• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Guillem Balague has done a Q&A on sky sports and someone asked which PL player he would like to see in La Liga... His answer was Harry Winks! Said he'd like to see him at Barca or Real but thinks he will be an important player for Spurs for many years.

I know his not the most credible journalist but still...

Guillem Balague has done a Q&A on sky sports and someone asked which PL player he would like to see in La Liga... His answer was Harry Winks! Said he'd like to see him at Barca or Real but thinks he will be an important player for Spurs for many years.

I know his not the most credible journalist but still...

Balague has been writing a book on Pochettino which is out in September and has had access to training and done a lot of interviews.

Winks when he was fit had a lot of promise. I worry about the impact this injury will have on him, it was a key development time and season for him.

That said, having Winks, Rose, Lamela all back early next season would change our depth issue significantly.

Winks when he was fit had a lot of promise. I worry about the impact this injury will have on him, it was a key development time and season for him.

That said, having Winks, Rose, Lamela all back early next season would change our depth issue significantly.

The great thing about his injury though is that it has saved him exhausting himself for next season at the U21 international tournament that Onomah and KWP have gone to.

The great thing about his injury though is that it has saved him exhausting himself for next season at the U21 international tournament that Onomah and KWP have gone to.

I doubt he would have been allowed to go if he was getting serious game time in the league

Edit - if you're talking about the one running atm

It'll be interesting to see how our squad and shape evolves in the next couple of years. If we were to lose Eriksen, this lad could be essential, especially if the makeup of the front 3 were to be more of the Alli, Kane and Son kind.

I'm not as worried. Physically he will bounce back from the injury fine, but more importantly his appearances this season will have a massive positive impact on his confidence. This layoff won't have dented that. He will go from strength to strength next season.

How much would you pay for a player like Winks in this market? When you see the vast sums being spent on players with potential from the continent then it is not hard to imagine some outlandish figure. Fantastic player.

Over the years i have forgotten how many of " one of our own" players who have come into our team and got rave notices from our fans but then failed to follow through and become a top player for us. We are not the only team who get carried away with players who have come through the clubs system its what fans do.

But from what i have seen of Winks he looks like he really has all the tools to become a VERY good player and more important seems to have the mentality and attitude to play at the highest level ( and more important to stay there). I am really looking forward to seeing how he goes on next season.

Last edited:
I doubt he would have been allowed to go if he was getting serious game time in the league

Edit - if you're talking about the one running atm

@Gutter Boy is confusing the U20 World Cup(which started today) and the U21 European Championship(which starts mid June). KWP and Onomah are at the former, Winks would have been at the latter but for his injury(assuming he doesn't recover from it by then).

From another point of view, their injuries show that we do have depth in these areas and just need them back early next season.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

From another point of view, their injuries show that we do have depth in these areas and just need them back early next season.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

I've said that a lot

We just spanked Leicester whilst missing players like Walker, trippier, rose, lamella and Winks.... we saw the impact that Chelsea had when alonso was out injured for one game

Cool to see him get that kind of recognition already.

If he wasn't a Spurs player already I would be desperate for us to sign him. Can't wait to see him back in the team next season.

I'd assume he's gonna be back for pre-season. He sustained ankle ligament damage, so with the right physio etc he should bounce back way before the start of pre-season.

Back