best England sides tend to have Spurs cores - 1990 (Gascoigne and Lineker + sort of Waddle) and 1996 (Sheringham, Anderton, Campbell and Walker)

Onomah, KWP and Edwards by Euro 2020 too

The best England sides tend to have Spurs cores - 1990 (Gascoigne and Lineker + sort of Waddle) and 1996 (Sheringham, Anderton, Campbell and Walker)

Pretty certain Des Walker played for Forest! Would have loved him at Spurs mind you

I think we all said this after the last set of England games, such is the lack of quality at CM for England. He's only gotta bypass Mark Noble to get there...

Pretty certain Des Walker played for Forest! Would have loved him at Spurs mind you

Ian Walker.

Des Walker is pretty much my favourite ever non-Spurs. He played for us as a youth player, but we released him over a disciplinary matter due to his haircut

Ian Walker.

Des Walker is pretty much my favourite ever non-Spurs. He played for us as a youth player, but we released him over a disciplinary matter due to his haircut
Oops... forgot he managed to get into the England team... did he play in goal in '96 or was he understudy to Seaman?

Ian Walker.

I didn't know that. Given that we'd have had Waddle's flowing mullet at the time, exactly what sort of haircut would have caused problems? Gullit-style dreadlocks, perhaps?

Sideburns?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Oops... forgot he managed to get into the England team... did he play in goal in '96 or was he understudy to Seaman?

No, he only got 4 caps and none were in tournaments IIRC. David James succeeded Seaman really as first choice. But Walker was in the squad for good chunks of the period c.1996-2004.

I didn't know that. Given that we'd have had Waddle's flowing mullet at the time, exactly what sort of haircut would have caused problems? Gullit-style dreadlocks, perhaps?

An afro. It was considered rebellious in the club's then rules for schoolboys.

My English teachers would not have marked that article very highly. The Telegraph's standards continue to slide.

Back